Yeah, Bush is Looking Good!

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 09:08 am
ebrown, Bush is Bush. What you see is what you get. Good intentions, honest effort, feet of clay like everybody else. I trust Bush to do things differently when it is proved to be prudent to do so and I trust him to tell us pretty much like it is as much as he can without jeopardizing the national security or undermining the chances for success. I do not trust Kerry to do anything other than what he thinks makes Kerry look good, and I think Kerry has already proved he is quite imprudent in supporting the national effort underway.

I'll be voting for Bush in November as the best choice we have in this election.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 09:32 am
Quote:

I trust Bush to do things differently when it is proved to be prudent to do so and I trust him to tell us pretty much like it is as much as he can without jeopardizing the national security or undermining the chances for success.

Bush doesn't do things differently when it is proved to be prudent (i.e. getting real international support).

He doesn't tell us "pretty much" like it is. He started with "Mission accomplished" and in spite of all all the evidence to the contrary he still can't admit that Iraq isn't going well. Only a fool or a partisan could defend him on this.

His policy both jeopardizes the national security and undermines the chances for success in the real "war on terrorism". As Kerry pointed out, although there is no connection between Iraq and 9/11 (and Bush knows it) Bush let Osama escape while pouring troops and money into Iraq.

Of course you will be voting for Bush in November.

I am betting (and praying) that more than 55% of American will not share the miraculous "consistency" that you and Bush somehow maintain in the face of clear evidence that you are wrong.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 09:33 am
Right on, eBrown!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 09:43 am
Look at the mess that Bush has wrought. The economy has tanked , and looks like its in for further sagging because weve stretched oil beyond a flexible end point. We have no built in contingencies anymore and , once the building bubble bursts, nothing will sustain growth.

His "war" has bogged down into a mess no matter whats done.
I dont klike the cynical ones who say "Let Bush go down fully with his war and the economy". I want to try to fix it while its possible. Bush has, in the first debate, shown that hes bankrupt for ideas. He appeared like a blathering idiot last night. I saw absolutely no substance other than those vapid , vacuum eyed stares that he occasionaly gives to a camera. I dont wanna ride down with the ship if a new captain can help.
Ill be voting for Kerry this November. Im not so intractible that I cant recognize that we collectively made a bad choice in 2000. Well, that can be changed with a ballot.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 09:43 am
I love ebrown's posts....
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 09:46 am
That comment "telling it like it is" drew an eyebrow up for me too.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 09:49 am
Bush appeared peevish a lot of the time. His tone was generally along the lines of: "Look, I thought I explained this already..."

As if it was an imposition on his time to have to answer these questions at all.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 09:55 am
Look guys, Bush told us he is working HARD. It's HARD work. He talks to leaders on the phone and stuff.

How can you go against that argument? That guy is genius.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 09:59 am
It worked for Clinton Slappy Smile
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 10:16 am
I find that co-workers who are always telling how hard they're working aren't necessarily the hardest workers. Funny how that is...

But perhaps what Bush meant was, "This job is really hard for me." As though we're meant to feel some sympathy for him.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 10:33 am
Yea man. Like, he gotta get UP in the morning. Even while he's eating his cereal, he's gotta come up with things to keep this country safe. It's HARD.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 11:23 am
Yeah. And he wants us to appreciate how hard he's working for us. Every day--for hours at a time!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 11:43 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Quote:

I trust Bush to do things differently when it is proved to be prudent to do so and I trust him to tell us pretty much like it is as much as he can without jeopardizing the national security or undermining the chances for success.

Bush doesn't do things differently when it is proved to be prudent (i.e. getting real international support).

What is "real international support"? How do you define it?

Quote:
He doesn't tell us "pretty much" like it is. He started with "Mission accomplished" and in spite of all all the evidence to the contrary he still can't admit that Iraq isn't going well. Only a fool or a partisan could defend him on this.

Nice use of the typical Democrat drivel. He started with 9/11 has not relented since. Iraq is not going well for the insurgents and terrorists trying to keep a democratic government out of the middle east. For a war, Iraq is going damn well. Only a fool or a partisan could be so blind as to not see that.

Quote:
His policy both jeopardizes the national security and undermines the chances for success in the real "war on terrorism". As Kerry pointed out, although there is no connection between Iraq and 9/11 (and Bush knows it) Bush let Osama escape while pouring troops and money into Iraq.

Explain to me how his policy does anything of the sort? His policy IS the war on terrorism. National Security is 100 times better now than it was 9/10. There are plenty of connections between Iraq and terrorism. I don't recall it being a war on Bin Laden, but a war on terrorism.

Bush let Osama escape? Please. That's a retarded statement.

Quote:
Of course you will be voting for Bush in November.

I am betting (and praying) that more than 55% of American will not share the miraculous "consistency" that you and Bush somehow maintain in the face of clear evidence that you are wrong.

I will be voting for the best candidate. You will be voting for whomever is not Bush. Way to help screw the nation.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 11:47 am
As a native Texan, I can assure all you skeptics out there that "working hard" is Texas speak for: "This is damned difficult to do and it takes awhile to do it." I know this is a stretch for you from less sophisticated states, but the translation/interpretation is accurate and can be explained further for the metaphorically challenged. Smile
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 12:50 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I will be voting for the best candidate. You will be voting for whomever is not Bush. Way to help screw the nation.

It's more like rape intervention.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 01:09 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
As a native Texan, I can assure all you skeptics out there that "working hard" is Texas speak for: "This is damned difficult to do and it takes awhile to do it." I know this is a stretch for you from less sophisticated states, but the translation/interpretation is accurate and can be explained further for the metaphorically challenged. Smile

I'll take your word for the fact that there is a special meaning to "working hard" in Texas. Bush, of course, is not a native Texan. And even if the words mean what you say, I don't think it changes the sense of it all that much...
0 Replies

PKB

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 01:56 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
ebrown, Bush is Bush. What you see is what you get. Good intentions, honest effort, feet of clay like everybody else.

Yeah! Feet of clay and an a$$ of lead. That's why it took him so long to get up from that chair he was sitting in while the country was under attack.[/i] Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 02:08 pm
I listened to the debate, and then watched parts of it later.

The gaps in Bush's presentation seemed to be more noticeable when I was listening. He sounded like a kid in school who doesn't know the answer, gives it a try anyway, and then hopes the teacher is gonna move on to someone else. Or like he'd memorized an answer and then forgotten part of it. An odd effect.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 02:44 pm
Quote:

For a war, Iraq is going damn well.

There is clearly no way I can possibly argue with that. Good point McGentrix.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 02:51 pm
Well when PKB and company come up with this flawless saint who has prophetic vision and full knowledge of what is the absolutely perfect approach to take in every situation so there is no cost or risk for the United States and everybody will absolutely love us, please point him (or her) out. Okay?
0 Replies