Project Veritas - Rigging the Election

snood

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 09:39 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Does it matter? 1,10,100? It's still voter fraud.

YES, the number matters, you cretin. If only a hundred thousand people vote, then 10 cases of voter fraud is significant. If a hundred fifty million people vote, 10 cases of voter fraud is NOT significant.

One of the most comprehensive studies done to date on voter fraud (and I know you right-wing fuckers don't like scientific studies, but) was done by the Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law. It found thirty-one cases of voter fraud of any kind - including just allegations - in over a BILLION votes cast in the United States from 2000 to 2008. That's 31 out of a billion.

https://web.archive.org/web/20070622014244/http:/truthaboutfraud.org/index.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/08/06/a-comprehensive-investigation-of-voter-impersonation-finds-31-credible-incidents-out-of-one-billion-ballots-cast/

Republican right-wing nuts crow about voter fraud to justify oppressive voter ID laws that benefit Republicans. That is really the beginning, and the end of this argument for anyone with any integrity at all.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 09:40 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

he is losing because most Americans see him as racist, obnoxious and creepy enough that it overcomes any problems they might have with Hillary.

Because that is what the media feeds them every day. I am sure the media could turn Mother Theresa into a whore with a couple weeks of non-stop coverage.

Yeah - Mother Theresa, Donald Trump... same thing.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 09:43 am
@McGentrix,
Have you ev er actually looked at any of the fact checks, McG? Trump has consistently liked, misstated, and invented his "facts" for vthe whole time he's been running, and for the years he loudly and repeatedly and falsely was a birtherist. To a flabbergasting degree. He's repeatedly clocked over 70% untruths in his speeches. And until recently the media never called him on it, just reported his speeches straight. That was their interpretation of mainstream journalism--you report what people say, you don't vet it, and you present someone with the other viewpoint in the story''"cover both sides". But it became abundantly and inescapably true that Trum lied MOST of the time, so, reluctantly, it is becoming clear that if you are going to report the news honestly and fully, you have to make it clear that someone is lieing in most of what they say. And the peson who is telling the lies is overhwlmingly Donald Trump. If showing his lies is "rigging" the election, then I'm all for it.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 09:49 am
Even the holy grail of right-wing journalism - Fox News - knows that Trump's claims of widespread voter fraud are bogus.

“Of course there is large scale voter fraud happening on and before election day,” he said in a tweet, preemptively bracing his supporters for what now seems like a likely November loss. “Why do Republican leaders deny what is going on? So naive!”

But ample studies and election experts agree that voter fraud is both rare and inconsequential. Even the hosts of Fox News’ “The Five,” who often defend Trump, shot down his claims.

“I liked the rigged part,” Eric Bolling said, adding that the “mainstream media” is trying to tip the scales in Hillary Clinton’s favor. “I hate the part that he’s assigning to the voter fraud... I just don’t get it.”

Kimberly Guilfoyle pointed out there have been “a lot of research and studies” examining voter fraud. “Overall, it doesn’t bear out in terms of the numbers to say that there is widespread voter or election fraud,” she said.

Dana Perino pointed that even some members of Trump’s campaign are reportedly telling him that “that’s not really true.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fox-news-voter-fraud-trump-the-five_us_5807201ae4b0b994d4c2916c?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 09:57 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

farmerman wrote:

Trump is calling for "Vigilantes" to "Carefully watch the vote". This, to prevent voter fraud.
Is he serious??

Hes getting more and more disjointed by the hour.

When a bus full of people from Wisconsin show up in Illinois to vote, I do hope some one is there to make sure that they are Illinois residents and they are in the district they live in. Don't you? Don't you want Hillary to win this election fairly?

Do you really think that Illinois is going to Clinton because a bus of voters came from Wisconsin (assuming that happened)?

I live in Illinois; it's going to go to Clinton by huge margins.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 10:00 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
maxdancona wrote:
he is losing because most Americans see him as racist, obnoxious and creepy enough that it overcomes any problems they might have with Hillary.

Because that is what the media feeds them every day. I am sure the media could turn Mother Theresa into a whore with a couple weeks of non-stop coverage.

Bullshit McGentrix. If all I saw were unedited and without commentary videos of his rallies, the primary debates, and his presidential debates, I would find him to be racist, obnoxious and creepy.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 10:09 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Why do you doubt "Mike" yet when it comes to anything Trump you guys stumble over yourselves about how honest and trustworthy they are? Maybe not you specifically, but many here. Blickers comes to mind as an example. He's turned red from the amount of kool-aid he's consumed.

Good question McGentrix. Here is the answer.

A "guy named Mike" calling into a radio show is not a very reliable source. Nor, is an edited video from a political activist who was discredited and convicted for previous stunts. For the record, I don't put too much stock into the numbers of women who since the video went public are claiming to have been groped by Trump either. When people say stuff that aren't verifiable, it is intellectually dishonest to base anything on their claims.

The big news about Trump is verifiable. He said that his fame entitled him to "grab the pussy" of attractive women on tape. There is no doubt that he said that. His interviews on Howard Stern, his attacks on Megyn Kelley and Rosie O, Donnell, and his comments on Mexico and Muslims are all undeniable facts.

Do you see the difference?

Of source there are some undeniable facts that point out negative points about Hillary Clinton as well. But, most Americans judge the undeniable facts about Trump as much worse then the undeniable facts about Hillary. And that is why Hillary is winning the election.

I am intellectually honest. I accept facts as facts whether they support my candidate or not. Sorry, but a "guy named Mike" doesn't mean very much.

0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 11:20 am
@maporsche,
I have no doubt you would. You are a politically knowledgeable individual. You are not the average person. Don't you remember Leno doing "Man on the street" interviews or The Daily Show (back when it was funny) showing what idiots most people are?

Those people are easily influenced by the media. They don't watch debates, they don't spend hours arguing on political forums, they don't really care. So, they watch the Today show before work, they might catch a commercial or two on the radio or TV in the background and then they watch the news when they get home or maybe before bed.

The media pounds these people relentlessly about Trump with their opinions of what is news worthy. If they spent the same amount of time on wikileaks or one of the other countless scandals Hillary, the DNC or the Democratic party are involved in, they think Hillary was the second coming of the anti-christ.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 12:32 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote McGentrix:
Quote:
Why do you doubt "Mike" yet when it comes to anything Trump you guys stumble over yourselves about how honest and trustworthy they are?

"Mike" was an anonymous caller into a radio show, and now we have to disprove his on-the-air call saying that Illinois voters were bused in from Wisconsin? You're down to that?

I think I'll call in a radio show and say that sixteen tractor trailers with Brazilian license plates full of Trump voters were just taken to vote in Pennsylvania. Now it's up to you to disprove it. How does that sound?

Quote McGentrix:
Quote:
Blickers comes to mind as an example. He's turned red from the amount of kool-aid he's consumed.

Check your quote above about talk-radio callers as serious sources, then get back to me. Or not.

0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 01:54 pm
Anderson Cooper and CNN cover the footage now. At least the media is starting to pick up on the truth.

maxdancona

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 05:15 pm
@McGentrix,
Ironically the people chanting "Lock her up" in the background hurt the narrative of Project Veritas among persuadable voters. Part of the problem Trump has is that his message makes is base estatic, but there is no way for Trump to reach out to the moderate voters he desperately needs.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 05:17 pm
@McGentrix,
This is the message that resonates with most Americans (the Trump supporters notwithstanding).

Quote:
"I have never seen in my lifetime or in modern political history, any presidential candidate trying to discredit the elections and the election process before votes have even taken place. It is unprecedented. It happens to be based on no fact. Every expert regardless of political party... who has ever examined these issues in a serious way will tell you that instances of significant voter fraud are not to be found. Keep in mind elections are run by state and local officials."

"That is both irresponsible and, by the way, doesn't really show the kind of leadership and toughness you'd want from a president," he also said. "You start whining before the game is even over? If whenever things are going badly for you and you lose, you start blaming somebody else. Than you don't have what it takes to be in this job."

McGentrix

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 05:18 pm
@maxdancona,
So you're part squirrel then? Unable to keep your attention and focus on the primary objective?
maxdancona

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 05:20 pm
@McGentrix,
What is the primary objective McGentrix? I want to see Hillary elected at least as much as you want to see Trump elected. Your propaganda obviously is making some people on your side happy. I don't think it objectively changes anything.

I think that Trump's own words and behavior have lost the election for him. The whining isn't going to change that.

The political fight now is to further damage the Republican brand. Smart Republicans understand how the game works. Anything Trump supporters say can and will be used against them.

0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 05:22 pm
@maxdancona,
That the President is involving himself in matters better left to people that matter? He's a lame duck that's done nothing with his Presidency except sink our country into an almost unrecoverable morass.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 05:23 pm
DO you suppose the dems are the ones encouraging republicans to scream "lock her up". This piece is bullshyt produced by a proven liar.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 05:25 pm
@McGentrix,
I don't get your point here McGentrix. Sitting second term presidents generally support and campaign for the nominee from their party. Trump's behavior opened himself up to this angle of criticism. Obama took the opportunity.

Do you have a point other than the fact that you think Trump should win?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 05:40 pm
The video also featured Robert Creamer, husband of Rep. Jan Schakowski (D-IL) and a frequent guest of the Obama White House. In fact, according to research done by The Daily Caller, Creamer has visited the White House over 340 times since Obama took residence.
Creamer is seen on the video bragging about the operations of his organization, Democracy Partners.

Quote:
“Wherever Trump and Pence are going to be, we have events and we have a whole team across the country that does that both consultants and people from the Democratic Party,” Creamer told an investigator. “And the Democratic Party apparatus and the people from the campaign, the Clinton campaign and my role with the campaign, is to manage all that.”

How does Creamer fit in with the dirty operations Foval brags about? We learned exactly how from Foval’s own lips:

Quote:
“I am contracted to him [Bob Creamer],” says Foval to an undercover reporter. “But I answer to the head of Special Events for the DNC and the head of special events and political for the campaign.”

“The [Clinton] campaign pays DNC, DNC pays Democracy Partners, Democracy Partners pays the Foval Group, The Foval Group goes and executes the ****…” continued Foval. “Democracy Partners is the tip of the spear on that stuff.”

And late yesterday, Creamer announced he was stepping down so as not to be a “distraction.”

Links at source.
Blickers

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2016 09:42 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote McGentrix:
Quote:
That the President is involving himself in matters better left to people that matter? He's a lame duck that's done nothing with his Presidency except sink our country into an almost unrecoverable morass.

When Barack Obama took office, the country had LOST 6 Million Full Time jobs the previous year under Bush. Now the country has GAINED 2.5 Million Full time jobs in the past 12 months alone, and over 5 Million Full Time jobs in the last two years.
Here are the official statistics from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Bush's last year was January 2008-January 2009.
Jan 2008...........121.435 Million Full Time jobs
Jan 2009...........115.818 Million Full Time jobs
*Total Loss = minus 5.62 Million Full Time jobs LOST*

Last two years under Obama:
Dec 2013.............117.307 Million Full Time jobs
Dec 2015.............122.603 Million Full Time jobs
*Total Gain = plus 5.3 Million Full Time jobs*

People working is what counts, and Obama took a country about to go off the cliff, turned it around and is bringing it back to health. Now you are saying he has no right to finish his term or make any decisions because the fast-sinking clown the Republicans nominated thinks he's going to become President, something that becomes more unlikely every single day.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2016 05:43 am
Winners and losers from the final presidential debate
Chris Cillizza - The Washington Post - Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Quote:
Losers
* Donald Trump: Top to bottom, this as Trump's most consistent and best debate. But, it wasn't a good debate for him. Not at all. His signature moment -- and the defining moment of the entire debate -- came when he refused to say he would concede if the election results showed he had lost. Trump's I'll-just-wait-and-see answer was a total disaster and will be the only thing people are talking about coming out of the debate.

0 Replies