monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

giujohn

Fri 9 Jun, 2017 01:12 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Somehow I doubt your version of the tea shirt is as catchy.

People in former positions write books, give speeches and all kinds of things about their times in office with presidents. Comey memos were not classified. Trump had fired Comey, so he was no longer an FBI agent. It is not as though he had to sign a confidentiality agreement like many of Trump's employees.

They are not HIS memos, they are work product and covered under 18 USC 641.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 9 Jun, 2017 01:14 pm
@blatham,
Just to be clear: I don't seek your admiration and I sort of like Satan.
blatham

Fri 9 Jun, 2017 01:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I don't seek your admiration

Everyone seeks my admiration. This has been the great burden of my life.
giujohn

Fri 9 Jun, 2017 01:28 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

The FBI is by law an independent body to investigate wrongdoing. The president cannot order it around, even though it's in the executive branch. Trump clearly overstepped the legal bunds. Repeatedly.

Oh really? So if I'm the president and I say drop the investigation I'm pardoning Flynn what do you think the FBI is going do...keep it going? The president most certainly has the Constitutional authority to direct any government investigation unless the law (like the independent prosecutor law) prohibits it.

revelette1

Fri 9 Jun, 2017 01:32 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
They are not HIS memos, they are work product and covered under 18 USC 641.

Can you prove your statement? How do you know those memos would be covered under the number you cited? Are you some kind of expert on the subject? Comey took it upon himself to write the memos. It is not as though writing the memos was some kind of official duty like filling out a report or something.
Setanta

Fri 9 Jun, 2017 01:32 pm
@giujohn,
Do you care to cite the portion of the constitution in which the president is given that authority? Or are you, in fact, whistling past the graveyard because you're just as ignorant of the constitution as President Plump?
camlok

Fri 9 Jun, 2017 01:35 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Do you care to cite the portion of the constitution in which the president is given that authority?

oralloy is working on it as we speak.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Fri 9 Jun, 2017 01:44 pm
@Setanta,
I look at this statement and reflect back on 8 years of Obama's illegal immigration enforcement via the DOJ...
farmerman

Fri 9 Jun, 2017 02:01 pm
@oralloy,
you hve no idea of whqt you speak. When you gt called to the whitehouse by your employer's employer,(the heqd guy) ,and he "hopes that this thing goes away" and you do not presum thi is N ORDER, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR JOB (and isnt that what hppned), th ret is mrely motives re: obstruction of justice. Comey was a FACT witness and not subpoena'd as an expert who would give an opinion. Whether he was suborned to obstruct justice is laughably not in our realm of expertise. Lets see how this plays out. Ill bet Im closer to the reality of the situation
farmerman

Fri 9 Jun, 2017 02:05 pm
@blatham,
Thus , thanks a lot to Trump and his team's incompetence the investigtion inflates beyond its original focus. Now the issues of "coverup" and "obstructing justice" become even more rocks round DJT's ample neck
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 9 Jun, 2017 02:06 pm
@blatham,
You can see that a smart maneuver by Trump has gott be to totlly dicredit to the point of asserting criminality, upon Comey.
What a chess game!!
camlok

Fri 9 Jun, 2017 02:13 pm
@farmerman,
Use spell check.
Baldimo

Fri 9 Jun, 2017 02:23 pm
@camlok,
I think he posts from a cell phone and it might have small buttons...
glitterbag

Fri 9 Jun, 2017 02:40 pm
@farmerman,
It's a circus, Paul Ryan urges us to be patient because Trump is clueless about s new job, and he hasn't taken the time to learn how the three branches work. He has even convinced a few of his base that his power is absolute and he can order around the FBI. He can hire and fire, sure, but he can't order people who have devoted their adult lives to serving their country to switch their allegiance to Donald Trump. Everybody understands he is the president, he will be given a level of respect that he will not show the people who keep this country running. He can't, he simply can't..... has no respect for anyone including his faithful followers.
Today's press appearance with the President of Romania was another embarrassment. He keeps referring to NATO as if it's an account that Trump controls, and not the investment by nations into their own defense programs. It's a dishonest way to portray it.... and he had to show off by making inane comments to an America reporter before he allowed him to ask a question.

Why this makes some Americans happy I will never understand. If the CEO of your workplace talked like a clueless, boorish asshole....everybody would be muttering to themselves "what an asshole" and shake their heads.
farmerman

Fri 9 Jun, 2017 02:48 pm
@glitterbag,
pissed me off too. When Trump came on the air, NPR was just doing a piece on SCience Friday about dating those new H sapien skulls tht were reported to have been found in Morocco.
What a dickhead he is.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 9 Jun, 2017 02:50 pm
http://conservativetribune.com/bernie-christian-deny-faith-islam/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=TheFederalistPapers&utm_content=2017-06-08&utm_campaign=manualpost
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 9 Jun, 2017 02:52 pm
http://www.bearfabrique.org/Misc/bumpower.jpg
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 9 Jun, 2017 02:53 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
Not my area of expertise, of course, but I suspect you're right in terms of making a sufficient legal case. But it may be the case that further evidence turns that corner. We'll have to wait to see.

Since there was no crime, no evidence of any crime is going to turn up.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 9 Jun, 2017 02:54 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
"Us" is the wrong term. He was responding to one person's unthoughtful assertion.

Blatham, the fact that YOU lack the intelligence to process simple facts doesn't make ME unthoughtful.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 9 Jun, 2017 02:56 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
you hve no idea of whqt you speak. When you gt called to the whitehouse by your employer's employer,(the heqd guy) ,and he "hopes that this thing goes away" and you do not presum thi is N ORDER, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR JOB (and isnt that what hppned),

Pretending that a non-order is an order will not make it become an order.

That said, someone who deliberately flaunts the will of the boss is likely soon to be unemployed.

farmerman wrote:
th ret is mrely motives re: obstruction of justice. Comey was a FACT witness and not subpoena'd as an expert who would give an opinion. Whether he was suborned to obstruct justice is laughably not in our realm of expertise.

Wrong. Obstruction refers to very specific types of acts that can be noted by simply referring to what the law says.

I have more than enough expertise to observe the reality that what Trump is being accused of does not even come close to being one of the prohibited types of acts.

farmerman wrote:
Lets see how this plays out. Ill bet Im closer to the reality of the situation

The reality is you are trying to abuse the law to harm people who disagree with you. That is monstrous and we need to abolish the Democratic Party. Get rid of all the liberals once and for all.
0 Replies