monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Below viewing threshold (view)
Baldimo

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 10:04 am
@oralloy,
How much time do you think Blickers spent in the 80's going after Reagan because he was being tough on Russia? Do you think she ever said these things about Russia then, the tough talk? I'm sure she was part of the group who saw Reagan as a war-monger and the USSR as a friendly country who only wanted to help the US get past their capitalistic ways...

I'm willing to bet that if you went back to Blickers posts during the 2012 elections, she was laughing at Romney and clapping for Obama when he said the 80's wanted their Foreign Policy back...
giujohn

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 10:09 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Their credentials should be suspended until they pull their funding
0 Replies

layman

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 10:15 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

If Trump tweeted after issuing the executive order "Well, like I promised, I've banned Muslims!" (which would not have been outside the realm of possibilities), I think a pretty solid case could be made that regardless of the EO's wording, Trump, by his own admission, was trying to ban Muslims.

"Wanting" to ban muslims, and even "trying" to ban muslims is not the issue. The question would still be "Does the order operate to "ban muslims?" Does it "establish" an official "State religion?"

You can't prosecute a guy for murder unless he kills a guy. If he fails to accomplish that, then, no matter how hard he might have "tried," there is no murder.

Murder is dependent on objective facts, not subjective intentions.

As I've said before, these courts are trying to punish Trump for what they perceive to be his "beliefs," not his acts, or the consequences thereof. The First Amendment prohibits that.
Olivier5

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 10:18 am
@giujohn,
Trump looks like a traitor, sounds like a traitor and behaves like a traitor.
hightor

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 10:28 am
@gungasnake,
Thanks for the setup!

Trump and the true meaning of "idiot"
0 Replies

layman

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 10:32 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
As I've documented in previous posts, our Supreme Court has clearly held that congress can eject NON-CITIZENS simply because they don't like their beliefs. They have no first amendment rights which prevent deportation, because they are not citizens.

Congress could ban admission of adherents to devil-worshipping cults in Haiti, if they wanted. They can ban commies. They could ban muslims, on similar grounds.

Islam is not "just" a religion. It is, in effect, a system of government (like communism), a code of laws, a declaration of allegiance to (unconstitutional) policies, etc.

Congress could, if desired, completely ban the immigration of muslims on such grounds, and there wouldn't be a damn thing the courts could do about it. That aint within the judicial power.
revelette1

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 11:02 am
@layman,
I know a sitting president can't be tried for a crime, it has been stated more than once here on this very thread. The charge could have been made but was not after he left office. Bill Clinton couldn't have settled the Paula Jones case as a perjury case as you stated because the charge of perjury was never made. Bill Clinton surrendered his license after admitting to making false and misleading statements. He said he tried to walking a fine legal line, but he failed. (my words) So legally, a charge of perjury would have been very hard to prove based solely on his statements of guilt and the definition of intimate relations in the Paula Jones case. At least he publically admitted he mislead the whole American public and his wife and family and he tried to make amends and didn't fight the disbarring or the settlement with Paula Jones. He said he wanted it over by that time to just go away.

In any event, taking all that, in the end he was lying about a consensual affair to keep from having to admit to it in the Paula Jones case which was pure politics of desperate people. It was stupid; he was dumb for laying himself open for that trap. But it wasn't malicious like Trump and his deals with Comey.
gungasnake

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 11:08 am
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/economy/trump-caps-infrastructure-week-tossing-binders-ground-n770376?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 11:15 am
@revelette1,
Part of the KKKlintler/Monica problem involved cigars....
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/0d/e5/74/0de574f9ce9d08b3ac7d1f07993e1caf.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7EbLIdE88Q
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 11:17 am
@layman,
Quote:
Congress could, if desired, completely ban the immigration of muslims on such grounds, and there wouldn't be a damn thing the courts could do about it. That aint within the judicial power.

Sounds like a plan....
0 Replies

maporsche

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 11:23 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
What if he referred to it as him fulfilling a campaign promise? Would that change anything in your view?

Also, the 'temporary ban' was scheduled for 90 day under the guise that the government needed that long to impose new rules and procedures. It's been over a 100 days since the EO was signed now. My Trump's statements at the time, should we believe that it's no longer needed?
Blickers

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 11:34 am
@Olivier5,
Quote Olivier 5:
Quote:
Your president conspired with the Russian mafia clique in order to get elected. He's a traitor.

The evidence is pouring in that Trump is indeed a Putin collaborator. Trump defenders increasingly have to look at themselves and realize they've slowly become Putin's Fifth Column.
layman

Tue 13 Jun, 2017 11:35 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

In any event, taking all that, in the end he was lying about a consensual affair to keep from having to admit to it in the Paula Jones case which was pure politics of desperate people. It was stupid; he was dumb for laying himself open for that trap. But it wasn't malicious like Trump and his deals with Comey.

hahahaha. Not malicious, eh?

Nothing the least bit malicious in Trump's dealings with Comey.

Some act like Clinton's only wrong-doing was in misleading "the American people." Wrong, it was a deliberate attempt to steal the $850,000 Jones was entitled to from her.

It was not "pure politics," it was attempted theft from a private citizen. Now THAT'S "malicious."
0 Replies