monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Baldimo

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 01:08 pm
@camlok,
Why run to another thread? Is this your attempt to move the discussion and then bring up 9-11 and more BS US evil in the first 2 posts? Naw, you can stay here and show your cowardliness for all to see instead of hiding it in another thread.
blatham

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 01:45 pm
Quote:
Jeffrey D. Sachs‏Verified account @JeffDSachs 4m4 minutes ago
Trump ends American leadership in the world. Now the world will move forward without the US. And it will. Trump is a crook and a fool.
And if you don't know who Sachs is, look him up.
gungasnake

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 01:47 pm
Donald Trump telling greentards to go **** themselves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enGiN6AwgoU
0 Replies

camlok

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 01:52 pm
@blatham,
He seems to be associated with the rag, the Boston Globe.
0 Replies

camlok

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 01:53 pm
@Baldimo,
Ask blatham if it's alright and if he is, then I'm game.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 01:55 pm
@blatham,
Trump has sealed his own fate as isolated - and cemented the decline of the USA. China, India and the EU will take over on developing renewable energies, including benefiting from the jobs and business opportunities this offers.
snood

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 02:04 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
I mean, what are Trump and his followers thinking? Do they really believe the whole rest of the world, along with his own ex-Exxon CEO Secretary of State, and his own secretary of defense, and all the major industry CEOs and all the other developed countries - are they thinking that everyone else is wrong about how to progress, and they, led by Trump are right?
Really?
gungasnake

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 02:04 pm
Translation of Trump's statement into plain, simple English:

Quote:
I will protect the United States, the American people, and the American economy, from the Malthusian Greentards and gangsters who wish to reduce the entire world, but particularly the United States, to serfdom, under the perverted guise of protecting "Gaea(TM)"
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 02:06 pm
0 Replies

McGentrix

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 02:07 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Mm, hmm. Maybe your German is better than your English? Nothing like that happened at all. Trump is absolutely right that the the Paris treaty, as it is now, is harmful to American interests. So, we will step out, renegotiate and probably get back in under more favorable terms for the country and not Trump's legacy.

Watch this.

gungasnake

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 02:09 pm
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 02:12 pm
0 Replies

camlok

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 02:14 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Has it taken this for the Germans to dump the US, Walter? War crimes, terrorism, murdering and poisoning children, ... wasn't enought?
0 Replies

camlok

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 02:18 pm
@snood,
Quote:
... are they thinking that everyone else is wrong about how to progress, and they, led by Trump are right?
Really?

Why do you get your panties in a twist now, Snood? What seismic shift has occurred? Tens of millions dead, over seventy illegal invasions and the "world" still allowed the US to "lead".

I'm puzzled by your, your, ... I'm not sure what? christianity, love for your fellow mankind, generosity, benevolence, ... .
0 Replies

gungasnake

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 02:27 pm
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 02:35 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Trump has sealed his own fate as isolated - and cemented the decline of the USA. China, India and the EU will take over on developing renewable energies, including benefiting from the jobs and business opportunities this offers.

Why do you assume that the US will not pursue the development of renewable energies because we'll pulled out of the Paris Accords? If there's a buck to be made from it, American businessmen will pursue it.
ehBeth

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 02:40 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Trump has sealed his own fate as isolated

Set and I were talking about this the other night - there is a very strong thread of isolationism running through American history. America didn't want to be involved in either world war, was really dragged in. Mr. Trump has achieved a long-held goal of many Americans. I hope it works out to everyone's satisfaction.

I'm not optimistic, but I don't wish bad things for any of my American friends. They are always welcome here if they want to visit.
camlok

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 02:41 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
If there's a buck to be made from it, American businessmen will pursue it.

Yup, that's right, Finn. While the Indonesian military was dividing up citizens with machetes, with death lists provided by the US, US business and their poodle supporters were in Paris divvying up Indonesian wealth.

Deja vu repeated yearly for two centuries.
0 Replies

camlok

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 02:42 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Set and I were talking about this the other night - there is a very strong thread of isolationism running through American history.

The both of you really ought to get out more.

I'm really beginning to doubt the sanity of all westerners.

How does your notion square with,

America Has Been At War 93% of the Time – 222 Out of 239 Years ...

https://www.infowars.com/america-has-been-at-war-93-of-the-time-222-out-of-239-years-since-1776/

OR

History of American Wars - Three Centuries of America's Wars

http://www.history-of-american-wars.com/
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 1 Jun, 2017 03:32 pm
@ehBeth,
only if you have an ample supply of bacon.

The best thing about the US, is its resiliance. Weve lived through asshole presidents before. We managed to patch up all the crap that GWbush left and now we hve a new batcha crap being deposited.
I wonder if T rex will resign?? hes lobbied Trump to stay in the Accords.

I see Merckel is calling it the "G-6"