I just looked up Laurie Berkner Laughing
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 01:36 am
Hey! Check out this old a$s thread.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 08:26 am
Good grief! It's been over 4 1/2 years. I went through the first 14 pages, and realized how much has ensued since A2K began. Some of the old names, who are no longer with us, brought back fond memories.

For those who care, (and even those who don't) I just learned something fascinating. I changed my avatar to the current one somewhere between Nov 1, 2002, and Nov. 4, 2002. That was also when I began writing in green!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 08:37 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Good grief! It's been over 4 1/2 years. I went through the first 14 pages, and realized how much has ensued since A2K began. Some of the old names, who are no longer with us, brought back fond memories.

For those who care, (and even those who don't) I just learned something fascinating. I changed my avatar to the current one somewhere between Nov 1, 2002, and Nov. 4, 2002. That was also when I began writing in green!
Seems to me that's about the same time you started dying your hair blue.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 08:46 am
This thread has historical value. It chronicles the early migration of ABuzzers to A2K. It is a story as compelling as the migration of Mormons to Utah! Smile
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 09:22 am
Does that make Craven John Smith?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 02:05 pm
A cyber space John Smith?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 02:30 pm
wandeljw wrote:
This thread has historical value. It chronicles the early migration of ABuzzers to A2K. It is a story as compelling as the migration of Mormons to Utah! Smile

What has real historical value is first of all, the start of the original Abuzz and then the events of 9/11/01 as recorded by Abuzz members in NYCity and Boston, on Abuzz. :wink:
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 07:50 pm
I was one of the migrants from ABUZZ to A2K. What I've noticed most clearly over the years is the success with which A2K's staff and members have inhibited takeover by trolls.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 08:18 pm
Even in the final ruins, it was difficult to let go of Abuzz. My friend, himself, is buried there. I became fast friends with people who mostly came over here. But, we lost some, who felt they could not fit in here. I think of Corrie, for instance. Hmm, I don't know if that's her Abuzz name. There are others I won't mention. I did some posts on Abuzz I am not proud of, by reacting in kind to the madness and vitriol of some and becoming as childish as they. But, I am also proud of a great deal of it. I would still be visiting that site if they brought back a reasonable facsimile.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 08:24 pm
Of course. It had its greatness--before the fall.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 09:20 pm
Just like Rome, heh?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 10:15 pm
Corrie's Abuzz name was Temper. I'm still in sporadic email contact with her. Sounds like you are too, edgar. If not, since Abuzz she has made at least one trip to Vienna, and gets around much better than when on Abuzz.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 10:47 pm
Wow, has it been that long? Where does the time go? I still miss abuzz the way it was before the mods were cut out and I'm thankful for abuzz for allowing me to get to know and love so many of you who are still here for the long haul.
All you guys that I've known since abuzz have become family to me and without abuzz I wouldn't have the pleasure today to continue to share my life with such an awesome bunch of people.
I'll always hold abuzz close to my heart for giving me the gift of you all :-D
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2007 11:36 pm
Montana, Amen to that! I've been fortunate to have met many Abuzzards and A2kers, and look forward to meeting many more - even those I've had disagreements with. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 07:56 am
Miller wrote:
wandeljw wrote:

What has real historical value is first of all, the start of the original Abuzz and then the events of 9/11/01 as recorded by Abuzz members in NYCity and Boston, on Abuzz. :wink:

Aye, Abuzz was an amazing tool during that period!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 08:01 am
I cut my internet "teeth" on Abuzz. I think that I had just gotten dial-up for about a week on my first computer, when I read an ad in the New York Times online about Abuzz.The rest is history....................................sigh!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 08:13 am
Wow, I've just been through all 58 pages and my first posts are on this last page.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2007 09:18 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Montana, Amen to that! I've been fortunate to have met many Abuzzards and A2kers, and look forward to meeting many more - even those I've had disagreements with. Rolling Eyes

And people like myself who don't get much of a chance to travel and meet people, get to meet everyone through your adventures/pictures, which is very very cool :-D
0 Replies