Yeah, Bush is Looking Good!

padmasambava

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:29 pm
I think Bush lost a bit of sychromesh tonight trying to get those gears to jam together with the drive shaft moving a bit faster than he is accustomed to.

Maybe he should have taken a longer vacation.

How many times and in how many contexts did we hear that phrase "hard work?"

If its so damned hard maybe Bush should stay in bed longer.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:32 pm
I like Judge Judy Cycloptichorn. She also says "don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining" - another habit of Governor George's.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:32 pm
It's very hard work being a (good) president. Is that news to everybody? Maybe he thought it was gonna be easy work.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:35 pm
I think its very hard work for George to pronounce the word nuclear. It's work he is not capable of accomplishing no matter how hard he practices.

My suspicion is that GW never practiced anything very much. Nixon at least played the piano. Clinton wasn't bad on the saxophone. Surely neither Bush nor Nixon ever practiced telling the truth.

Telling lies comes naturally to some people. They don't need to practice that.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 10:38 pm
Gosh dern it! It's hard work being a president. I even cried and laughed with one of the mothers who's son was killed in Eyerak.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2004 11:44 pm
It does seem to define Barbarianism not to be able to pronounce the name of the country you are occupying where the Eye Rackys long for freedom at the same time that they despise us for our freedom.

Whose flipflopping now George? George Bush is a flip flopper.

They love us, they long to be free? They hate us because we are free. They hate freedom? They really don't yearn that hard for freedom. They do like candy.
0 Replies

PoeticMisterE

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 12:05 am
I don't know I think that this was pathetic, I think that none of them should be running. Both are a waste of time.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 01:05 am
Don't believe everything you think.
0 Replies

MichaelAllen

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 06:04 am
Don't think any more. Vote Kerry. He has the better Hairdo, he's taller and he has the same plan as Bush.

I actually do think Kerry did a great job of defending himself and neither candidate flip flops anyway. Not when you think about what they are actually saying and you quit splintering their statements to fit your notions.

For instance, Cheney actually warned Bush Sr. not to attack Iraq back in 1991-1992 (?) - True: Things change, people change, the world changes. With changing times of over a decade, can't a person enhance their view and say, "OK, but now (2003) is a better time to do it."

Kerry found Sadam to be a threat - True: Kerry still does. He didn't say the capture of Sadam was wrong, he did say Sadam should not have been a main focus.

Bush says there are a "bunch of folks" who hate our freedom - True: they are the terrorists, not the citizens of Iraq. By the way, got to love his vernacular. To me, he comes across as the guy down the street that I would share a beer with and talk about hunting.

It happens all the time. Capitalizing on it in the wrong way only shows a person's lack of understanding. Looking at all the factors involved - changing times, changing atmospheres...etc. - is a better to way to understand a candidates position or changing position.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 06:19 am
Let's forget about rhetoric for a second, such as 'flip-flop'. What the hell does that REALLY mean....the answer is nothing. Bush is depending on his 'homespun' style to win the votes of the 'average' American. He will probably capture enough of them to be re-elected.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 06:20 am
Flip-flop to me, btw, always meant a dying fish.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 06:55 am
MichaelAllen wrote:

I actually do think Kerry did a great job of defending himself and neither candidate flip flops anyway. Not when you think about what they are actually saying and you quit splintering their statements to fit your notions.

For instance, Cheney actually warned Bush Sr. not to attack Iraq back in 1991-1992 (?) - True: Things change, people change, the world changes. With changing times of over a decade, can't a person enhance their view and say, "OK, but now (2003) is a better time to do it."

Kerry found Sadam to be a threat - True: Kerry still does. He didn't say the capture of Sadam was wrong, he did say Sadam should not have been a main focus.

I couldn't agree more with this, and this is the first time I've seen anyone take it apart so nicely.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 07:52 am
Kerry won the debate on points and style. George Bush won on substance. I'll go with substance any day of the week.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 07:52 am
How'd he win on substance?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 07:55 am
What Bush said can be backed up by the record. Most of what Kerry said can't.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:06 am
http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=271

Looks like a draw on substance, to me.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:23 am
Freeduck writes:
Quote:
Looks like a draw on substance, to me.

When you have 90 seconds to make your point, a lot of detail and qualifications have to be left out; therefore the factcheck conclusions are a bit disingenuous in themselves for both Kerry and Bush.

When judging the substance, however, one must look at the actual record and what is being attempted, what is happening, what has already happened, what can be verified. Here I again believe Bush wins hands down on substance.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:26 am
I think that for most people, the candidate that we already prefer will be the one we believe has won on substance.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:32 am
I won't argue with you there FreeDuck.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 09:01 am
Foxy,

The most important point of "substance" were the four words I promise you will hear again...

"More of the same"

If you think Bush wins promising more of the same, then your opinion is understandable.

I think you are going to see a significant shift in the minds of reansonable Americans who will look at Iraq (and later the economy) and realize they don't want more of the same.
0 Replies