Project Veritas - Rigging the Election

maxdancona

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 05:55 am
@McGentrix,
Last night, Trump had the opportunity to make exactly this case with a national TV audience and a friendly moderator. He botched it. He was outmatched, outsmarted and outclassed.

Nothing is being rigged. He is just getting beat.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 07:14 am
I was just thinking...

I feel really bad for Marco Rubio. He could have won this election against Hillary, and I am sure he knows it. He has got to be kicking himself.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 09:26 am
It is the same ones who are accepting Trump's words and opinions who chose Trump as the nominee of the GOP, they have no one to blame but themselves for this disaster of Trump. Last night after the debate a reporter asked a group who was watching the debate what they felt about it on MSNBC. All of them basically said it was Trump's attitude which turned them off even if they agreed with his stances on the supreme court and other issues. What worked in the republican primary simply does not work with the general population.

Even if we take the video which started this thread (didn't watch it, I don't like to click on some links because of viruses) at face value, to use a quaint saying, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink." An old lady said something and a Trump supporter whopped her and somehow McGentrix thinks because it was allegedly provoked, the guy's who used violence is excused? I don't think so. More importantly, the whole thing is fishy because of who made the video.

Lastly, I don't recall anyone saying before any votes have been counted or irregularities reported and dealt with in the proper fashion by rules that have been set up to deal with that; that they won't accept the results at the end of the process and the election is rigged and set up by the media friendly to Hillary. Moreover I don't recall a candidate for Presidency encouraging voter intimidation which is illegal. On those grounds alone, he should be disqualified.
Lash

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 10:18 am
@maxdancona,
He was outsmarted, and he did look like a dunce.

Also, the election is rigged.
McGentrix

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 11:43 am
@revelette2,
Maybe you should watch stuff and read more about things so your opinion is accurate. For example, I would not post a link to a video that would have a virus, nor would facebook. So, you can safely watch the video so that your thoughts on the matter can be more clearly evaluated.

Secondly, Shirley Teter, the old lady from North Carolina was a hired goon sent to stir up trouble. She talked smack to an old, nearly blind guy and then grabbed him before he turned to see who it was and knocked her down. Thankfully, all her other hired goons were there to start screaming and acting like a bunch of fools.

So, know your facts.

And as another thing, when did all the talk about someone being "disqualified" to be President from either side? I think that is the stupidest thing to say. So and so did this so they are disqualified to be President. Are they over 35 and a citizen? Then they are qualified. Stop with that nonsense. disqualified... dumbest thing ever.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 12:09 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
And as another thing, when did all the talk about someone being "disqualified" to be President from either side? I think that is the stupidest thing to say. So and so did this so they are disqualified to be President. Are they over 35 and a citizen? Then they are qualified. Stop with that nonsense. disqualified... dumbest thing ever.

I agree with McGentrix on this.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 12:28 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Do you and LAsh drink from the same aquifer? Remember,

"**** aint true just cause you want it to be"

That's very profound... just imagine if the mainstream media applied that thinking to Hillary Clinton huh?
giujohn

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 12:29 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

What I hate are hypocrites who believe one thing but claim they believe the opposite.

So I guess you must really hate Hillary when she says she has one face in private for the bankers and another face in public for the suckers.
giujohn

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 12:36 pm
What truly is interesting is when somebody like Hillary Clinton is ask why she lied as evidenced by her emails her immediate retort is well the way they got those emails was because the Russians illegally hacked the email accounts... That's like saying," Well yes your honor there is a video of me killing my wife but somebody illegally hacked that video off my computer and gave it to the Police."
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 12:36 pm
@McGentrix,
I really don't care enough to argue with you on the video, I won't click the link, I will just take your word for how it happened with a grain of salt.

On Trump and his rigged election nonsense, republicans have been coming out in large and growing numbers rebuking it on twitter.

Quote:
Carlos Curbelo
Peaceful transfer of power & acceptance of election results is fundamental to our democracy & Constitution. This cannot be undermined ever.

Jeff Flake
.@realDonaldTrump saying that he might not accept election results is beyond the pale

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvLZuU-WAAEWDVM.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CvOQHc2XYAAO02Q.jpg

Republican senator and former presidential candidate John McCain released a statement saying that the loser of an election has “a duty to concede” and that this is the American way.

Conservative commentator Laura Ingraham said that Trump should have said he’ll accept the election results and that he had “no other option.”

source

In my opinion it is disqualifying for Trump to tell his supporters go to inner cities to make sure everything is on the up and up. There are registered watchers whose job it is to do so already. What Trump is suggesting is voter intimidation which is illegal.

Quote:
The more Trump sees his chances of victory in November slipping away, the louder and more frequently he tells his supporters that the election is “rigged” and Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton will steal the presidency with the help of “illegals,” “international bankers” (a dog whistle referring to Jews) and “the inner cities.”

“I hear too many bad stories, and we can’t lose an election because of you know what I’m talking about,” Trump said at a rally earlier this month. “So, go and vote and then go check out areas because a lot of bad things happen, and we don’t want to lose for that reason.”

Trump has made similar remarks at other recent rallies, fervently encouraging his supporters to become “Election observers” to “Help Me Stop Crooked Hillary From Rigging This Election!” as it states on his website. And Trump’s followers are more than willing to comply, openly saying they will intimidate voters based on race and ethnicity.

“Trump said to watch your precincts. I’m going to go, for sure,” Steve Webb, a 61-year-old carpenter from Fairfield, Ohio, told the Boston Globe. “I’ll look for … well, it’s called racial profiling. Mexicans. Syrians. People who can’t speak American. I’m going to go right up behind them. I’ll do everything legally. I want to see if they are accountable. I’m not going to do anything illegal. I’m going to make them a little bit nervous.”

Voter intimidation is, in itself, illegal, however.

The Boston Globe reported that Trump supporters at a rally in Cincinnati said they “plan to go to their local precincts to look for illegal immigrants who may attempt to vote. They are worried that Democrats will load up buses of minorities and take them to vote several times in different areas of the city.”

An article published by Breitbart, the right-wing outlet whose chairman serves as CEO of the Trump campaign, espouses this claim, saying, “Trump’s concern stems from Border Patrol’s assertion that illegal immigrants are gaining access to the United States purely to vote in November’s election, and in fact are being hurried up in order to collect more votes.” However, there is no evidence to back up that claim.

At a rally over the summer, Trump told supporters they must become “observers” in “certain areas” and watch for “other people” who show up to the polls on Election Day.

According to campaign observers, the “certain areas” Trump has asked his supporters to watch are primarily areas with large support for Democrats — and with large populations of Black and Latino voters.

Related Story: Trump Stokes Fears of Voter Fraud, Calls on Supporters to Watch ‘Others’

Meanwhile, if Trump does not win the election, some of his supporters openly and on the record discussed violent rebellion and assassination with the Boston Globe.

“If [Clinton’s] in office, I hope we can start a coup. She should be in prison or shot. That’s how I feel about it,” Dan Bowman, a 50-year-old contractor, told the Globe. “We’re going to have a revolution and take them out of office if that’s what it takes. There’s going to be a lot of bloodshed. But that’s what it’s going to take. … I would do whatever I can for my country.” Bowman then placed a Trump mask on his face and posed for pictures, according to the Globe.

There is also fear in open-carry states that Trump supporters will be armed as they attempt to intimidate voters.

Late last week, two Trump supporters openly carrying firearms sat outside the campaign office of a Democratic congressional candidate in Virginia for nearly 12 hours, according to a local CBS affiliate, causing volunteers in the office to feel intimidated.

Su Wolff, a volunteer for candidate Jane Dittmar, said one of the Trump supporters “turned sideways to be sure that we would see that he has an open carry gun, which is legal, it’s fine, but it’s intimidating.”

Holding Trump signs and one wearing a red “Make America Great Again” hat, the individuals said they were protesting Clinton and were there “to provide a voice for someone who might be closet supporters of Trump.”

source

So Trump is encouraging his supporters to break the law by intimidating voters.
farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 12:39 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
That's very profound... just imagine if the mainstream media applied that thinking to Hillary Clinton huh?

I was thinking more of how Donald denies saying what he just said on camera

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 12:45 pm
PS, what does "mainstream media" even mean? I consider Hannity or Limbaugh mainstream. They dont shut up about Hillary's shortcomings with truth for all to hear on "loop radio". Then bloggers (who are more mainstream than the Washington Post) pick up these guys and make it into a religious refrain.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 01:00 pm
@revelette2,
I tend to agree. He should have just just said "sure." and been done with it even if he wasn't going to.

Remember Al Gore contested his losing election bid, Trump may need to do similar if low voter turn out is as bad as experts are predicting.

Once all the dust clears and the courts have had their say, if they need to, I am sure Trump will go back about his business and accept things the way they are.

One thing though, a whole lot of people have burnt bridges with Trump and I will be curious to see the fall out of all that if/when he loses.
maporsche

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 01:03 pm
@giujohn,
That's not what she said.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 01:22 pm
@McGentrix,
Al Gore was not going around talking about a rigged election before votes are even counted in effort to get his supporters to intimidate voters so he will win. He went through the proper channels after the votes were counted to have a recount. After the Florida Supreme Court stopped the recount, Al Gore, for the good of the country, conceded and the country had to accept it for the same reason. Who know what is going to happen on election day if Trump's goons are let loose and who knows what Trump will do if Hillary wins? We have to wait in suspense to know. As far republicans paying a price for rightfully rebuking him, have you looked at the polls lately? Republicans would be smart to drop him like a hot potato to save their seats. You have an overblown sense of Trump's importance and relevance.
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 02:04 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

He was outsmarted, and he did look like a dunce.

Also, the election is rigged.

Rigged the way McG defines it, or rigged in another way?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 02:23 pm
@revelette2,
Al Gore might not have, but the Dem party as a whole has been on that kick since. Every time they lose an election they cry foul and claim that the system is rigged.
snood

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 02:28 pm
@Baldimo,
Besides the Gore/Bush Florida fiasco, which was understandably protested and contested, what elections are Democrats supposed to have whined about?
Or are you just talking out of your ass?
Baldimo

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 02:30 pm
@snood,
2004 election, the 2010 GOP win of The House, the 2012 win of the Senate. Did you forget about the claim of rigged voting machines and other such BS the Dems cried about?
farmerman

Reply Fri 21 Oct, 2016 03:04 pm
@Baldimo,
it wasnt so much voter "fraud" that I recall from 2012, It was voter disenfrnchisement by the GOP "Boards of Elections". In PA, (rurql Chester County), there was a huge turnout of blak kids (stusents qt Lincoln University) who were inconvenienced by the reloction fo the normal polling place to a small township building. SInce it was a single voter district, the board of elections mrely qttempted to make the lines to vote stretch for two blocks (equivqlents becqusemits nxt to some Amish farm fields). So the kids, bless em, hung around and the judge of elections (a Dem from Philly) allowed the polling place to remain open as long as the line was continuous.

It bounceed back in the GOP's face and caused the loss of a few positions in county offices in the next cycle. (Kids voted aginst the dienfranchisers)> The newspapers had field day.

This was just at roughly juwt 4 years afterthe time that the GOP lgislators were saying that redistricting would keep the "minorities" from voting and would assure the state would be turned over to john mcain . I wonder how that went for em.

Redistricting and "protection against voter fraud" have been the cover crop of the GOP. Why not try some new ideas that the people can celebrate.
It seems that, when Reagan left office, the GOP lost its big idea men.