monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

Below viewing threshold (view)
ehBeth

Tue 30 May, 2017 11:40 am
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

Quote:
The tweet storm started at 6:40 a.m. on the East Coast, a bit earlier than usual

Laughing

this is funny if you know his loo habits (twitter tells you so much)
0 Replies

giujohn

Tue 30 May, 2017 11:45 am
If the bombs we dropped on Germany were of the potency of the kind of "bomb shells" coming out of the looney liberal press, we would have lost the war.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Tue 30 May, 2017 11:49 am
@camlok,
Quote:
Quote:
There is in fact the major difference. Winning World War II meant saving lives.

Another of the big lies...

Funny, I wouldn't have taken you for a Hitler fan or apologist...

Adult Hitler was a kind of an interesting guy but he wasn't somebody to want to make into any sort of an idol or hero figure. There were several points at which the guys vision was clear enough, particularly wanting to pull Germany out of the trans-Atlantic/Rothschild banking and financial system, but the guy was a sort of a goofball in other ways, particularly as to the question of buying into his own foobar mythology and racial theories, and the danger to other people (which was clear enough of the time) was that we all could of been made into lampshades.

Other than that, Hitler had a Baker's dozen ways to win World War II and only two or three ways to lose it and he found one of the ways to lose. He had no rational need to invade Russia, and he absolutely had to have a plan (which he lacked) to wage war against England. His going the wrong way on both of those propositions was motivated by his own stupid mythology.
0 Replies

layman

Tue 30 May, 2017 12:13 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
It's easy to condemn these amoral alliances and I don't suggest the doing so is unwarranted but hypocrisy is usually present whenever such condemnation is heard. It is clearly hypocritical to accept any of these alliances of necessity but condemn any and all others. That the hypocrisy is nearly always a function of partisan tribalism is, of course, not surprising.

Perhaps you didn't notice that I didn't say a damn thing about "morality" and didn't condemn this stupidity on MORAL grounds (although a case could certainly be made for that).

I said Obama was a chump, that's all. It is the utter stupidity of it all that is most astounding. Obama's homeys, Al Qada and their ISIS offshoots, have for decades, openly declared their hatred for the U.S and their intention to attack and destroy the west by the most horrific means available.

These are not just "bad guys;" they are our sworn enemies. No matter what other goals you may have in mind, it is unthinkable that you would want to train and arm YOUR enemies (even they are also enemies of others you don't like), employ, and give level 5 security clearances, to their leaders, etc.

It's suicidally stupid
camlok

Tue 30 May, 2017 12:26 pm
@layman,
OH MY GOD THE COMMIES ARE COMING THE COMMIES ARE COMING!

Talk about "utter stupidity", layman! What incredible dupes you are, what incredible dupes you have always been!

Duped into wars for 90% plus of your years in existence and you idiots haven't cottoned on yet.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 30 May, 2017 12:32 pm
Quote:
President Donald Trump's lawyer has received requests for information from two congressional panels investigating alleged Russian political meddling.
Michael Cohen confirmed to US media that he had been asked to "provide information and testimony" about any contacts he had with the Kremlin.
Mr Cohen said he turned down the request because it was "overly broad" and "not capable of being answered".
Last week Mr Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner was named in the Russia probe.
Mr Cohen is the latest Trump associate to rebuff the House and Senate investigations into the matter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40098658
camlok

Tue 30 May, 2017 12:35 pm
@izzythepush,
Donald should get Roy Cohn on this for him.
0 Replies

layman

Tue 30 May, 2017 01:01 pm
@layman,
If some avowed enemy of mine declared his intention to kill a guy I didn't like, would I hand him a loaded gun to do the job with?

I don't think so! Homey don't play dat.

He might well go and kill the guy, sure, but only after promptly shooting me first.
camlok

Tue 30 May, 2017 01:12 pm
@layman,
Quote:
If some avowed enemy of mine declared his intention to kill a guy I didn't like, would I hand him a loaded gun to do the job with?

I don't think so! Homey don't play dat.

He might well go and kill the guy, sure, but only after promptly shooting me first.

Indicative of your deeply evil nature, the one that has seen your governments murder tens of millions of innocents, cheered on by the ghouls.
layman

Tue 30 May, 2017 01:18 pm
@camlok,
Response moderated: Personal attack. See more info.
blatham

Tue 30 May, 2017 01:19 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
White House spokeswoman Hope Hicks (via WP)
Quote:
President Trump has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000. He has built great relationships throughout his life and treats everyone with respect. He is brilliant with a great sense of humor … and an amazing ability to make people feel special and aspire to be more than even they thought possible.
Isn't that one great! Of course, it's plagiarized from a North Korean state media release describing the Great Leader but still you have to hand it to Hicks for choosing a good example of the genre.
0 Replies

camlok

Tue 30 May, 2017 01:19 pm
@layman,
That's one of the US's biggest problems, layman, citizens with an attention span of layman.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 30 May, 2017 01:22 pm
I somehow missed this bit of news
Quote:
Recently, Kasowitz defended ousted Fox News anchor Bill O’Reilly against multiple claims of sexual harassment. At one point, someone on his legal team in that case accidentally forwarded emails to a Politico reporter detailing their strategy to portray the accusations as part of a left-wing conspiracy against O’Reilly.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/who-is-marc-kasowitz-trump-lawyer-russia
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Tue 30 May, 2017 01:25 pm
@layman,
My comments weren't directed to you.

Perhaps I should have written "it's easy for some.."
layman

Tue 30 May, 2017 01:38 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

My comments weren't directed to you.

Perhaps I should have written "it's easy for some.."

Well, OK, Finn. Truth be told, I didn't really think they were. That was just a rhetorical ploy designed to highlight the real objection I had to your post:

Although the points you make are valid, and well-articulated, they strike me as an irrelevant red herring with respect to this particular course of action.
blatham

Tue 30 May, 2017 01:48 pm
Quote:
Russian government officials discussed having potentially "derogatory" information about then-presidential candidate Donald Trump and some of his top aides in conversations intercepted by US intelligence during the 2016 election, according to two former intelligence officials and a congressional source.

One source described the information as financial in nature and said the discussion centered on whether the Russians had leverage over Trump's inner circle. The source said the intercepted communications suggested to US intelligence that Russians believed "they had the ability to influence the administration through the derogatory information."
Trump? His associates? His family? Financial corruption? No way. Trump released all his tax information and has encouraged the present investigations to demonstrate his driven-snow purity. I'm satisfied.

Quote:
But the sources, privy to the descriptions of the communications written by US intelligence, cautioned the Russian claims to one another "could have been exaggerated or even made up" as part of a disinformation campaign that the Russians did during the election.
No way again! The Russians didn't mess with the election. Trump said so. He said the Russians are laughing at America for the silly probes into all this. CNN

0 Replies

blatham

Tue 30 May, 2017 01:54 pm
It may be the case that thorough investigations do not find compelling evidence of collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign.

But one thing we do already know is that the Russians put in a lot of effort to manipulate the last election. That Republicans are working so hard to obstruct investigations into that aspect is an incontrovertible piece of evidence demonstrating that party's level of moral corruption.
layman

Tue 30 May, 2017 02:10 pm
@blatham,
Response moderated: Personal attack. See more info.
snood

Tue 30 May, 2017 02:10 pm
@blatham,
In a nutshell. If there's no fire why do they work so hard at denying there's even smoke?