Yeah, Bush is Looking Good!

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 12:09 pm
This is the latest news on Florida. They moved!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/floridamoves.jpg
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 12:22 pm
Hey, ci.

Good ta see ya, pilgram!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 12:28 pm
Funny, C.I.

Hey, Frank. That was a pretty good John Wayne imitation.

Hmmm. What was the topic again?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 12:48 pm
Letty wrote:
Funny, C.I.

Hey, Frank. That was a pretty good John Wayne imitation.

Hmmm. What was the topic again?

Thanks for noticing.

Did I have the walk down right?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 01:00 pm
Heh! Heh! Absolutely. Jeff Goldblum always walked sideways, Frank...and you, my friend, walk the walk and talk the talk.

Oh, yes. George Bush is looking good. Now I recall the thread's title. Sorry.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 01:06 pm
cav wrote:
As for the Democrats vs. the Conservatives....it's getting hard to tell the difference these days.

And how.

Heck, Bill Clinton was the best Republican president of the 90's.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 01:24 pm
That's the reason Clinton won two terms.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 01:51 pm
In another thread, someone is tryting to show that Bush economy record in relation to jobs is really good. All the stats were seeing just reinforce the point that the Clinton years were really good for the US.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 02:00 pm
Fiscally Kerry and Clinton are identical. Clinton wasn't a Republican. He got elected on merit, just a Kerry will be elected on merit.

The fat lady isn't even vocalizing.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 02:00 pm
Byrd "democrats" of Virginia were a good example of history revisited.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 02:46 pm
Of all the things that gungasnake has posted so far (and most of it is pure rubbish), there is one I do agree with. Osama binLadin is most likely dust by now. I thought that right after he disappeared from view following ToraBora and his continued absence has only reinforced that opinion.

As for Bush, I worry about the man's health. He seems to be getting more and more disoriented, his conversation more and more disjointed as time goes by. In a letter to the editor of the Atlantic Monthly (most recent issue, I believe), a medical man has opined that all the symptoms he sees are consistent with presenile dementia, an early form of Alazheimer's.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 03:27 pm
MA, Maybe it's drug/alcohol withdrawal symptoms in the first stages. He should be shaking like a mad dog in a couple of weeks.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 04:06 pm
desperation
gungasnake writes
Quote:
The basic facts of the matter seem to be that democrats caused our present problems and have no clue as to how to deal with them. Electing another democrat right now would be a disaster.

The basic facts seem to be that Bush has been President for 3 years and 8 months. The GOP has held the Congress almost continuously since 1994.

For anyone to blame all our current problems on democrats that haven't been in power for a long time shows a serious lack of reasoning ability.

Most of our problems were created by BOTH parties. But if you seriously think all our problems were created by the party not in power then I would suggest that the party in power is incompetent in that they can't fix problems and they can't run things properly while controlling all aspects of government. If the GOP is really as incompetent as you insist they are then I don't understand how you can support them.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 04:17 pm
Re: desperation
parados wrote:
gungasnake writes
Quote:
The basic facts of the matter seem to be that democrats caused our present problems and have no clue as to how to deal with them. Electing another democrat right now would be a disaster.

The basic facts seem to be that Bush has been President for 3 years and 8 months. The GOP has held the Congress almost continuously since 1994.

For anyone to blame all our current problems on democrats that haven't been in power for a long time shows a serious lack of reasoning ability.

Most of our problems were created by BOTH parties. But if you seriously think all our problems were created by the party not in power then I would suggest that the party in power is incompetent in that they can't fix problems and they can't run things properly while controlling all aspects of government. If the GOP is really as incompetent as you insist they are then I don't understand how you can support them.

As far as terrorism goes, AlQuaeda is entirely on the defensive at present and what danger there is of terrorists getting WMDs could probably be eliminated with a few bombing campaigns and covert activities.

What George W. Bush and co. are trying to resolve is the really big problem in the middle east, i.e. the total lack of representative and responsible government (outside of Israel) and that's a problem which has been festering for hundreds of years and made infinitely worse by 60 years worth of western and American policies beginning shortly before WW-II.

Nobody has even tried to fix the problem before and it bothers me that the first guy who ever does come along and make the good-faith effort to actually do something about the underlying problem gets treated the way he does by know-nothings and an opportunistic political party.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 04:27 pm
Re: desperation
gungasnake wrote:
parados wrote:
gungasnake writes
Quote:

As far as terrorism goes, AlQuaeda is entirely on the defensive at present and what danger there is of terrorists getting WMDs could probably be eliminated with a few bombing campaigns and covert activities.

What George W. Bush and co. are trying to resolve is the really big problem in the middle east, i.e. the total lack of representative and responsible government (outside of Israel) and that's a problem which has been festering for hundreds of years and made infinitely worse by 60 years worth of western and American policies beginning shortly before WW-II.

Nobody has even tried to fix the problem before and it bothers me that the first guy who ever does come along and make the good-faith effort to actually do something about the underlying problem gets treated the way he does by know-nothings and an opportunistic political party.

Boy...rationalizations this deep should be notice even by someone as shut off to reality as you, Gunga.

Bush, most assuredly, is not the "first guy" who ever did anything about the problem. Every president...including this guy's father...has made good-faith efforts to deal with it.

But this guy...and the people advising him...are incompetent shoot-from-the-hippers....who have managed to screw things up so badly, a truly bad problem has now become horrendous.

Wake up!

Stop thinking of Bush as the first guy ever to do anything about the problem...and stop thinking "nobody else has even tried"...because that is plain stupid!

Nobody has had much success...and I have my suspicions about why that is...but no one who previously dealt with this problem has made the disgustingly bad decisions that this administration has made.

And understand that this is coming from someone who IS NOT A "know-nothing" nor a member of any "opportunistic political party." (You weren't looking in a mirror when you typed those words, were you?)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 04:57 pm
I'm not sure how reliable the information is, but we've all heard that Bush and Company had intentions of attacking Iraq before nine-eleven. If that report is true, that's the main issue; not WMDs or Saddams connection to al Qaeda. And it certainly isn't for the Iraqi People. Geesh!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 05:01 pm
During my working career of some 30 years plus, I've seen managers screw up royally, but they've never lasted after the second one. This George Bush guy is a miracle worker; he's made some of the biggest screwups of anybody I know, and he's still being considered for an extension for four more years.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 08:06 pm
gungasnake writes
Quote:

Lets get back to reality here. The most likely scenario for terrorists getting a working nuclear bomb is from the former Soviet Union. (This is from CIA and other intelligence service analysis.) At one point there was a program in place to buy all the decommissioned nukes in Russia but that was not funded properly under the GOP. Clinton requested funding but the GOP just didn't see a need for it.

In case you didn't realize your history here, hundreds of years ago there were NO representative govts anywhere in the world. They came into being only in the last couple of hundred. Western influence in the MidEast occurred several decades before WW2. I think you need to take some world history classes. The British attempted to occupy Afghanistan in the 1800s. This was brought up recently by several news sources when the US went in there for those that weren't aware of it.

No one has ever tried to fix the problem before? wow.. Your understanding of recent history is as bad as it is for every other time period it appears. What do you think the Camp David Accords were? the Oslo Accords?

Bush is fixing the problem? I have a question for you. Is it democracy if it is imposed on you by an outside military force? Will Bush really accept a theocratic election in Iraq that would make it similar to Iran? That is one of the risks we take by letting Iraq choose their government. Do you really think the US will let Iraq become another Iran if the people of Iraq vote for it? Or is your "good faith effort" restricted to an imposition of what YOU WANT.

As for Al Qaida being "on the defensive". LOL.. gee MORE Al Qaida related terrorist attacks in the last year than in the previous year. (See US state dept report) Yeah.. nothing like a great offense to prove they are on the defense.

Gunga, if you wish to use the term "know-nothing" perhaps you should look in the mirror.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 11:12 pm
parados wrote:

In case you didn't realize your history here, hundreds of years ago there were NO representative govts anywhere in the world. They came into being only in the last couple of hundred. Western influence in the MidEast occurred several decades before WW2. I think you need to take some world history classes.

The islamic nazis who formed up the mujahedeen in Afghanistan and later AlQuaeda did not simply materialize from thin air in the late 70s and early 80s. Their roots go back to WW-II and to deals with the British and French and our own CIA after WW-II. Worldnet has several articles outlining such history, e.g.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=4934
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 11:24 pm
Worldnet makes me laugh...
0 Replies