monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

oralloy

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 06:20 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Just saw Senator Chris Murphy (D) Connecticut saying that he thinks it may become necessary to get Donald Trump under oath. Lordie. If only, if only...

I think it may become necessary to have an FBI investigation and IRS audit of Chris Murphy and his family.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 06:28 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Quote:
...and its little sister the Great Recession...

I personally viewed the "recession" as actually being a depression, just dressed up with a happier name. ( that is, if a recession can be seen as happy)

The difference between the Great Depression and GW Bush's Great Recession, the big boys didn't panic this time and take a fall along with the working folks. They had it figured how to make the poor pay for it this time.
oralloy

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 06:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
The poor in 2009 were just as bad off as the poor were during the Great Depression?
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 06:36 pm
Quote:
Kobach Launches Kansas Guv Campaign With Hardline Immigration Stance
TPM

Well of course he does. Such a dipshit, this guy.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 06:39 pm
http://rickwells.us/house-report-obama-eric-holder-lied-obstructed-justice-fast-furious/
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 06:50 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Mostly retired at this point. Myself and another fellow are retro-fitting the local ambulance fleet with a power-lift system to load stretcher/patient presently and I'm about to begin renovating a family's garage to make it a playroom. Stuff like that. Before moving here, had a retail store in Portland and another in New York selling jewelry wife and I made. Before than, in Vancouver did renovation/construction for years, worked as a grip in the film industry for a time. About half of my adult life I've worked for myself.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 06:53 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Given the alternative, I hope it was a temporary minor health thing.
I suppose the future will tell what's up but my take was that McCain was having very real cognitive difficulty. Of course, that's a fairly common effect of medications at his age so perhaps that.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 07:15 pm
Well, this will certainly make America great again.
Quote:
Jerry Falwell Jr. says he will be part of a Trump education initiative
Politico

blatham

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 07:17 pm
Belgium. France. Britain.
Thanks Trump!
0 Replies

camlok

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 07:19 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Well, this will certainly make America great again.
Quote:
Jerry Falwell Jr. says he will be part of a Trump education initiative
Politico

Now that is hilarious!

I can't stop laughing!
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 07:20 pm
Trump the Populist sings the songs of Woody Guthrie
Quote:
House passes sweeping bank deregulation bill
The legislation represents the GOP's opening salvo in the coming debate over easing the rules on the financial system.
Politico
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 07:25 pm
By unanimous vote of the Quote Committee, the winning Incredibly Terrific Quote of the Year is...
Quote:
Look, I've seen the tweet about tapes. Lordy, I hope there are tapes.

snood

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 07:39 pm
@blatham,
There's already a list of "Cromeyisms" starting to make the rounds...
Things like 'lordy', 'no fuzz', 'Captain Courageous', and 'seagulls at the beach'.
giujohn

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 07:40 pm
Remember when you were young on a hot day just after you got that ice cream cone and after your first lick it fell on the ground?

THATS HOW THE DEMOCRATS ANF THE LEFT MUST FEEL TONIGHT AFTER COMEY'S TESTIMONY.

LOL HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA...silly leftist whackos.
camlok

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 07:42 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
Remember when you were young on a hot day just after you got that ice cream cone and after your first lick it fell on the ground?

That always happened to the dumb kids!
0 Replies

layman

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 07:49 pm
This guy needs to be grilled, sho nuff. Like on a spittle, ya know?

Quote:
London mayor grilled by Piers Morgan for inability to track British jihadists back from Syria

London Mayor Sadiq Khan faced a grilling this week by journalist Piers Morgan after admitting that hundreds of jihadists back from Syria are not being tracked by police.

"Let me tell you why. Because..if the Met Police is being shrunk and reduced, they’ve got to prioritize and use their resources in a sensible, savvy way.”.

Mr. Morgan, incredulous, shot back, “What could be a bigger priority than people coming back from a Syrian battlefield with intent to harm British citizens? Why is it not the number one priority?

“Why are these people just allowed to come back in the first place, and then the London mayor doesn’t appear to have a clue where any of them are? I mean, no disrespect to you, but where are they?” asked the host.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/7/sadiq-khan-grilled-by-piers-morgan-for-inability-t/

"Sensible and savvy," eh? A full-blowed cheese-eater talkin there, sho nuff.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 07:55 pm
@snood,
Quote:
There's already a list of "Cromeyisms" starting to make the rounds...
Things like 'lordy', 'no fuzz', 'Captain Courageous', and 'seagulls at the beach'.

Soon to be compiled in my new book, "Deep State Poetics".
giujohn

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 08:01 pm
No collision (as if there is a law against it) No obstruction of justice No votes affected by Russkies No investigation of the President No evidence No smoking gun No impeachment Comey is the leaker (and that's the only criminal thing so far thats been disclosed)

Special Counsel advises they should wrap things up in a couple of months.

Yes boys and girls...its been a very baaaaddd day for the MSM and the Looney left and for their 2018/2020 elections
layman

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 08:03 pm
@blatham,
My new stock response to Comey posts made by Blather:

Blow me, Comey.

Kinda catchy, doncha think?
layman

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 08:06 pm
@giujohn,
Hahahaha. CNN had a "countdown clock" on their "news" desk ticking off the days, hours, minutes, and seconds until Comey testified.

They just couldn't wait until Comey said he never told Trump he was not under investigation, like they reported he would.

I think they had balloons and confetti in the rafters, ready to be released in a massive blizzard the second he said it.

Nice try, cheese-eaters.
0 Replies