cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 04:25 pm
Quote:
“The sad part about it is, it didn’t in the slightest bit jar or surprise me that Donald Trump would do something this low-rent,” Kovaleski told The Washington Post in a statement. “Given his track record.” 
The New York Times is also sure of Trump’s intentions, telling NBC News in a statement: ”We think it’s outrageous that he would ridicule the appearance of one of our reporters.” 
It’s not the first time that Trump has been accused of mocking someone’s physical disability. Back in July, in an interview with NBC New reporter Katy Tur, Trump teased a wheelchair-bound opinion writer who had called the candidate “a rodeo clown.” 

I'm not sure why people are trying to defend Trump, a textbook racial bigot who has a history of bigotry. Trump is also a known liar - a pathological liar. Just type "trump lies" in any search engine to prove the point.
Krumple

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 08:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Quote:
“The sad part about it is, it didn’t in the slightest bit jar or surprise me that Donald Trump would do something this low-rent,” Kovaleski told The Washington Post in a statement. “Given his track record.” 
The New York Times is also sure of Trump’s intentions, telling NBC News in a statement: ”We think it’s outrageous that he would ridicule the appearance of one of our reporters.” 
It’s not the first time that Trump has been accused of mocking someone’s physical disability. Back in July, in an interview with NBC New reporter Katy Tur, Trump teased a wheelchair-bound opinion writer who had called the candidate “a rodeo clown.” 

I'm not sure why people are trying to defend Trump, a textbook racial bigot who has a history of bigotry. Trump is also a known liar - a pathological liar. Just type "trump lies" in any search engine to prove the point.

Most of the claims that he is a bigot are overly exaggerated or mistaken. Like the story about Trump mocking the handicapped reporter? Its a completely mistaken story. It has been debunked. Trump uses that hand waving thing a lot.

Here is the thing it has come down to. People constantly repeat, that he is a racist, bigot etc and they just blindly accept it as fact when most of these claims have been debunked.

So tell me in your own words where Trump is a bigot. I hate this because I don't like Trump but you guys keep forcing me to point out the nonsense of this constant rhetoric.

The only thing I see is that Trump lacks the tact of how to say things. People are so easily hurt over miscommunication. Or they overly exaggerated what something he said means. Its silly.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 09:32 pm
@Krumple,
I'm not talking about Trump's reaction to that reporter. It's about his history of racial bigotry; not renting to blacks, paying for a full page ad in the NYT to execute five innocent black kids, and his habitual lies.

Many people like you defend and support Trump. That's your right, but there are many who see him for who he is.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-wallis/trumps-brand-of-bigotry-isnt_b_9957102.html

You wouldn't understand why the KKK and white supremacists love him.
Krumple

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 09:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I'm not talking about Trump's reaction to that reporter. It's about his history of racial bigotry; not renting to blacks, paying for a full page ad in the NYT to execute five innocent black kids, and his habitual lies.

Many people like you defend and support Trump. That's your right, but there are many who see him for who he is.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-wallis/trumps-brand-of-bigotry-isnt_b_9957102.html

You wouldn't understand why the KKK and white supremacists love him.

What about the white house chef who came out about Hillary repeatedly making racial slurs during the 90s while he was employed?

Not renting to blacks is discriminatory but why should you HAVE to conduct business with a person? I know not all blacks should be lumped into the same generalization but it's no different than a building who says if you don't have ten thousand dollars in a bank account you can't live here. Because those do exist. Instead of racial discrimination its financial.

People seem fine with financial discrimination but holy hell if they say something racial! Linch the racist!!!
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 09:41 pm
@Krumple,
If you want to talk about Hillary, go ahead. I thought this forum was about Trump.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 09:54 pm
https://qz.com/886652/the-fbis-rigorous-ethics-bar-it-from-commenting-on-investigations-into-anyone-not-named-hillary-clinton/
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 09:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

If you want to talk about Hillary, go ahead. I thought this forum was about Trump.

I was going to make point about their age. It seems (generally speaking) that we as a society get less racial over time. But this doesnt mean there aren't young generations of racists, there are but on a whole its less.

Here is a scenario. What if Trump use to rent to blacks but noticed on the average they were difficult tenants? Is this racist to consider? We're they more likely to cause damages, late on rent, caused problems for other tennant's more?

My point is did he develop this discrimination by previously dealing with them? Or has he always refused to deal with blacks? You can claim it's wrong period, but from a business perspective if they are more problematic I can see why he would say he doesn't rent to blacks.

Does that justify his discrimination? No but I can understand it. I'd it nice to point out? No, because it's not true for all blacks.

I've even seen other blacks say discriminatory things about other blacks. Is that racism too?

I think Trump is in that generation where it was more acceptable to discriminate generally. Now we think it's wrong and want to punish the old dog for not learning the new trick.

But like I said, Trump says what he thinks while most racist people say it behind closed doors or off camera like Hillary.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2017 10:39 pm
@Krumple,
"If they were difficult tenants?" I owned rental property, and it wasn't the minorities that destroyed my property. One white family with two kids broke the closet doors, and reversed them to hide the damage when they moved out.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2017 10:48 am
@cicerone imposter,
Fair enough in your particular experience, and yet you are unwilling to acknowledge that the Trump experience may have been otherwise.

Whites are not inherently superior to blacks. That belief is racist.

White tenants can be as "difficult" as any black, brown, yellow or red tenant.

The problem is one of class not race.

For many, many reasons, blacks have been mired in the Lower Class.

Chances are your "difficult" tenant was a member of that same class.

No landlord wants to rent to someone who has grown up with no regard for the personal property of others.

It is wrong to operate a business on the assumption that all blacks feel this way, but it is not necessarily illogical.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2017 10:57 am
@cicerone imposter,
My ex-in-laws once rented their house out to a group/company who provided care for people who couldn't do it themselves, we are talking about handicap adults. They pissed everywhere in the house and the caregivers didn't stop them or care enough to stop them. When they took back possession of the house, they ended up having to cut off 2 feet of drywall around the bottom of every room and dry out the framing because the piss had soaked all the way through to the studs and the house smelled like piss. Does this reflect on all people who care for the handicapped? No, but you can bet they never rented that house out again to a care group.

I wouldn't fault you for not wanting to rent to white people, they can indeed be careless assholes. Some of the houses and apartments I have been into while installing cable in a past job was enough to convince me that it is a bad idea.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2017 11:02 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Good. I agree. When it's suggested that minorities are worse tenants than others, I had to speak up.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2017 02:23 pm
@Krumple,
In my opinion, Trump may change what is needed to be President. Meaning rather than being a patrician, Washington insider, he might make it obvious for future Presidents that being able to "make a deal" is the way to get things done. Again in my opinion, all Washington career politicians might not be familiar with that style of being an executive?

These are certainly interesting times.
Foofie

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2017 02:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

"If they were difficult tenants?" I owned rental property, and it wasn't the minorities that destroyed my property. One white family with two kids broke the closet doors, and reversed them to hide the damage when they moved out.

I think in statistical analysis that is called a "small sample size."
Foofie

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2017 02:45 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

White tenants can be as "difficult" as any black, brown, yellow or red tenant.

The problem is one of class not race.

For many, many reasons, blacks have been mired in the Lower Class.

Chances are your "difficult" tenant was a member of that same class.

Actually, it was once a reflection of "class"; however, today it is not necessarily "class" that reflects certain behaviors, but lack of "character," that might on first appearance appear as though it correlates to class. Many upper-class folks do not subscribe to character, in my opinion. "Character" was a trait that existed until the 20th century (e.g., one's handshake was as good as one's signature), but then replaced by a "culture of personality." (That some believe was ushered in by the industrial revolution and reflected the need for fast talking salesmen to sell all the widgets that came off of the assembly line.)

The reason that many blame "class," I believe is that once we realized that race is a non-sequitor to one's behavior, it had to be replaced by a rationale that could be promulgated, and would ring true. If we focussed on "character" we'd be admitting that society might have devolved after the industrial revolution. That's a no-no! (Never air dirty linen, so to speak.)

How many people of character do we know today?

Religious folks often still value character. And, religious folks are part of all classes.

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2017 02:51 pm
@Foofie,
It doesn't matter. If you're in an accident, you're a statistic. All the accidents combined is also a statistic.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2017 03:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
But those statictic's are based on verifable facts. Polling for opinion on subjects isn't as cut and dry.

As Mark Twain said ""Lies, damned lies, and statistics"
Foofie

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2017 03:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

It doesn't matter. If you're in an accident, you're a statistic. All the accidents combined is also a statistic.

Oh a "rhetorician."

But to prove a point, ONE data sample is a small sample size that proves nada hombre.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2017 03:06 pm
@Foofie,
I agree with you.

I didn't mean to suggest that all members of the "lower class" have flawed characters.

The case in point was about renters. If you live your life in abodes owned by someone else, you tend not to respect the property as highly as the party who owns it.
Foofie

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2017 03:12 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

... If you live your life in abodes owned by someone else, you tend not to respect the property as highly as the party who owns it.

Hey. Your point is a word jumble, since it also applies to "adobes."
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2017 03:16 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

...I didn't mean to suggest that all members of the "lower class" have flawed characters...

I didn't mean to suggest that it is a "flawed character" that causes bad behavior. My point is that once "character" is not valued by society, one may meet all sorts of folks that are not what they might seem to be at first impression (the proverbial "false friend").
0 Replies