My husband has a female friend that may be cooler than me.

utini

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 10:06 am

I love my husband very much, been together for 5 years now and he is my best friend. I like to think that I trust him, I thought I did but he told me something today that made my stomach sink a bit. Really feel like I am overreacting here but I can't drop this feeling.

My husband has been playing dungeons and dragons and I don't really have any interest in it. I am a gamer myself but I would rather play on PC or console. He told me recently how there is a new girl in the group and she likes to draw zombies and what not. My husband plays games with this group every friday. The thing is, how wrong is it for me to worry that this girl may be cooler than me? Worrying that maybe he will end up spending more time with her because they have more interests.

I already felt a push in the beginning of the relationship that he would like me to get in to board games more. Should I join the dungeons and dragons group too? I am very shy and I don't see the fun in playing a game that involves that much live interaction and thinking. The group he plays with consists mostly of single men with borderline Aspergers. Hate to sit at home every friday night thinking about how awesome she probably is.

What should I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,411 • Replies: 9
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by utini
TomTomBinks
  Selected Answer

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 10:13 am
@utini,
If you join the group you may find yourself in an unhealthy competition with this girl. Not good for either you or your relationship. If you don't, you'll always be wondering what they're talking and joking about and how well they're getting along. A dilemma. I don't think you should join the group, to do so would be "checking up" on your husband and that shows a lack of trust. Good luck.
utini

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 10:18 am
@TomTomBinks,
Very good point and I'm glad that you said this. I was pretty close to asking him about joining. I don't want to be my husband's babysitter.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 10:48 am
@utini,
Where do they play?

Have you ever played D&D? do you ever observe?
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 02:02 pm
@utini,
Hold on a second. We dont know anything about this girl. If shes married or would even have any interest in your husband. Your husband is obviously with you for a reason other than your lack of ability to draw zombies.

My advice just do what you do best for him. Dont worry about zombie girl. Her only talent might be drawing zombies.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 02:14 pm
Geez.
Did he marry you because you were cool, or because he loves you?

TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 06:06 pm
@chai2,
Hi Chai,
They sound young. What if he DID marry her because she was cool? Sounds like a potential tragedy.
chai2

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 06:08 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Totally dude.
Krumple

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 06:09 pm
@chai2,
Well this girl has talent to draw zombies, if thats not marriage material than nothing is.
chai2

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2016 06:58 pm
@Krumple,
My husband married me because I impressed his dairy farmer friend by knowing milk is measured in pounds.

I was the coolest chick in the room at that moment.

Damn! Marry that woman before someone else snags her!

0 Replies