HOW MANY TIMES WILL EDWARDS SAY "HALLIBURTON" TONIGHT?

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 03:10 pm
As many times as Cheney will say, "no experience."
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 03:55 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
As many times as Cheney will say, "no experience."

More than once I would guess, because that is an Edwards vulnerability.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:04 pm
Quote:

As it was regarding Bush's first run. But Edwards is still gonna wipe the floor with Cheney. I can't wait for Cheney to get angry, tell Kerry to f*ck off, and then pass out. Although Cheney will already be sitting down, as he cannot physically stand for the full 90 minutes.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:12 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Quote:

As it was regarding Bush's first run. But Edwards is still gonna wipe the floor with Cheney. I can't wait for Cheney to get angry, tell Kerry to f*ck off, and then pass out. Although Cheney will already be sitting down, as he cannot physically stand for the full 90 minutes.

One major difference. Bush had government executive office experience as governor. Edwards has none.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:44 pm
Yeah, let's talk about Bush's patronage when he was gov of Texas. http://www.tpj.org/reports/appointments/boards.html
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 04:46 pm
He not only mislead Texas into the hell-hole with patronage instead of the best people, he's now doing that at the national level. And the repubs wants more of the same. Yeah, makes a whole lot of sense.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:07 pm
Quote:
One major difference. Bush had government executive office experience as governor. Edwards has none.

And that's what matters most, right, Larry434?

Bush's record before selected by the USSC for pResident:

Ran for congress and lost.

Produced a Hollywood slasher B movie.

Bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas, company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.

Bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using tax-payer money. Biggest move: Traded Sammy Sosa to the Chicago Cubs.

With fathers help (and his name) was elected Governor of Texas.
Accomplishments- Changed pollution laws for power and oil companies and made Texas the most polluted state in the Union. Replaced Los Angeles with Houston as the most smog ridden city in America. Cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas government to the tune of billions in borrowed money. Set record for most executions by any Governor in American history.

Became president after losing the popular vote by over 500,000 votes, with the help of my fathers appointments to the Supreme Court.

Helluva record.

Meanwhile, John Edwards actually did something to help the little man:

Quote:
Before his election, Edwards was a successful trial attorney who represented families and children that had been wrongly injured by negligent corporate manufacturers, and municipal entities.

Then there's Cheney record (and what a record):

http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.phtml?title=Dick_Cheney

It's gonna be interesting.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:23 pm
I said he government executive office experience, guys.

That you characterize his experience as a negative is not surprising in the least.

As for Edwards helping the little man, dookie, he also helped himself to about $70M in the process. :wink:
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:24 pm
Larry434 wrote:
I said he government executive office experience, guys.

That you characterize his experience as a negative is not surprising in the least.

As for Edwards helping the little man, dookie, he also helped himself to about $70M in the process. :wink:

small potatoes compared to what bushinc and their buddies have helped themselves to while "helping" Iraq.....
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:30 pm
Larry434:

Is he not supposed to make money off those bastard greedy corporations screwing the little guy? At least he got paid for standing up for these people. I don' t see Bush and Cheney doing that AT ALL in this, how you call it, "great republic."

If you're good, you should get paid what you're worth; and my guess is Edwards is very good.

We shall see tonight.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:32 pm
If I needed a lawyer, I'd pick Edwards over Cheney any day of the week - and then some.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:35 pm
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:36 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
If I needed a lawyer, I'd pick Edwards over Cheney any day of the week - and then some.

I would not pick Cheney as my lawyer either, since his degrees are in Political Science, not law. :wink:
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:37 pm
Dook, Excellent!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 05:55 pm
some things that Cheney will not bring up:

I have the cardiovascular system of Mr burns

We will choose 2 Hun-like supreme court justices so we can dismantle all the progress made since roosevelt.

i never had anything to do with awarding no-bid contracts to Halliburton and Kellog, Brown n Root. However i approve all the reviews of those who did

Aluminum tubes? I dont know nothing about no steenkeng aluminum tubes

Rumsfeld and Powell are 2 flaming assholes who have problems with a little lying.

Ive been part of the problem since the Ford administration.

Now, if Edwards can just get some smack-ass on these few points, ill be a happy little farmer
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:23 pm
Edwards won't dare mention "Oil for Food".

Would blow a hole a mile wide through Kerry's mantra of "consulting with our allies."
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:27 pm
JustWonders wrote:
Edwards won't dare mention "Oil for Food".

Would blow a hole a mile wide through Kerry's mantra of "consulting with our allies."

watching with your daddy tonight JW?
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:35 pm
Most liberals won't know about this since the NYTimes (if they report on it at all) only reports in the back pages of their "newspaper". But here's what the Washington Times had to say on March 12:

Quote:
Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry complains that President Bush pursued a unilateralist foreign policy that gave short shrift to the concerns of the United Nations and our allies when it came to taking military action against Saddam Hussein. But the mounting evidence of scandal that has been uncovered in the U.N. Oil For Food program suggests that there was never a serious possibility of getting Security Council support for military action because influential people in Russia and France were getting paid off by Saddam. After the fall of Baghdad last spring, France and Russia tried to delay the lifting of sanctions against Iraq and continue the Oil for Food program. That's because France and Russia profited from it: The Times of London calculated that French and Russian companies received $11 billion worth of business from Oil for Food between 1996 and 2003.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 06:51 pm
JW, Your post info sounds vaguely familiar. Sounds about right to me!
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 08:51 pm
All in all I thought the debate was boring except for when Cheney got a little uncomfortable having his daughter mentioned and Edwards tried to liven up the evening with a few kind of lame jokes saying kerry's name when he wasn't suppossed to.

But I did think Edwards did a good job on his closing. I wish though that the democrats would just say that gays should be allowed to marry and I wish they would quit being so pro Israel. Edwards mentioned Israeli children getting killed but no mention of the Palestinians.
0 Replies