monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

gungasnake

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 09:36 pm
NY Times says Demoperv party in much worse shape than previously thought:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/08/opinion/the-democratic-party-is-in-worse-shape-than-you-thought.html?_r=1
0 Replies

layman

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 09:37 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

All that reallly leaves is a sort of a mountain of major and real demoperv scandals which all the bullshit about DT and Russia was meant to deflect attention from....

Yeah, now that a special prosecutor has been appointed, thousands of Comey-directed FBI agents ordered to investigate russian collusion have been freed up to concentrate on putting Obama, the Clintons, Rice, Brennan, Clapper, Comey, Lynch, Holder, and, well, just about everybody else who served in the corrupt administration during the last 8 years, behind bars, eh?

And it's good for the economy, too! Thousands of additional jobs will be created for manufacturers of orange jumpsuits.
gungasnake

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 09:49 pm
Conversational Russian 101... A Russian army group ends up in your neighborhood and the squad leader says "Ищем демократических..." (We're looking for (rounding up) democrats...

How do you reply?

gungasnake

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 09:52 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Yeah, now that a special prosecutor has been appointed, thousands of Comey-directed FBI agents ordered to investigate russian collusion have been freed up to concentrate on putting Obama, the Clintons, Rice, Brennan, Clapper, Comey, Lynch, Holder, and, well, just about everybody else who served in the corrupt administration during the last 8 years, behind bars, eh?

Don't forget John and Tony Pedo-sta, Nazi Pelosi, **** Schumer.....
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 10:01 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Bill Kristol‏Verified account
@BillKristol
Bill Kristol Retweeted Burgess Everett
I happen to have seen various GOP Senators this afternoon. Trust me: Basically, they're not just concerned. They're pretty terrified.

Terrified of what?

If I were a leading Republican, the only thing I'd be right now is massively pissed off.

The American Democratic Party really does need to be abolished. Time to get rid of them.
oralloy

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 10:02 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
How does #45's personal lawyer know what was said in meetings between 45 and Mr. Comey? was he there? apparently not. that leaves recordings. did he listen to tapes?

He could have simply spoken to his client.

ehBeth wrote:
The whole tape thing is interesting. If there are tapes, by mentioning them in his tweets, 45 legally forfeited protecting them. It's been fascinating discussing this with some US lawyer pals over the past few weeks. All Republican voters for many years, but willing to put that aside to discuss the legal points that are popping up all over Trump/Russia/Comey/Sessions/Kushner etc.

I'll confess to not knowing anything about Trump's rights regarding tapes, but I find it a little strange that merely mentioning the existence of tapes in public would somehow deprive someone of their privacy rights.

At any rate, much ado about nothing. A tape recording of Trump not breaking the law is hardly going to harm his presidency.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 10:03 pm
@gungasnake,
I think I'd say, "Oh, gungasnaKKKe has had another psychotic down, eh?"
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 10:06 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

And it's good for the economy, too! Thousands of additional jobs will be created for manufacturers of orange jumpsuits.

I don't know anything about the new FBI guy, but I hope Trump picked someone who will devote considerable resources to the investigation and prosecution of Democrats.
gungasnake

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 10:11 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
If I were a leading Republican, the only thing I'd be right now is massively pissed off.

The American Democratic Party really does need to be abolished. Time to get rid of them.

The real question is, how do those assholes parlay their control of the MSM INTO an investigation of a non-existant DT/Russia scandal while public attention is totally deflected from the gigantic mountain of their own major and totally real scandals (weaponizing the IRS, BenGhazi, Fast/Furious, massive election fraud, mountains of untraceable cash to Iran in exchange for nothing, creating ISIS to use as a proxy against the legitimate government of Syria, the Nazi overthrow of the legitimate government of Ukraine....)
oralloy

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 10:18 pm
@gungasnake,
I'm less concerned about "how they did it" and more concerned with "what to do about them". At this point I think the only thing to do is outlaw the Democratic Party.

I also wouldn't mind seeing that weaponized IRS turned against the liberals for a bit, just to see what sort of fraud we can discover.
MontereyJack

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 10:22 pm
@oralloy,
As the evidence mounts that in fact the Russians were illegally hacking DNC sites and employees and running a sophisticated disinformation scheme and fake news stories in an attempt to sway the election for Trump, who encouraged them illegally to do so, it becomes ever more important to fully explore what Trump knew about it and when he knew it, and the role he played, wittingly or unwittingly in furthering it.. And the role his campaign advisers played in spreading it and furthering it. So far the noose around them seems to be getting tighter and tighter.
oralloy

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 10:30 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
As the evidence mounts that in fact the Russians were illegally hacking DNC sites and employees and running a sophisticated disinformation scheme and fake news stories in an attempt to sway the election for Trump, who encouraged them illegally to do so,

The notion that he encouraged the Russians to do so is goofy. The notion that this would be illegal is even goofier.

MontereyJack wrote:
it becomes ever more important to fully explore what Trump knew about it and when he knew it, and the role he played, wittingly or unwittingly in furthering it..

No. We already know that he had nothing to do with it. And it wouldn't matter even if he did have something to do with it, as that would not be a crime.

You are just trying to abuse the law to harm people who disagree with you. That is wrong and you belong in a cell at Guantanamo.

MontereyJack wrote:
And the role his campaign advisers played in spreading it and furthering it. So far the noose around them seems to be getting tighter and tighter.

If there are any abusive prosecutions of Trump's campaign advisers, one would hope that he will be quick to pardon them.

It was shameful the way Bush betrayed Scooter Libby and let the Democrats savage him. Hopefully Trump is a better person.
MontereyJack

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 10:31 pm
@MontereyJack,
Some complete maroon a couple pages back caked Bill Kristol a liberal. Talk about clueless. Kristol founded the Weekly Standard and is editor at large, and on many conservative think tanks (now that's an oxymoron). He knows more about conservatism than you do. If he says conservatives are running scared, he knows what he's talking about. You don't. They should run as far and as fast as they can before conservatism totally implodes and takes them with it.
layman

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 10:31 pm
Bill Clinton addresses immigration law in 1995:

]

I guess people liked what he said, judging from the sustained applause.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 10:38 pm
@oralloy,
False. You don't know hde had nothing to do with ity. You HOPE he had nothing to do with it, that's all. There is no way you can KNOW it, because you have no knowledge of what went on behind the scenes. If there's prosecution it won't be abusive, but fact= and evidence=driven, and his associates have a whole lot of questionable actions to explain. Again, as usual, you mistake your desires for facts.
oralloy

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 10:38 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
If he says conservatives are running scared, he knows what he's talking about. You don't. They should run as far and as fast as they can before conservatism totally implodes and takes them with it.

Conservatives are fine. We just need to get rid of the Democrats.

I have no idea if leading Republicans are scared or not, but I do know that if they are scared they are being pretty silly. They have nothing to be afraid of.

The only thing the Republicans should be right now is massively pissed off. They should be drawing up plans for getting rid of all the Democrats.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 10:43 pm
@oralloy,
The IRS needs to be abolished along with our entire debt-based money system. The very existence of the IRS is a constant threat to our system of government.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 10:46 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
As the evidence mounts that in fact the Russians were illegally hacking DNC sites and employees.....

BWWWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA hshshshshshshshshs, hohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohoho..

oralloy

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 10:48 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
False. You don't know hde had nothing to do with ity. You HOPE he had nothing to do with it, that's all. There is no way you can KNOW it, because you have no knowledge of what went on behind the scenes.

It is abundantly clear that he had nothing to do about it. By virtue of having my eyes open I can see that Trump had nothing to do with it. (Not to mention the fact that if he had been involved, his involvement would be entirely lawful.)

MontereyJack wrote:
If there's prosecution it won't be abusive, but fact= and evidence=driven,

Wrong. Special prosecutors have a history of abusing prosecutorial discretion. That is why the Democrats always demand that one be appointed. Democrats always want to abusively prosecute innocent people.

MontereyJack wrote:
and his associates have a whole lot of questionable actions to explain.

Since nothing that they are being accused of is even illegal, there is nothing for them to explain. You don't have to explain yourself when you are doing something that is perfectly legal.

Further, if the Democrats had wanted this to be sorted out and explained, they wouldn't have demanded a special prosecutor. They would have demanded an independent commission. A special prosecutor is not going to sort out and explain anything. All a special prosecutor is going to do is abuse prosecutorial discretion and try to convict innocent people.

MontereyJack wrote:
Again, as usual, you mistake your desires for facts.

No mistakes on my end. Everything I said is factual.
layman

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 10:48 pm
@oralloy,
Well, OK, then! I wonder why I aint heard this news from CNN, eh?

Quote:
Senate Committee Launches First New Clinton Corruption Investigation 7:26 PM 06/04/2017

Senate Committee on the Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley has launched a new investigation of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s effort to thwart a Bangladesh government corruption probe of Muhammad Yunus, a Clinton Foundation donor and close friend of the Clintons.

In 2016, Grassley complained about the Clinton Foundation to former Attorney General Loretta Lynch and to the FBI regarding public corruption charges.

In a June 1, 2017, letter to Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Grassley repeated TheDCNF charge that Clinton threatened Wazed with an IRS tax audit if his mother did not back away from the corruption probe. Wazed has lived in the U.S. for 17 years.

“If the Secretary of State used her position to intervene in an independent investigation by a sovereign government simply because of a personal and financial relationship stemming from the Clinton Foundation rather than the legitimate foreign policy interests of the United States, then that would be unacceptable,” Grassley told Tillerson.

“Co-mingling her official position as Secretary of State with her family foundation would be similarly inappropriate. It is vital to determine whether the State Department had any role in the threat of an IRS audit against the son of the Prime Minister in retaliation for this investigation,” Grassley continued.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/04/senate-committee-launches-a-new-clinton-investigation/