Fri 2 Jun, 2017 12:12 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Well that makes all the difference in the world! Rolling Eyes
Walter Hinteler

Fri 2 Jun, 2017 12:14 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
The difference between a treaty and a convention? Yes.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 2 Jun, 2017 12:18 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
But not a bit of difference concerning how meaningless this particular agreement is.
camlok

Fri 2 Jun, 2017 12:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Rank partisanship fueled by your hearty embrace of centuries of US thievery, and its attendant myriad murders.

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 2 Jun, 2017 12:33 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
But not a bit of difference concerning how meaningless this particular agreement is
I thought the main reason was because conventions about human rights human treaties violate American sovereignty. And, of course, CEDAW reflects radical feminist views.
camlok

Fri 2 Jun, 2017 12:40 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
I thought the main reason was because conventions about human rights human treaties violate American sovereignty.

No, the reason the US is virtually always the holdout on these human rights issues is that they don't want their hypocrisy standing out in stark relief as they go about the world abusing human beings.
0 Replies

hightor

Fri 2 Jun, 2017 01:45 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
The only thing he did was to not allow foreign powers to dictate how the US will spend it's money and how the US will produce energy.

I don't think that's how the Paris Accord works — each country sets its own voluntary goals. Your hero could have simply announced that the USA is cutting back and won't be fully implementing the reductions set by the previous administration.

Mr. Trump was elected by a whopping 27% of voting aged citizens. His "base" is probably less than this. Yet the president has yet to make one conciliatory move toward the majority of the population who did not vote for him. He seems to crave popularity and positive press coverage but he has done nothing to earn the respect, let alone admiration, of anyone other than those in the "America First" crowd. Much like President Nixon, he seems to be courting the disrespect and criticism of his political opposition. This can be politically effective if you have a majority of the country behind you. When you don't (and Mr. Trump doesn't) it seems self-defeating.
McGentrix

Fri 2 Jun, 2017 01:58 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
I don't think that's how the Paris Accord works

Think maybe you should find out? I mean, it might work that way, it might not. But just saying you don't because it doesn't fit your argument is silly.

I will freely admit that I do not know everything about the paris Accord, but I am going to learn so I can speak about it better. Gonna park this here so I can look it over this weekend. Feel free to look to.

http://www.heritage.org/testimony/paris-climate-promise-bad-deal-america
georgeob1

Fri 2 Jun, 2017 02:20 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

What is the difference between a treaty and a "convention"?
maporsche

Fri 2 Jun, 2017 02:31 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Walter Hinteler wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

What is the difference between a treaty and a "convention"?

This link below will tell you everything you need to know (It's completely safe).

http://bfy.tw/C9a5
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 2 Jun, 2017 02:31 pm
@hightor,
Trump is notorious for his vindictiveness. He's still furious that there are citizens in our country who dared not to vote for him. He's clueless when it comes to how democracy works. He still thinks he just took over a business and is weeding out the disloyal and polishing his daft notion of a powerful leader. I find it all rather scary for our future (for Republicans, Democrats and Independents). His ego is so rapacious he will squander our future to prove he can bend the country to his will.
hightor

Fri 2 Jun, 2017 02:33 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
But just saying you don't because it doesn't fit your argument is silly.

I didn't make that up to "fit my argument". I heard it mentioned numerous times on news broadcasts and various commentaries. But I'm not omniscient so I used informal phrasing because I didn't have direct citations to refer to.

Quote:

(...)

In truth, the agreement does not require any country to do anything; after the failure of the 1997 Kyoto Accord, the United Nations, which oversees climate change negotiations, decided that it simply did not have the authority to force a legally binding agreement. Instead, negotiators in Paris aimed for, and miraculously achieved, a voluntary agreement, under which more than 190 countries offered aspirational emissions targets, pledged their best efforts to meet them and agreed to give periodic updates on how they were doing.

Paris did not, in short, legally constrain Mr. Trump from doing the dumb things he wanted to do. Which he already has. In the last few months, and without consulting a single foreign leader, he has ordered rollbacks of every one of the policies on which President Barack Obama based his ambitious pledge to reduce America’s greenhouse gas emissions by 26 percent to 28 percent below 2005 levels by 2025 — most prominently, policies aimed at reducing greenhouse gases from coal-fired power plants, automobiles and oil and gas wells.

(...)

NYT
0 Replies

layman

Fri 2 Jun, 2017 02:37 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

[McMaster has] got this miserable interagency process and then gets trotted out to defend the most inane and corrupting things,” said the adviser who spoke anonymously, like others in this story, to avoid reprisals from the Trump administration.

Heh, you cheese-eaters will scarf up every last piece of slop thrown down in your trough by some commie-ass rag, eh?

As long as some "anonymous" person, fictitious or not, will choose some negative adjective to use in his language, no matter how inapplicable and misleading, it's NEWS, eh?

What has McMasters defended that is "inane?" Besides nothing, I mean?

What has McMasters defended that is "corrupting?"

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Nice try, cheese-eaters.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 2 Jun, 2017 02:53 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
But not a bit of difference concerning how meaningless this particular agreement is
I thought the main reason was because conventions about human rights human treaties violate American sovereignty. And, of course, CEDAW reflects radical feminist views.

The main reason for what?

It's meaningless because it hasn't born any fruit and won't anytime soon.
0 Replies

layman

Fri 2 Jun, 2017 02:56 pm
Quote:
A “MINI ICE AGE” IS COMING SOON SAYS MATH PROFESSOR’S SOLAR CYCLE MODEL THAT’S 97% ACCURATE

The authors of this study are from NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center, and the cause of this ice gain isn’t entirely known, but a number of theories are mentioned in the paper. It is worth mentioning, however that NASA was blasted by dozens of their own scientists regarding their global warming stance, even though a number of the world’s top scientists have questioned just how much an impact greenhouse gases have on climate change.

This has nothing to do with human impact on climate change, but instead the activity of the sun and how solar cycles impact our climate as well. It’s based on a mathematical model that shows the sun might “quiet” down in the coming years thus impacting our climate as well. This is not a climate change denial article, please read it before commenting.

According to the Royal Astronomical Society (RAS):

"A new model of the Sun’s solar cycle is producing unprecedentedly accurate predictions of irregularities within the Sun’s 11-year heartbeat. The model draws on dynamo effects in two layers of the Sun, one close to the surface and one deep within its convection zone. Predictions from the model suggest that solar activity will fall by 60 per cent during the 2030s to conditions last seen during the ‘mini ice age’ that began in 1645."

Pretty interesting to think about it, isn’t it? With so much attention being paid to the warming of our planet, it would be quite a shocker to suddenly enter into an ice age. Again, this has nothing to due with human impact on climate change, more so the activity of the sun and how solar cycles impact our climate as well.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2017/02/04/a-mini-ice-age-is-coming-soon-says-math-professors-solar-cycle-model-thats-97-accurate/

Several other related links there.

"Climateologists" were predicting an oncoming ice age just 50 years ago, too.

I don't want to freeze to death at the equator after killing 1,000's of competitors just to get there. I'd rather be too hot. Say it aint so!

We need all the heat we can get! We must immediately reverse all policies designed to reduce warming, eh!?
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 2 Jun, 2017 03:12 pm
@glitterbag,
Did you grow up with him?

It's amazing how much you know about what he thinks and feels.
gungasnake

Fri 2 Jun, 2017 03:14 pm

Stupid stupid stupid greentards.....

https://news.grabien.com/story-10-dumbest-reactions-trump-quitting-paris-climate-accord

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 2 Jun, 2017 03:20 pm
What is particularly amusing is how many on the Left are bleating about how Trump decision to withdraw from the Paris Accords will move the US to the sidelines of global geo-political matters.

So throughout the world now, nations that benefit from the worlds strongest economy and history's most powerful military are all going to say:

"You're irrelevant America, peddle your power somewhere else!"

Right.

As for the hypocrites who are lamenting America's loss of moral leadership, just about 100% of them have been for decades denying any such leadership exists and taking great umbrage whenever US presidents have tried to exert it.

0 Replies

layman

Fri 2 Jun, 2017 03:21 pm
@layman,
Quote:
"A new model of the Sun’s solar cycle is producing unprecedentedly accurate predictions of irregularities within the Sun’s 11-year heartbeat. The model draws on dynamo effects in two layers of the Sun, one close to the surface and one deep within its convection zone. Predictions from the model suggest that solar activity will fall by 60 per cent during the 2030s to conditions last seen during the ‘mini ice age’ that began in 1645."

Unfortunately, those poor saps back in 1645 just didn't have the technological means necessary to pump massive quantities of CO2 into the atmosphere in order to help offset a freezing climate.

I pity the fools.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Fri 2 Jun, 2017 03:21 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/868770879878029312/B82uFvmG?format=jpg&name=600x314
0 Replies