monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

izzythepush

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 12:48 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
Theresa May stuck her foot in her mouth and extended an early invitation without asking the Queen.

The prime minister doesn't have to ask the Queen, the Queen does what she's told, (if she wants to remain Queen that is.)

May offered a state visit without anything in return, and since then Wotsit Hitler has behaved atrociously, insulting the people of London and victims of terrorism, and vowing to destroy the planet to make his supporters rich in the short term.

If May is still prime minister tomorrow the state visit will be on.
0 Replies

Builder

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 02:06 am
https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18893101_826134410878814_8595862821861768975_n.jpg?oh=01a350878b320484d06aeabe61c11e9b&oe=59DEA939
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 04:11 am
This is interesting. There are a number of people who post here that I've long had reason to put on ignore and about a half dozen or so post regularly.

But in the 1000 plus pages we've accumulated, I've never seen on my screen so many "User Ignore" entries as what's happened over the last two days.

Between 7 june 6:21 PM and 8 june 12:12 AM I count 43 ignored posts with one string of 21 consecutive posts.

Why such a flurry of activity from these folks? Comey. However unconsciously, they recognize the acute danger in this situation.

snood

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 04:14 am
@blatham,
Indeed. They make scoffing and dismissive noises, but if the rising smoke didn't worry them they wouldn't be so motivated to demean all the firestarters.
hightor

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 04:30 am
@blatham,
Yes, I've noticed this as well. And the same talking points are trotted out again and again. "Collusion is not a crime", "Trump was within his rights to fire Comey", "There's no proof that Russia was involved", "Hillary's a crook".
Lash

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 04:35 am
Ugh! Brits decide today. Fingers crossed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/06/08/europe/uk-election-day/index.html

0 Replies

blatham

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 04:41 am
@snood,
Yes. These guys live at the low-rent end of the bell curve.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 04:42 am
@hightor,
Quote:
And the same talking points are trotted out again and again.
Well, we do know why that happens.
blatham

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 04:46 am
By the by, if you have some spare time, the New Yorker republished a longish piece on Trump by Mark Singer originally published in May 1997. As someone on twitter said, "We were warned a long time ago". Highly recommended. http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1997/05/19/trump-solo
blatham

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 05:06 am
In Kansas, even Brownback's own party revolts against his brain-dead ideological extremism.
Quote:
The move amounted to a shocking rejection of the tax-cutting experiment Mr. Brownback had held up as the centerpiece of his conservative governing. But economic growth and revenues lagged, and even his allies began to publicly criticize the tax cuts.

The results were a warning of the risks for other Republican-controlled states that have tested similar approaches, and a dizzying descent for Mr. Brownback’s legacy and any future political aspirations.

Encouraging.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 05:13 am
And a bit more on folks at the low-rent end of the bell curve
Quote:
Jesse Ventura’s new Russian state TV show: ‘I am working for the enemy of mainstream media now’
WP
0 Replies

snood

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 05:17 am
So it turns out that Congressman-elect Gianforte has now sent a
long apology letter to Jacobs, the reporter he assaulted.

Pretty unequivocal language, for a republican bully:
Quote:
“I made a mistake and humbly ask for your forgiveness,” Gianforte says in his letter, acknowledging that his behavior was “unprofessional, unacceptable and unlawful.”

The letter conveniently forgets to mention that Gianforte's camp initially tried to blame the whole incident on Jacobs...
Quote:
Gianforte’s apology does not directly address why his campaign first blamed the reporter for the altercation. The letter does, however, say that Jacobs “did not initiate any physical contact” with Gianforte.

Quick poll! How many of the A2K stalwart conservatives/republicans who were taking this thug's side will admit they were wrong? Hmmm... let me think about it...

Lash

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 05:21 am
@snood,
About as many Democrats that blew their wrong-ass horn about Hillary being a better candidate than Bernie.

"She can win!"

Hmmm.
0 Replies

blatham

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 05:26 am
When a political or corporate or other entity is revealed by a whistle-blower to have been acting in some criminal or deceitful manner, the very predictable charge leveled by that entity is this one:
Quote:
Comey is a disgruntled ex-employee, and that’s how the Senate should view his testimony
Op Ed at WP by Republican and Trump campaign adviser Jack Kingston

This is, of course, a classic example of the ad hominem fallacy where the attempt is made to divert attention from the content of what the whistle-blower has revealed to asserted aspects of the whistle-blowers character and motivations.
Lash

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 05:28 am
@blatham,
Like the establishment democrats do to Assange and Snowden.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
snood

Thu 8 Jun, 2017 05:34 am
Quote:
It really is time to outlaw the Democratic Party in America

One Party! One leader! Heil!