Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 06:26 am
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 07:57 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Mr. Reagan was an actor.

Full stop.

Looking at his resume, it says President of the United States of America. I do believe that would be his title.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 08:50 am
@ehBeth,
Mr. Obama was a Community Organizer

Mr. Carter was a Peanut Farmer

Mr. Truman was a Haberdasher

Mr. Kennedy was a Playboy

Full stop.
Lash

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 09:10 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Mr. Obama was a Community Organizer

Mr. Carter was a Peanut Farmer

Mr. Truman was a Haberdasher

Mr. Kennedy was a Playboy

Full stop.

Absolutely.

I'm so sick of that full stop ****. Elitist know it all-ism.

Of course, you are completely correct here.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 09:57 am
@McGentrix,
Towards the end he didn't know who or what the **** he was.

Lash

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 10:01 am
@izzythepush,
It could happen to you, too.

JFK's brain wasn't of much use to him either at the end of his life, but making light of either man's death shows low character.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 10:11 am
@Lash,
He was like that throughout his bloody presidency. Don't you remember the "we've bombed Russia" gaffe?

Btw, I, and many others, took the piss out of him long before we knew about his senility. he was a bloody disaster.

https://imageobjecttext.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/gone-with-the-wind.jpg

No history of senility in my family either both sets of grandparents lived long lives and were sharp as nails throughout.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 10:13 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Trump's an actor by all the lies he tells.

He's not a very good one. Have you seen that bit of film with him and Rudolph Giuliani in drag? Giuliani is more convincing as a woman than Donald Trump is as Donald Trump.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 10:46 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
I'm still trying to figure out how that crook tRump fooled so many voters. I guess we need to check on the educational system

You do realize our education system has been run by the left wing teachers unions for decades now. What you are seeing if anything, is the lefts education accomplishments coming home to roost.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 10:51 am
@izzythepush,
You just said a whole lot of nothing, par for the course.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 10:53 am
@Baldimo,
More fantasy, your education system is the result of poor funding.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 10:54 am
@Baldimo,
Sez you, the person who voted for the guy who doesn't know what a leppo is.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 11:03 am
Now he actually is President Trump

Buckle in, it's going to be a great but wild ride.
Lash

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 11:24 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Jesus H Christ
Baldimo

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 11:30 am
@izzythepush,
Poor funding? Who are you kidding Izzy. We spend more per student then most other countries. Here in the US, the average per student is $15k, when you break it down by school district it will vary depending on where those schools are.
http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2015/apr/21/jeb-bush/does-united-states-spend-more-student-most-countri/

http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/020915/what-country-spends-most-education.asp

Our poor education system is the result of how we spend that money. How much of each actual dollar goes towards "educating the student" vs being spent on "administration costs"?

How about like the ACA did to insurance companies, we pass a law that says 80% of all money collected for schools actually gets spent on the student, the other 20% covers operating costs, to include salaries, employee benefits, retirement and administration costs. Sound like a good plan?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 11:58 am
@Lash,
Wait and see.

Unless you want a regal figurehead rather than a leader, I think at the end of his first term you will feel differently. I certainly don't expect you to become a Trump cheerleader, but you're not going to believe we are being led by a vile lunatic.

No matter what he does, there will, of course, be people who will despise him. It's our inherent tribalism and it runs hotter in some than others, but I do believe that there are plenty of people who now fear and/or loathe him who can change their minds and will if he delivers on many of his promises.

There will be, I'm sure, policies he will promote which people will hope he fails with. I'm OK with that, it's the way I felt about Obama, but I never even approached hoping that he would crash our economy, or throw away our security so that he might be defeated on Election Day or tarnish his "legacy." That would be crazy and most people in this country are sane.

Given that he didn't win in a landslide, if at the end of four years, his popularity is high it will be because he accomplished things that the majority of Americans appreciate. I think we should all hope for that.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 12:01 pm
@izzythepush,
You're not too well informed. The best colleges in the world are in the US.
US News Global University Rankings for 2016 (Page 1/5)
Rank
School
Country
Global Score
Harvard University (Cambridge, MA)
United States
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Cambridge, MA)
United States
University of California--Berkeley (Berkeley, CA)
United States
Stanford University (Stanford, CA)
United States

96 more rows
Rankings of Top Universities in the World for 2016, Best Global Universitie…
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 12:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
He's well informed about a lot of things.

He's also anti-American.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 01:01 pm
@Baldimo,
You had years of decline under Bush, you're playing catch up.

We had American exchange students when I was at college, they were in their third year but they were put in with the freshers, and even then they had trouble keeping up.

izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2017 01:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Better informed than you, your source is out of date, current rankings have Oxford at the top.

I'm not saying elite education isn't well funded and world class, it's the rest that's not so good.
0 Replies