HOW MANY TIMES WILL EDWARDS SAY "HALLIBURTON" TONIGHT?

Larry434

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 09:17 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Larry434 wrote:
bellavu wrote:
So you think this is how a presidents campaign should run ? On the peoples fear? We have been suppressed by fear for long enough don't you think.
This is how the gov't controls it's people with fear.

Isn't that what Kerry is running on...instilling fear in the voters of another 4 years of Bush?

No, we were already afraid of another 4 years of Bush. He's giving us hope that maybe we don't have to be afraid.

You are speaking for yourself of course? Others do not believe that for a moment.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 09:18 am
Southern accent hell. The president has the accent of illiteracy Embarrassed
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 09:22 am
bellavu wrote:
I don't want more of the same!!! I want better!!
The only people with a "probability of lower taxes " is those making major moola, and what the hell do they need it for?

]

WRONG AGAIN! Why should I be taxed at 50% combined no matter how mmuch I earn? So Kerry can give more of my money to the UNWILLING?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 09:23 am
au1929 wrote:
Southern accent hell. The president has the accent of illiteracy Embarrassed

I think not, I am almost positive that his parents were married at the time he was conceived.
0 Replies

bellavu

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 09:28 am
Unwilling? who?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 09:33 am
Larry434 wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
Larry434 wrote:
bellavu wrote:
So you think this is how a presidents campaign should run ? On the peoples fear? We have been suppressed by fear for long enough don't you think.
This is how the gov't controls it's people with fear.

Isn't that what Kerry is running on...instilling fear in the voters of another 4 years of Bush?

No, we were already afraid of another 4 years of Bush. He's giving us hope that maybe we don't have to be afraid.

You are speaking for yourself of course? Others do not believe that for a moment.

You've made my point, which is that the only people who are 'afraid' of another 4 years of Bush are those who were already going to vote against Bush. The group of voters who would be afraid of a terrorist attack, however, is a little bit larger.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 09:37 am
dyslexia
Illiteracy not illegitimacy, but I am sure you knew that. Although I am not too sure he is not a living abortion.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 09:42 am
Oh, well sometimes I gets confused by the big words.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 10:07 am
Quote:
Quote:

au1929 wrote:
How many times will Cheney employ the fear factor. "A vote for Kerry will result in terrorist acts across America." However, with Bush at the helm we will be a safe as a baby in the crib. Those who believe that propaganda have about as much understanding as a baby in the crib.

My bet is that enough believe it to reject the unknowns of a Kerry presidency for the knowns of a continued Bush presidency.
[/b]

Hmmm... Looks like the baby is crying and will soon be in need of comfort.
0 Replies

PKB

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 10:08 am
woiyo wrote:
Not sure if Edwards has the experience to stand next to a seasoned pro like Cheney.

Standing!!!! I thought they were sitting because Cheney couldn't feasibly stand for 90 minutes straight. Bad ticker and all.

Don't worry Edwards will fare very well against Cheney.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 10:10 am
Dookiestix wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

au1929 wrote:
How many times will Cheney employ the fear factor. "A vote for Kerry will result in terrorist acts across America." However, with Bush at the helm we will be a safe as a baby in the crib. Those who believe that propaganda have about as much understanding as a baby in the crib.

My bet is that enough believe it to reject the unknowns of a Kerry presidency for the knowns of a continued Bush presidency.
[/b]

Hmmm... Looks like the baby is crying and will soon be in need of comfort.

Huh?
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 10:12 am
Isn't it interesting that first Republicans play DOWN the Bush debate, and WHOOPS!! Didn't work.

Now they're playing UP Cheney's debating skills and seasoned rhetoric, vs. Edwards "pretty boy" charm and "unseasoned" experience.

My guess is that won't work either. If Edwards can stay on point, show his knowledge in the subjects presented to both him and Cheney, and utilize his trial lawyer skills in calling Cheney on the enormous amounts of bullsh*t over the years, he'll do very well. Americans will finally see a viable alternative to, as Theresa Heinz Kerry called it, "four more years of hell."
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 01:43 pm
Larry434 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
just for starters bush owes the entire success, if you want to call it that, of his presidency on 9/11.

If not for Iraq, which his team successfully connected to 9/11, most people wouldn't trust him to be dogcatcher.

Much of Bush's success as President can be attributed to his administrations response[/I] to 911. On that I agree.

yes indeed I agree to that....they moved immediately, effectively and without cease to scare the **** out of the american public as they continue to do on a daily basis and will pound home tonight in cleveland as well.

Without these fear tactics and lucky war....(remember "I hit the trifecta"?
bush and his posse would be seen for the opportunistic money hungry pieces of **** that they are.......IMO
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 01:48 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Larry434 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
just for starters bush owes the entire success, if you want to call it that, of his presidency on 9/11.

If not for Iraq, which his team successfully connected to 9/11, most people wouldn't trust him to be dogcatcher.

Much of Bush's success as President can be attributed to his administrations response[/I] to 911. On that I agree.

yes indeed I agree to that....they moved immediately, effectively and without cease to scare the **** out of the american public as they continue to do on a daily basis and will pound home tonight in cleveland as well.

Without these fear tactics and lucky war....(remember "I hit the trifecta"?
bush and his posse would be seen for the opportunistic money hungry pieces of **** that they are.......IMO

Naw, 911 scared the **** out of the American people...or should have. The Bush administrations actions, and success in preventing another such attack, have calmed our fears. Now, Kerry scares the **** out of about half of us.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 01:51 pm
there's pleanty of **** to go around, I don't see any need to be concerned about scarcity.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 02:19 pm
Larry:
Quote:
Naw, 911 scared the **** out of the American people...or should have. The Bush administrations actions, and success in preventing another such attack, have calmed our fears. Now, Kerry scares the **** out of about half of us.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6173358/

Debating President Bush last week provided a boost for Sen. John Kerry, who told supporters in Tipton, Iowa, on Tuesday that he agreed with former Iraq administrator L. Paul Bremer's remark that the United States "paid a big price" for not placing enough troops in Iraq after overthrowing Saddam Hussein.

"I hope tonight Cheney acknowledges the mistakes," Kerry said. "The truth is that George Bush has made some enormous errors of judgment in going into Iraq, how he went into Iraq, what he decided to do with respect to Iraq."
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 02:22 pm
Quote:

Or should have. I believe that's what Bush has been counting on during his first tenure as pResident.

But then again, how can the Republicans run an entire convention on a record of failure?

Easy. You scare the **** out of them.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 02:23 pm
Revel - Interesting how Larry can speak for himself, offer opinions by himself, yet you need to quote somebody else to make a point that the majority of Americans disagree with.

When Kerry said on the Floor of the Senate that Saddam had WMD and needed to be "outed", has Kerry acknowledged HIS mistake?
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 02:27 pm
Everybody quotes somebody, woiyo, including Larry434. Why make an issue out of this?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2004 02:50 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Everybody quotes somebody, woiyo, including Larry434. Why make an issue out of this?

agreed, and you woiyo, should probably not try clouding the issue by making a mountain out of a molehill, which btw, someone said before I did.

No fault to anyone including Larry for quoting others to make their point.
0 Replies