revelette1

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 07:11 am
Jitters Within GOP About Obamacare Repeal Without Replacement

Quote:
On Friday, Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Arkansas and an ally of President-elect Donald Trump's, said on NBC's "MTP Daily," "I don't think we can just repeal Obamacare and say we're going to get the answer two years from now." Hours later, another Republican echoed him, saying that the strategy to repeal, then replace is not wise.

Senator Bob Corker, R-Tennessee, told reporters Friday, "I think the president-elect's position was the right position and again if you look at some of his quotes recently, he continues to offer caution, as it relates to this, that in fact in the campaign he said repeal and replace should take place simultaneously. That to me is the prudent course of action."

McConnell seems to be digesting his members' concerns. In December, he indicated that replacement could take time, saying that after repeal is complete, "what comes next is what comes next. Then we will determine what the replacement is going to be."

But on CBS' "Face the Nation" Sunday, McConnell said Republicans "will be replacing it rapidly after repealing it." When pressed on a timeline, McConnell refused to provide specifics, saying only it would be "very quickly."

Dent said that he and many members of the Republican conference saw Trump's tweets Friday morning where he cautioned Republicans in their replacement efforts. Trump told them to "be careful" because Democrats currently own the health care law.

"I saw that as a flashing yellow light like caution to not move precipitously," Dent said.

Dent and Corker both admitted separately Friday that a full repeal of all the tax provisions of the ACA would mean that Republicans would have to re-insert those taxes in any replacement bill to pay for their version.

"That means Republicans would have to vote for a tax increase. Now y'all been here for a while and understand how unlikely that is," Corker said.
Frugal1

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 07:19 am
@revelette1,
Repeal it, and let the free market replace it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:05 am
@revelette1,
Nah. I want them to repeal Obamacare without any plans. That will destroy their party for many decades to come. They will kill many innocent people on Obamacare when they lose their health insurance.
Their threats and repeals over 50 times is sickening. They should live in the real world once in awhile.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:10 am
There is still NO EVIDENCE that Russia hacked the election, and if you are still saying they did - you are a liar.
georgeob1

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:13 am
@revelette1,
Well they can easily resolve their jitters by doing nothing at all. Obamacare is collapsing on its own, with a flight of insureers from the various state exchanges, and fast rising rates - a result of the many absurdities and contradiction built into the law by its "progressive" authors (Including DNC chair John Podesta whoused "PASSWORD" as hi password on his hacked e mail account. To survive past November Obamacare will need an infusion of hundreds of billions in new Federal subsidies.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:14 am
@Frugal1,
Frug is not well informed. Even Trump says Russia hacked the election.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/politics/us-formally-accuses-russia-of-stealing-dnc-emails.html?_r=0

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-cyber-idUSKBN14S0O6
maporsche

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:22 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Well they can easily resolve their jitters by doing nothing at all. Obamacare is collapsing on its own, with a flight of insureers from the various state exchanges, and fast rising rates - a result of the many absurdities and contradiction built into the law by its "progressive" authors (Including DNC chair John Podesta whoused "PASSWORD" as hi password on his hacked e mail account. To survive past November Obamacare will need an infusion of hundreds of billions in new Federal subsidies.

Doing nothing is indeed doing something George. Republicans own healthcare now because they control the branches of government.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:23 am
@maporsche,
It's going to be fun to watch them repeal Obamacare. Can't wait to see that happen.

Looks like they're back-tracking.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/republicans-dont-want-to-hurt-real-america-by-repealing-obamacare-they-will/2017/01/08/eab03570-d452-11e6-a783-cd3fa950f2fd_story.html?utm_term=.792fa21f411d
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:29 am
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/01/06/crime-wave-obama-denies-dead/
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:30 am
@cicerone imposter,
You lie.
You know the story is fake, and you choose to perpetuate the liberal lie.
0 Replies

Frugal1

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:43 am
Let's see the tolerant liberals top this.

Flashback: Seven Of Obama’s Nominees Confirmed On First Day Of First Term

0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 11:43 am
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/01/06/donald-trump-james-clapper-john-brennan-james-comey/96236536/

CSA (Central Stupidity Agency) in Langley Va. is in for a very rude awakening and an introduction to the nature of reality.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 02:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
And you are something of a stooge.

Trump never said Russia hacked the election

The US Intelligence Agencies never said Russia hacked the election

Obama never said Russia hacked the election

Even the NYT headline in the article you linked doesn't say Russia hacked the election.

But keep spreading the BS, there are plenty of morons who will take you at your word.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 02:31 pm
@maporsche,
That's rich coming from someone who insisted that Obama didn't own anything "given to him" by the Bush Administration.
maporsche

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 02:32 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

That's rich coming from someone who insisted that Obama didn't own anything "given to him" by the Bush Administration.

You'll have an impossible time pinning those words on me Finn. Good deflection though.

You disagree then that the people elected republicans into power, in part, to fix the healthcare system? Will they not be responsible for their fix? I didn't say that Obamacare's deficiencies are republicans 'fault' (although, that's debatable considering their obstruction the last 6 years), but they're now responsible for the fix.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 02:42 pm
@maporsche,
He knocks a major university (I'm one of its graduates) because of its location and so he associates it with the state's varied behaviors? Talk about a chip on a shoulder.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 02:42 pm
@maporsche,
So accept my invitation to go on the record that Obama and his supporters' blaming Bush for every problem he faced, and constantly using the dodge of "I inherited this problem from Bush..." was intellectually dishonest and irresponsible.

No, I agree that Trump and the GOP now "own" every problem America faces and that it is their responsibility to do whatever they can to fix them. If they can't they should be judged to have failed.

I just find it amusing that any liberal tries to make this case when all of them were desperate to inoculate Obama from the problems he "inherited."

After 8 year some of them are still peddling this dodge.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 02:46 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
They continued to blame Bush as Obama was headed into his 7th year in office, it has been their mantra since 2009.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 02:47 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

So accept my invitation to go on the record that Obama and his supporters' blaming Bush for every problem he faced, and constantly using the dodge of "I inherited this problem from Bush..." was intellectually dishonest and irresponsible.

No, I agree that Trump and the GOP now "own" every problem America faces and that it is their responsibility to do whatever they can to fix them. If they can't they should be judged to have failed.

I just find it amusing that any liberal tries to make this case when all of them were desperate to inoculate Obama from the problems he "inherited."

After 8 year some of them are still peddling this dodge.

Being blamed for the problem starting and being blamed for the response to the problem are two completely different things Finn.

You know this, but it doesn't make as good of an insult.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2017 03:02 pm
@maporsche,
Actually, the general public blames Bush for our economic problems; it's not Obama.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/07/09/poll-americans-still-blame-bush-for-economic-problems

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2013/12/19/the-public-still-blames-bush-and-it-celebrates-the-clintons/?utm_term=.27a8337de56f

I also believe many are blaming Obama for the stagnant wages many people have been experiencing since 2008.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/stagnant-wages/