monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

camlok

Mon 29 May, 2017 12:30 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
But they claim, incredibly, that this was simply their going rate for lectures.

More jest, Brandon, or are you going to back it up?
0 Replies

camlok

Mon 29 May, 2017 12:31 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
My point is that I'd like you to answer my question.

Have you ever heard of the word 'hypocrisy', Brandon?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Mon 29 May, 2017 12:32 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
Did they claim to have made this money from book sales?
You initially asked how they could make that much money from speeches. I asked you who had made the claim that this was their sole income source. You aren't answering that question.
Quote:
And those must have been some fantastic investments. Hillary described them as being in financial straits when Bill left office. Weren't they, in fact, repeatedly paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for speeches, many by foreign groups?
Yes, they are paid ridiculous sums for speeches as are hundreds of others who give speeches (mainly to corporate groups who have the deep pockets). The Clintons are not unusual in this regard though at the top end of the pay scale.

Look, you can find out where the Clinton's income comes from with a simple google search. Just avoid the bad sources. Forbes, for example, has a graph HERE

Yet, there is no investigation of them for the possibility of influence peddling, whereas Trump has been investigated for the better part of a year, with no incriminating fact found, for colluding with the Russians to fix the election.

I looked at your link. It is roughly commensurate with what I said. Are people still paying them that sort of money for speeches now that they have no influence to buy?
camlok

Mon 29 May, 2017 12:35 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Yet, there is no investigation of them for the possibility of influence peddling, yet Trump has been investigated for the better part of a year, with no incriminating fact found, for colluding with the Russians to fix the election.

Which part pisses you off more?

But don't worry, it's all a dog and pony show. No president has been hung for their war crimes so do you really think anything will come of this for any higher up?
Brandon9000

Mon 29 May, 2017 12:36 pm
@camlok,
camlok wrote:

Quote:
Yet, there is no investigation of them for the possibility of influence peddling, yet Trump has been investigated for the better part of a year, with no incriminating fact found, for colluding with the Russians to fix the election.

Which part pisses you off more?

But don't worry, it's all a dog and pony show. No president has been hung for their war crimes so do you really think anything will come of this for any higher up?

As usual for your posts, they may contain some assertions, but not a speck of supporting evidence.
Brandon9000

Mon 29 May, 2017 12:39 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
...the slow and tedious accumulation of information....

Very slow and tedious indeed, since not a single piece of evidence of collusion to fix the election has yet been found. The difference is that if the Watergate investigation had not had James McCord's account and had found no evidence of guilt after many months of investigation, they would have stopped looking.
camlok

Mon 29 May, 2017 12:44 pm
@Brandon9000,
Actually, Brandon, there were a lot of questions posed to you that don't require any evidence at all.
farmerman

Mon 29 May, 2017 01:24 pm
@Brandon9000,
They had Clinton under the scope for about 6 years before Clinton gave them Monica.

I think you guys are actually skeert of them finding something incriminating.

camlok

Mon 29 May, 2017 01:55 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
I think you guys are actually skeert of them finding something incriminating.

You lot just can't help being the most hypocritical people of all time. Everything you ever say can be measured against your own actions and you show yourselves to be stunningly hypocritical.
0 Replies

layman

Mon 29 May, 2017 02:09 pm
Well, OK, then!

Quote:
US using 'annihilation tactics' in final stages of ISIS fight in Mosul, Mattis says

“Our strategy right now is to accelerate the campaign against ISIS. It is a threat to all civilized nations. And the bottom line is we are going to move in an accelerated and reinforced manner, throw them on their back foot,” Mattis said in a televised interview on CBS News’ “Face the Nation.”

Defense Secretary James Mattis said Sunday the U.S. has switched to “annihilation tactics” against the Islamic State and is focused on completely surrounding the militants instead of moving them from place to place.

“Our strategy right now is to accelerate the campaign against ISIS. It is a threat to all civilized nations. And the bottom line is we are going to move in an accelerated and reinforced manner, throw them on their back foot,” Mattis said in a televised interview on CBS News’ “Face the Nation.”

He said the goal was to take out the militants before they could flee to neighboring countries.

“Our intention is that the foreign fighters do not survive the fight to return home to North Africa, to Europe, to America, to Asia, to Africa. We’re not going to allow them to do so. We’re going to stop them there and take apart the caliphate,” Mattis said.

Those barbaric cut-throats aint got no fuckin chance against Mad Dog. He aint playin,.

He's the modern-day George Patton.
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 29 May, 2017 02:12 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Does anyone here believe that two honest people could make $100 million in 15 years just by giving speeches?

Sure. I'm happy to answer your question.

It's pretty simple. Each honest person would need to earn a little less than $280,000 a month for fifteen years. So yeah, it's not impossible. Most people at that income level have investments and well-managed portfolios so they probably wouldn't have to keep up the pace for the whole fifteen years but yeah, it's possible.

gungasnake

Mon 29 May, 2017 02:13 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
The basic reality as I see it... The threat of any sort of an international communist movement is pretty much gone at this point and Russia no longer represents any kind of a threat to Europe which is worth talking about. If all NATO is ever going to do was "protect"its members from Russia, then NATO should be abolished.

If, on the other hand, Europeans are worried about I-slam and terrorism, then what they need very clearly is not NATO. They (that is, the ordinary people of Europe) need to overthrow their feral/rogue governments along with the elite ruling classes which operate those governments and which have sold them out so badly, they need to somehow or other Institute a European version of what Americans call the Second Amendment and arm themselves, and they need to eliminate I-slam in Europe. There are a couple of exceptions to this horrid picture, Poland, Hungary... A map of terrorist incidents in Europe shows Poland as a dark area the same way that night satellite images show darkness over North Korea; there simply isn't any terrorism in Poland.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Mon 29 May, 2017 02:18 pm
https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18765643_10209567046313589_4773229775171668826_n.jpg?oh=f0a9e7dd65900fd51d63211a6db155ad&oe=59AFFA97
layman

Mon 29 May, 2017 02:23 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Yet, there is no investigation of them for the possibility of influence peddling

I wouldn't conclude that just yet. Not with Sessions running the DOJ and controlling the FBI.

There was, in fact, a MASSIVE FBI investigation last year, which Loretta Lynch completely shut down.
layman

Mon 29 May, 2017 02:25 pm
@gungasnake,
R. Crumb ROCKS!
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 29 May, 2017 02:25 pm
A president should think of the safety of the country he is serving *snort* more than himself for the time he serves. Everybody knew Clinton had his dick out constantly, which in our puritanical society, means he's providing would-be blackmailers with a plethora of items to stuff in a blackmail dossier.

The most feared possible blackmailer during the time I was growing up was the USSR. I was performing nuclear war drills as often as fire drills in school. China wasn't talked about that much, but probably should've been. The ME wasn't even on my radar until the hostage crisis my senior year in high school. A failure of education.

It seemed the earnest Republicans led and extended the hardline stance against "the Russians" through the 80s and 90s while the seemingly more anti-McCarthy-ite liberals poo-poo'd fearful, archaic notions of holding on to historic enemies.

So funny to see them glom on to it now, when it suits their cover-up.

Remember.

camlok

Mon 29 May, 2017 02:27 pm
@layman,
A full out admission that the USA isn't rule of law, it's a constantly shifting political battleground ruled by crazy partisan thinking.

You've certainly put yours on full parade here, layman. Others are a wee bit more circumspect.
0 Replies

camlok

Mon 29 May, 2017 02:29 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
The most feared possible blackmailer during the time I was growing up was the USSR. I was performing nuclear war drills as often as fire drills in school. China wasn't talked about that much, but probably should've been. The ME wasn't even on my radar until the hostage crisis my senior year in high school. A failure of education.

But the USA isn't all about propaganda, right, Lash?
layman

Mon 29 May, 2017 02:30 pm
@hightor,
It's at least 250 million, not 100 million, as I have previosly shown. And that's just the part they reported.

And your assumptions about investment portfolios are mistaken. Out of $28 million in reported income in 2014, only $14,000 was from "investments."

The Clinton's only buy (and then sell for a quick buck) stock when they can illegally profit from "insider trading."

I can't believe so many idiots actually wanted to see Hillary Clinton elected as President. The whole country would have been up for sale--cheap.
Lash

Mon 29 May, 2017 02:33 pm
@camlok,
All countries are, JTT.