monitoring Trump and relevant contemporary events

camlok

Mon 29 May, 2017 02:35 pm
@Lash,
All countries do not come anywhere close to the USA, Lash. That is a terribly lame argument that is seeing a lot of daylight these days as people can no longer deny the evil.

Well, others have committed war crimes too!
0 Replies

hightor

Mon 29 May, 2017 02:36 pm
@layman,
Hey, I was just answering his question as it was written.

Too bad the Republicans have underfunded the IRS for so long or it might have actually had the resources to investigate whether they actually reported all their income.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 29 May, 2017 02:46 pm
@Brandon9000,
So apparently nobody (other than you) has made the claim that the Clintons made all their money from speeches. Or perhaps you read it somewhere and didn't bother to think it through.

Quote:
Yet, there is no investigation of them for the possibility of influence peddling, whereas Trump has been investigated for the better part of a year, with no incriminating fact found, for colluding with the Russians to fix the election.
1) The State Department and Judicial Watch investigated the Clinton Foundation and found no evidence of influence peddling, only access. The reports (as in the WSJ) that "some people familiar with the matter" believed the FBI shut down investigation into the Clinton Foundation were too thinly sourced to make the claims credible. HERE
2) the Trump campaign has been under investigation since intel agencies found compelling reasons to investigate connections between the campaign and Russia. As you know, those investigations are widening given a lot of new evidence of connections. Some of these investigations concern possible collusion re the election, other targets of the investigations involve other aspects. As to what evidence has been found, much of that is not information you or I are privy to, for obvious reasons.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 29 May, 2017 02:57 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
@Brandon9000,
They had Clinton under the scope for about 6 years before Clinton gave them Monica.

I think you guys are actually skeert of them finding something incriminating.
Of course they are. But even if incontrovertible evidence is found, a lot of them will be encouraged by right wing media to consider that evidence merely another partisan attack. And they'll buy this story.

What is problematic here is that while many on the right continued to believe that Nixon was innocent and a victim of an illegitimate campaign to oust him, Republicans/conservatives were much saner and principled then than they are now. We really don't know how far the modern party will go down the hole in support of what an earlier generations of conservatives would mostly not support.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 29 May, 2017 03:01 pm
Quote:
Vox’s video about Chechen leader accused of torturing gay people is being spammed with dislikes
As of noon on Friday, the video had 8,453 likes and 4,703 dislikes. The typical ratio of likes to dislikes on a Vox video is 10:1...

Vox’s executive producer Joe Posner told me in an email explaining the timeline. Around this time, there was a spike in traffic to the video from Russia.
Nieman Lab
layman

Mon 29 May, 2017 03:04 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
]Vox’s video about Chechen leader accused of torturing gay people is being spammed with dislikes
As of noon on Friday, the video had 8,453 likes and 4,703 dislikes. The typical ratio of likes to dislikes on a Vox video is 10:1...

Vox’s executive producer Joe Posner told me in an email explaining the timeline. Around this time, there was a spike in traffic to the video from Russia.

That makes no sense. The average Russian LIKES seeing gays tortured.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 29 May, 2017 03:04 pm
Quote:
Elizabeth Spiers‏Verified account @espiers May 28
My response to a right-wing blogger who called me a kook and a loser for stating that Donald Trump is a liar / water is wet: pic.twitter.com/pAp18w2x3W

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DA7tsUVW0AAL0g5.jpg:large
blatham

Mon 29 May, 2017 03:07 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
As someone said today: since 1945, the Russians are trying to drive a wedge between (Western) Europe and the USA - now Putin succeeded via Trump.
And that is the key.
snood

Mon 29 May, 2017 03:16 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

Quote:
As someone said today: since 1945, the Russians are trying to drive a wedge between (Western) Europe and the USA - now Putin succeeded via Trump.
And that is the key.

That was David Frum.
camlok

Mon 29 May, 2017 03:20 pm
@snood,
Quote:
That was David Frum.

You forgot his pedigree, Snood. The guy who was a propagandist for the Bush war criminals.

You seem to leave a lot out. Why is that?
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 29 May, 2017 03:30 pm
@snood,
He's smarter than the average bear.
blatham

Mon 29 May, 2017 03:31 pm
Quote:
THE WORLD THAT TRUMP AND AILES BUILT
The measure of their influence lies in the distance between today’s media and politics and those of the years they were born.

Roger Ailes died recently, at the age of seventy-seven, during a week when the ground shook beneath a stumbling Donald Trump. The two men were in many things near: in age and appetites, in temper and coarseness. They were also in many things far apart: in intelligence and energy, in talent and purpose. Ailes was formidable, Trump brittle. Ailes’s decline began last summer, when he was forced out of Fox News. Trump’s fall, if he falls, is still to come. And yet at times it has seemed as if the two men were Humpty and Dumpty, tumbling off a wall that they’d built together, to divide one half of the country from the other.
NYer
0 Replies

camlok

Mon 29 May, 2017 03:35 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
He's smarter than the average bear.

So was Joseph Goebbels.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 29 May, 2017 03:43 pm
Wow. Trump goes on a foreign excursion and things go weird and then suddenly an American rebirth of Germany-hatred.
Quote:
Chuck Woolery‏Verified account
@chuckwoolery
Almost without exception, all political ideology of the Left originated in Germany. Progressivism Political correctness Marxism. You name it

This. Is. Not. Normal.
camlok

Mon 29 May, 2017 03:46 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
This. Is. Not. Normal.

This. Is. US history. Redux.

Quite normal.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 29 May, 2017 04:19 pm
@blatham,
Yeah. And he goes there.
Quote:
Chuck Woolery‏Verified account
@chuckwoolery
Believe it or not. Karl Marx and Vladimir Lenin were both Jewish. I was shocked to find, most of the original Soviet Communists were Jewish
snood

Mon 29 May, 2017 04:23 pm
@blatham,
Is this the schmaltzy game-show host Chuck Woolery? If so, it wouldn't be surprising to me that he's a rightwingnut.
McGentrix

Mon 29 May, 2017 04:34 pm
@blatham,
That's cute. A former Kushner employee spreading lies.

Frankly, I'm surprised. Can you imagine that though? I liberal mouth that used to work Kushner now telling lies about her boss, his father-in-law and "A friend of his"?!

Shocking.
0 Replies

blatham

Mon 29 May, 2017 04:55 pm
@snood,
That's the guy.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Mon 29 May, 2017 05:03 pm
http://yournewswire.com/declassified-documents-obama-ordered-cia-to-train-isis/