monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

camlok

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 06:02 pm
@layman,
No one believes a consummate liar like you, layman.
0 Replies

camlok

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 06:05 pm
@layman,
Quote:
the commie-ass genocide of Pol Pot was an "invention" of the evil USA.

Quote:

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/US_ThirdWorld/US_PolPot.html

On the Side of Pol Pot: U.S. Supports Khmer Rouge

by Jack Colhoun

Covert Action Quarterly magazine, Summer 1990

For the last eleven years the United States government, in a covert operation born of cynicism and hypocrisy, has collaborated with the genocidal Khmer Rouge in Cambodia. More specifically, Washington has covertly aided and abetted the Pol Potists' guerrilla war to overthrow the Vietnamese backed government of Prime Minister Hun Sen, which replaced the Khmer Rouge regime.

The U.S. government's secret partnership with the Khmer Rouge grew out of the U.S. defeat in the Vietnam War. After the fall of Saigon in 1975, the U.S.-worried by the shift in the Southeast Asian balance of power-turned once again to geopolitical confrontation. It quickly formalized an anti-Vietnamese, anti-Soviet strategic alliance with China-an alliance whose disastrous effects have been most evident in Cambodia. For the U.S., playing the "China card" has meant sustaining the Khmer Rouge as a geopolitical counterweight capable of destabilizing the Hun Sen government in Cambodia and its Vietnamese allies.

When Vietnam intervened in Cambodia and drove the Pol Potists from power in January 1972, Washington took immediate steps to preserve the Khmer Rouge as a guerrilla movement. International relief agencies were pressured by the U.S. to provide humanitarian assistance to the Khmer Rouge guerrillas who fled into Thailand. For more than a decade, the Khmer Rouge have used the refugee camps they occupy as military bases to wage a contra-war in Cambodia. According to Linda Mason and Roger Brown, who studied the relief operations in Thailand for Cambodian refugees:

...relief organizations supplied the Khmer Rouge resistance movement with food and medicines.... In the Fall of 1979 the Khmer Rouge were the most desperate of all the refugees who came to the Thai-Kampuchean border. Throughout l900, however, their health rapidly improved, and relief organizations began questioning the legitimacy of feeding them. The Khmer Rouge. . . having regained strength...had begun actively fighting the Vietnamese. The relief organizations considered supporting the Khmer Rouge inconsistent with their humanitarian goals.... Yet Thailand, the country that hosted the relief operation, and the U.S. government, which funded the bulk of the relief operations, insisted that the Khmer Rouge be fed.

During his reign as National Security Adviser, Zbigniew Brzezinski played an important role in determining how the U.S. would support the Pol Pot guerrillas. Elizabeth Becker, an expert on Cambodia, recently wrote, "Brzezinski himself claims that he concocted the idea of persuading Thailand to cooperate fully with China in efforts to rebuild the Khmer Rouge.... Brzezinski said, " I encouraged the Chinese to support Pol Pot. I encouraged the Thai to help the DK [Democratic Kampuchea]. The question was how to help the Cambodian people. Pol Pot was an abomination. We could not support him but China could."

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 06:05 pm
@revelette1,
He said much more
0 Replies

camlok

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 06:06 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Stupid us, eh, ?

We agree. You have been so badly duped your whole lives, layman.
reasoning logic

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 06:12 pm
@camlok,
Quote:
We agree. You have been so badly duped your whole lives, layman.

I have been duped as well. How about you have you ever experienced naive moments in you adulthood?
0 Replies

jcboy

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 06:58 pm
Here's the quick-dirty low-down on this jackass Trump, he was never supposed to be invited for a State Dinner in the UK, not until a year has passed since election, but Theresa May stuck her foot in her mouth and extended an early invitation without asking the Queen. Now the Mayor of London is asking Parliament to rescind the invitation because of Trump's outrageous lack of compassion after the attack and his political game-playing.
layman

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 07:04 pm
Comey got himself fired, and it's easy to see why.

Trump told him, more than once, that the russian cloud was making it hard for him to make deals that would benefit the country.

All he asked was that Comey find some way to publicly confirm what they both knew, i.e, that Trump himself was not under investigation.

Comey stalled on this for months, and did nothing, just letting all of the out-of-control, unsubtantiated, false innuendo of the MSM continue, unabated, for months--all the while hampering Trump's ability to do his job.

So Trump found a way to do it himself: By firing Comey and using that method to publish the fact that he was not, and never had been, the target of an investigation, and that Comey knew it.

Comey could presumably have saved his job, and helped the entire country in the process, by following Trump's simple suggestion, but, nooooooooooooo...

No wonder Trump said he was a real wack-job, eh?

Later, Jimbo.
giujohn

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 07:10 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Here's the quick-dirty low-down on this jackass Trump, he was never supposed to be invited for a State Dinner in the UK, not until a year has passed since election, but Theresa May stuck her foot in her mouth and extended an early invitation without asking the Queen. Now the Mayor of London is asking Parliament to rescind the invitation because of Trump's outrageous lack of compassion after the attack and his political game-playing.

So Trump will dodge a bullet and not have to eat some if the worst cuisine in the world.
0 Replies

jcboy

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 07:10 pm
@jcboy,
And on another note! Comey Testimony Prediction: He'll say words (the best words) and it will be clear to all sane people that Trump never should've been elected and definitely should've been impeached by now. The media and/or liberals will misinterpret 1 tiny detail and Trump worshippers will scream "Fake News" and post inaccurate memes. And then the Republican controlled Congress will do nothing.

Or I could be wrong! I've made 1 wrong political prediction in my life. It wasn't her turn.
Lash

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 07:15 pm
@jcboy,
I think you may be right.

This is so complicated to me. I don't think Comey's comments prove impeachable offense from a legal standpoint, but the press and the most vociferous contingent of the nation is poised to begin proceedings.

I do think eventually proper evidence is available to begin legitimate impeachment proceedings, but Comey's released testimony doesn't provide it.

Doesn't mean it won't happen.
layman

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 07:16 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

the Republican controlled Congress will do nothing....Or I could be wrong!

No, for once you're absolutely right.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
layman

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 07:24 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

The fact if the matter is if comey had just kept his mouth shut about the obviously ridiculous dossier it wouldn't have been a story the press would have been able to pursue... Comey made it so...he knew it would hurt Trump that's why he did it.

Yeah, Comey said that he knew, in advance, that the dossier was about to be published, eh? Now, how would he know that, I wonder?

Quote:
...we knew the media was about to publicly report the material and we believed the IC should not keep knowledge of the material and its imminent release from the President-Elect...

For it's part, CNN said they only reported what they did BECAUSE the FBI had already told Trump. Comey says he only told Trump because the media was going to report it. It can't possibly be both, eh? Not as far as CNN goes, anyway.
Below viewing threshold (view)
layman

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 07:46 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

layman wrote:

Yeah, Comey said that he knew, in advance, that the dossier was about to be published, eh? Now, how would he know that, I wonder?

Ooooh...is that collusion???

Yeah, I can imagine the convo now, eh?

CNN: Jim, we need to cover our ass on publishing this, so let's do it this way: You report it to Trump, then leak to us the fact that you told him, then we'll publish THAT, see?

Comey: Great plan! Let's do it.

It's worth remembering that, according to his own testimony, ONLY Comey was in the room when Trump was told. Who else could have leaked it?
layman

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 08:07 pm
@layman,
Oops, I left out Buzzfeed's role in the plan:

layman wrote:
CNN: Jim, we need to cover our ass on publishing this, so let's do it this way: You report it to Trump, then leak to us the fact that you told him, then we'll publish THAT, see?

CNN: Those clowns over at Buzzfeed have agreed to publish the whole damn dossier if we'll do that first!

Comey: Great plan! Let's do it.

It's worth remembering that, according to his own testimony, ONLY Comey was in the room when Trump was told. Who else could have leaked it?
0 Replies

hightor

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 08:08 pm
@giujohn,
layman wrote:
All he asked was that Comey find some way to publicly confirm what they both knew, i.e, that Trump himself was not under investigation

The problem for Mr. Comey here is obvious; yes, at the present time Mr. Trump is not under investigation. But let's say that further along the FBI finds questionable patterns of behavior which require them to investigate Mr. Trump. Then Mr. Comey is put in the uncomfortable position of having to announce that Mr. Trump is under investigation. Or, at considerable risk, he could try to keep the investigation a secret. Yeah, right. Neither are good options. There's a reason that the Justice Department is designed to be independent of the executive branch, including the chief executive.
layman

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 08:13 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

layman wrote:
All he asked was that Comey find some way to publicly confirm what they both knew, i.e, that Trump himself was not under investigation

The problem for Mr. Comey here is obvious; yes, at the present time Mr. Trump is not under investigation. But let's say that further along the FBI finds questionable patterns of behavior which require them to investigate Mr. Trump. Then Mr. Comey is put in the uncomfortable position of having to announce that Mr. Trump is under investigation. Or, at considerable risk, he could try to keep the investigation a secret. Yeah, right. Neither are good options. There's a reason that the Justice Department is designed to be independent of the executive branch, including the chief executive.

That's hogwash. An utterly transparent and illogical "excuse." All the public wants is the TRUTH!

If he's not under investigation now, then say so, and stop crippling his presidency.

If, perchance, Trump ever does come under investigation then, by all means, announce that then. It will be the TRUTH.

If Comey EVER completed his "investigation" (not likely) he would normally say so. But, by that logic, he COULDN't announce it with Trump. I mean, oh my god, what if they happen to re-open it!????? OK, you CAN'T say the investigation is complete, not with Trump, because that would put you in an impossible bind, got it? Silence on his innocence must be suppressed in perpetuity.

Sure, you can announce that the investigation with Clinton is complete, but NOT TRUMP!
gungasnake

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 08:17 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Enough is enough. Outlaw the Democratic Party in America. Time to get rid of them and their vile witch hunts.

My sentiments exactly. A political party which would actually run HDK or anything like HDK for Pres. of the United States has no place in a civilized society.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Wed 7 Jun, 2017 08:28 pm
@layman,
Quote:
Just ask any cheese-eater, eh?

Cheese eaters or SNAIL eaters like the new frog HMFIC Maricon.....
0 Replies