It bothers me and makes me mad I might never find a boyfriend that thinks I'm pretty?

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 07:51 am
It bothers me and makes me mad that I might never find a boyfriend that think I'm pretty.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 1,007 • Replies: 15

jespah

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 07:53 am
@TheDivaGirl,
I suggest you seriously consider therapy.
TheDivaGirl

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 07:55 am
@jespah,
Will that help me find a boyfriend that thinks I'm pretty?
jespah

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 08:02 am
@TheDivaGirl,
Sure.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 09:44 am
If a boy likes a girl, (or a man likes a woman) he will find something pretty about her. Also this works the other way around. Anyhow it is easy to get tired of superficial prettiness, much of which is done with makeup.

ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 09:47 am
Yet again she asks.. the exact same question, starting a whole new thread.
Ragman

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 09:58 am
@ossobucotemp,
Self-awareness doesn't seem to be in the script.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 11:57 am
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

Yet again she asks.. the exact same question, starting a whole new thread.

She doesn't really seem interested in any responses. We know pretty much nothing about her that provides any direction. She just seems too focused in the least important aspect. Would you really just want a guy to like you physically?

The way shes going about this even if we could help her get that she would come back asking, "So angry, how do you get a guy to like you for more than just looks?"
0 Replies

TheDivaGirl

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 05:36 pm
@contrex,
This doesn't help me because I don't have guys that like me.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 07:08 pm
@TheDivaGirl,
They may have figured out that you don't get them as people.
I hope you look to a councellor on this.

0 Replies

perennialloner

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2016 09:15 pm
@TheDivaGirl,
I think first you need to work on your perception of yourself before you start seeking out a boyfriend. You don't think you're pretty because you haven't received the validation you think pretty girls get from guys. As a consequence of your thinking you're not pretty, you have low self-esteem, which has in turn caused you to believe that people value beauty above all else in other people. That's simply not true.
That's not to say people don't value beauty. They do. They do a lot. But ultimately beauty isn't what makes people love people. People love people for who they are, their faces, their personalities, their talents, which they discover by sharing time together. It's the total package that counts. It's having shared experiences that count. You are so focused on one aspect of yourself that few boys, if any, have gotten the chance to see the person beyond your face. No one wants to date a mannequin. And if someone does (i.e., not the type of person you want), not a single thing in the whole world is gonna stop them from ditching you for the next (prettier) mannequin that pops up.
0 Replies

Peninnah

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 11:05 am
@TheDivaGirl,
Quick question,do you think you are not pretty or do you believe you are not pretty?!For a girl that refers to herself as 'TheDivaGirl' I would imagine Divaness is your signature.
Now,I really don't know what meaning the urban dictionary assigns to the word Diva',but I have always been to the impression that it refers to a woman of strength, a woman who is aware of her awesome flaws and celebrates them,a woman whose heart is so calm,serene,yet bold and proud(without an ounce of arrogance)and kind and tender...and so beautiful that when she looks at the mirror,that's the beauty that radiates!
Baby girl am a tell you a secret,people see what you feel(ing) inside.(and you can only give what you stored inside and trust me,you will receive just as much emptiness, selfdoubt...)If you feel,insecure,inferior,all that desperation will display in the face of your mate(s) and believe me,nothing smells worse than an empty woman!You don't need validation from anybody(leave alone a boy/man)(well,with a bit of exception;ourgirlfriends,if you know what I mean)You validate yourself by working and filling your mind,body,heart,spirit and soul with great things,great things and great discoveries about yourself!And trust me,there are a thousand and one wonderful things about you,you just need to uncover that and capitalize on them! Do a SWOT analysis of yourself,find out what makes you stand out and invest on that,find out what are those things that threatness your confidence with this weakness of thinking you not beautiful enough and work on 'em...
Diva,you don't need a lecture you don't need to see a shrink,you just need to understand and believe one think;Girl,if a hot coal falls on your skin,you may get a life long scar,but that does not make you unbeautiful!See,beauty like all God's phenomenal secrets,is hidden beyond...It lays in the inner chest chamber called the heart,and,like all God's masterpieces,it is meant to be felt more than to be rated by our flawed eyes.
Girl,you good enough!So work on yourself until you believe and feel that!
Goodluck Diva!
Peninnah.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 12:23 pm
Do you have a picture?
Peninnah

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 12:50 am
@McGentrix,
Haha hello to you to!Nope,I have many pics!!!haha
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 01:09 am
@TheDivaGirl,
Not if you are a Diva - girlfriend.... x
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 05:13 pm
@TheDivaGirl,
TheDivaGirl wrote:
It bothers me and makes me mad that I might never find a boyfriend that think I'm pretty.

Post your pic here so we can check you out,,Smile
0 Replies