Does anyone remember Thedivaden/Eurodiva?

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 06:58 pm
Does anyone remember Thedivaden/Eurodiva?

I know that this forum was an enclave of former Abuzz.com refugees. Many I have remembered quite fondly. I would like to have some kind of reunion in this thread. Those members who personally knew Marietta, please email me ASAP.

Thank you.

wandeljw

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 07:08 pm
@tsarstepan,
Many people here remember her. Thomas started a thread on her also and mentioned you. I have referred others to your thread here.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 07:17 pm
@tsarstepan,
Hello, tsarstepan --

There are plenty of people here who still remember Marietta. You may want to pay a visit to the thread I started after her passing.

http://able2know.org/topic/132288-2

It's good to see you online again -- even though the circumstances suck.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 07:19 pm
@tsarstepan,
My Diva connection ...

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/020304/171046__eloise_l.jpg

we were both enormous Eloise fans. We finally determined that she'd be EloiseSouth while I'd be EloiseNorth.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0tA5dmNlUGY/SOmM4JSi1JI/AAAAAAAAB6U/GY7HnqxqEiI/s400/eloise.jpg

Thomas

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 07:27 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth -- am I imagining things, or did the two of you have Abuzz user accounts to go with those names? I think I remember posts by an "Eloise North" -- not sure about "Eloise South".
Thomas

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 07:29 pm
@tsarstepan,
TsarStepan -- your e-mail is not visible to A2K users. If you want members to e-mail you, you may want to post it here, or on your profile, or maybe both places. (I don't know if I have your current e-mail address myself.)
ehBeth

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 07:36 pm
@Thomas,
We did use those names at some point. It was after the everybody's Aiden period. I can't recall if there were actual accounts in those names, or if it was during one of those episodes where some people switched up their names.

We talked about it in the MSN (?) group. Somewhere around the time she posted the pix when she doubled for Valerie Bertinelli.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 08:12 pm
@tsarstepan,
TsarStepan --

Maybe you can use an update on the whereabouts of Diva's real-life acquaintances. Jef2K and kissthecook never made it here. Irishblues from Boston did post for a few years under a new moniker, "Count Zero". I wrote him a private message about Diva's passing, but he hasn't been posting here in 5 years, so I have no idea if this e-mail address is still life. Perhaps Diva still had him on speed-dial on her phone? The two used to be pretty close on the phone for quite some time, so he may appreciate the update.

There used to be another Abuzz member from Boston that she'd met in New York, but I don't remember right now what his user name was, and don't think he's one of the active members here.

Finally, I wanted to tell you how incredibly I respect you for making that fateful call to just about everyone in Diva's phone book. I know how hard it is to get the call. But making it, and answering the same incredulous questions, again and again and again -- that's something else. Thank you for being such an exemplary friend to her!
the prince

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 12:56 am
@Thomas,
I really dont know what to say.....
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 04:05 am
Thank you for coming -- we're so very, very sorry to learn of her passing. I remember her NYC post-9/11 topic quite well.
farmerman

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 04:30 am
@jespah,
Is it possible to extract that post from the dusty archives and repost it here?
Setanta

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 04:42 am
Thomas has a thread on the Diva, and Soz has posted a link to the text of the Diva's September 11th thread.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 04:44 am
@farmerman,
soz posted a link on Thomas's thread
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 05:22 am
@tsarstepan,
Hello!

I'm happy to see you here -- I've worried a lot about Thomas, but then you're the next person I think of. I have to agree with Thomas that just making all those calls is impressive.
Thomas

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 05:44 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:
There used to be another Abuzz member from Boston that she'd met in New York, but I don't remember right now what his user name was, and don't think he's one of the active members here.

Count Fathom. Does anyone here know of his whereabouts?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 12:01 pm
@Thomas,
Quote:
TsarStepan -- your e-mail is not visible to A2K users. If you want members to e-mail you, you may want to post it here, or on your profile, or maybe both places. (I don't know if I have your current e-mail address myself.)

I just spoke to the Tsar on the phone. He agreed to let me post his e-mail for him. Here it is:

[email protected]

Best,

Thomas
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 03:05 pm
@Thomas,
Thank you Thomas for fixing my oversight.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 03:11 pm
@Thomas,
If I only knew. I thought I found IrishBlues but I found a red herring on that trail. As for Mike and Jeff. They fell off their respective radars. Jeff was out of the picture before I moved to New York and Mike just stopped answering M.'s phone calls a year or two ago for whatever reason.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 03:13 pm
@sozobe,
Thank you Soz. It's been awhile since I saw these Abuzz refugee names here at able2know. I wish we could have reunited under better circumstances. I guess I'll frequent this new haunt when things get settled.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 03:36 pm
@tsarstepan,
IrishBlues responded to the PM I sent him, so he's in the loop now. Sozobe gave me an e-mail address for kissthecook, but he hasn't responded to me yet.

TsarStepan wrote:
I guess I'll frequent this new haunt when things get settled.

By all means, please do!
0 Replies