Yeah, Bush is Looking Good!

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 03:09 pm
doglover wrote:
Bush sounded like a broken record. He was obviously programed by Rove and Cheney.

Kerry wasn't as specific as he could have been. I wish that Kerry would just come out and say that voting to go to war with Iraq was the WRONG thing to do and stop sugar coating his vote. He needed to say we are getting the heck out of Iraq...cut our losses and leave and finish the job in Afghanastan and capture Osama bin Laden. That's where the REAL war on terrorism is.

I wish he would too!

Then I could sleep comfortably each night knowing that there wasn't a snowball's chance in Hell that he would get elected.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 03:15 pm
Joe Republican wrote:
Too bad you're not American, well if the GOP has their way you'll be able to run in 4 more years Smile

Why do you assume that such a change in the Constitution is strictly a GOP advanced notion?

Somewhere in the hinterlands there is a US state Governor who was born in Canada (Michigan?). She is touted as an up and comer by the Dems.

Clearly you are implying the GOP will be interested in running Arnold (not to mention that Kerry will win), but on the face of it, this notion has a lot more traction with Dems than Repubs: Dems the Open Border policy v the xenophobic GOP.

But then when you confine your postings to facile blurts, reflection is probably a casualty.
0 Replies

Voltoza

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 03:28 pm
Why is everyone still ignoring how STUPID Bush is?? Is it not OBVIOUS that government should be run by the smartest and not the stupidest citizens?? Stop watching the pathetic conservative, biased corporately owned news conglomerates and do some real research on what's going on in Iraq. It's getting worse over there and if Bush is reelected we are seriously going to be fu@*#d. Does anyone besides me care that the entire world HATES Bush, and if we support him by reelecting him they will soon hate the American PEOPLE as well. This is just insanity to me that people could support a moron like Bush.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 03:33 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Let's forget about rhetoric for a second, such as 'flip-flop'. What the hell does that REALLY mean....the answer is nothing. Bush is depending on his 'homespun' style to win the votes of the 'average' American. He will probably capture enough of them to be re-elected.

And how shameful it is that the "average" American doesn't give a rat's ass if the President pronounce the words Nuclear and Iraq the way they do at Harvard or Georgetown (or even Canada).

You are right Cav that Bush is indeed counting on his man of the people style to win voters over, and much to the chagrin of the elitists in this country, it will work.

What Democrats have lost sight of is the fact that they can not be The Party of The People, if they hold The People in disdain.

Personally, I found it very difficult to watch Bush during the debate and found myself wishing that he were a lot more polished speaker, but then I got a call from my 20 year old daughter who is quite bright, but not an intellectual by any stretch of the imagination, and who has a deep affection for Bush. While I was wincing at the repetitive statements and interminable pauses she was coming to the conclusion that he was doing just fine.

Somehow I find it hard to believe that the the 18% or so of "undecided" voters are going to be swayed by whether or not W can properly pronounce a few words. The people, for whom such nonsense matters, made up their minds long ago.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 04:13 pm
It is remarkable that some criticize Bush for 'memorizing and reciting a script' and others were bothered by the pauses while he gathered his thoughts. Seems like you can't have it both ways - he either had it memorized and was doing it mechanically or he was being careful to say exactly what he meant.

I don't like Bush's formal speaking style much though his extemporaneous talks to small groups are often quite good. He does much better in an informal setting. I'm hoping the Town Hall format will be sufficiently informal that he can give a better presentation.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 04:31 pm
Voltoza wrote:
Why is everyone still ignoring how STUPID Bush is?? Is it not OBVIOUS that government should be run by the smartest and not the stupidest citizens?? Stop watching the pathetic conservative, biased corporately owned news conglomerates and do some real research on what's going on in Iraq. It's getting worse over there and if Bush is reelected we are seriously going to be fu@*#d. Does anyone besides me care that the entire world HATES Bush, and if we support him by reelecting him they will soon hate the American PEOPLE as well. This is just insanity to me that people could support a moron like Bush.

See, this is why the Liberal position is to be admired. Notice the willingness to see issues from all perspectives, the antipathy for elitism, the pure common sense and rational thought track. No emotion, no hyperbole, just clear and precise arguments.
0 Replies

PKB

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:02 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Well when PKB and company come up with this flawless saint who has prophetic vision and full knowledge of what is the absolutely perfect approach to take in every situation so there is no cost or risk for the United States and everybody will absolutely love us, please point him (or her) out. Okay?

While Bush is touting that Kerry is no commander-in-chief because he said the Iraq war was the "wrong war, wrong place, wrong time" Bush fails to see his own failure in getting his dead a$$ up out of that chair, excusing himself in a polite and non alarming way and then being the commander-in-chief we all wish he could have been. Instead we get this b.s about Iraq. Bush is toast. You know it. I know it and come November 2nd the entire world will know it.

I never expected Bush to be perfect but I did expect him to do his job since he was so convinced that he deserved it. He fought like he!! to get it and now he can fight like he!! to keep it. Clay feet? Please. Somehow I feel the Lord Almighty is shaking his head at our gullibility ( is that even a word? You know what I mean.)
0 Replies

PKB

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:05 pm
Voltoza wrote:

Welcome Voltoza!

He isn't STUPID! He's plain-spoken and simple! Rolling Eyes

You have to know the politically correct way to refer to our current President. Geez! :wink:
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:13 pm
Bush was the Al Gore of the 2000 debates. Check out the "Faces of Frustration:

http://www.democrats.org/

Kerry kept his cool very well, made very succinct points, and called Bush on most of his bull. This is a format that Karl Rove thought Bush would excel at, including the time constraints with the lights.

I think Kerry made considerable headway with the swing voters.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 08:34 pm
You know, it's a tough job being the prezeedent. You gotta cry and laugh with the mothers who lost their sons in Eyerak.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2004 11:06 pm
JustWonders wrote:
President Bush:

"By keeping our word......by supporting our troops, we can acheive the peace we all want."

He nailed it. Kerry is beyond toast...Kerry is history.

Kerry's gotta be the worst and weakest candidate for president in the last hundred years. The dems are going to be walking around in a state of stupifaction in about thirty five days.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 06:19 am
I wish somebody other than Kerry was the Democrat nominee. There are some they could have put up as candidate that would have made me have to think long and hard as to which way to vote, and whichever way it came out, I could have been able to put my confidence and support behind the president.

Unfortunately, Kerry has shown no qualities to respect that I think a president should have. Whatever his weaknesses and errors, Bush is a man I can respect. Kerry isn't.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 06:27 am
I'm not nuts about Kerry myself...but compared with George Bush...the man is Washington, Lincoln, and TR all rolled into one.

Anyone who finds Bush a more attractive candidate than Kerry...no matter what their opinion of Kerry...has not done anywhere near enough thinking.

This administration has caused problems that will effect this country and the world for decades to come...and the next several presidents will, in my opinion, be preoccupied with trying to clean up the mess.

I also suspect that the mistakes made by this incompetent administration will probably have a toll on America's standing in the world that will be viewed by future historians as the beginning of America's downslide.

A vote for Bush is a vote for chaos in the world.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 06:31 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
cavfancier wrote:
Let's forget about rhetoric for a second, such as 'flip-flop'. What the hell does that REALLY mean....the answer is nothing. Bush is depending on his 'homespun' style to win the votes of the 'average' American. He will probably capture enough of them to be re-elected.

And how shameful it is that the "average" American doesn't give a rat's ass if the President pronounce the words Nuclear and Iraq the way they do at Harvard or Georgetown (or even Canada).

You are right Cav that Bush is indeed counting on his man of the people style to win voters over, and much to the chagrin of the elitists in this country, it will work.

What Democrats have lost sight of is the fact that they can not be The Party of The People, if they hold The People in disdain.

Personally, I found it very difficult to watch Bush during the debate and found myself wishing that he were a lot more polished speaker, but then I got a call from my 20 year old daughter who is quite bright, but not an intellectual by any stretch of the imagination, and who has a deep affection for Bush. While I was wincing at the repetitive statements and interminable pauses she was coming to the conclusion that he was doing just fine.

Somehow I find it hard to believe that the the 18% or so of "undecided" voters are going to be swayed by whether or not W can properly pronounce a few words. The people, for whom such nonsense matters, made up their minds long ago.

Thanks Finn. I agree with you. Smile I am concerned that America currently accepts that "just fine" is "good enough," which points to their voting habits, on either side. :wink: As for the Democrats vs. the Conservatives....it's getting hard to tell the difference these days. All I know is that the Homer Simpsons of the world will rule the election, either way.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 07:04 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
I'm not nuts about Kerry myself...but compared with George Bush...the man is Washington, Lincoln, and TR all rolled into one.

Anyone who finds Bush a more attractive candidate than Kerry...no matter what their opinion of Kerry...has not done anywhere near enough thinking.

This administration has caused problems that will effect this country and the world for decades to come...and the next several presidents will, in my opinion, be preoccupied with trying to clean up the mess.

I also suspect that the mistakes made by this incompetent administration will probably have a toll on America's standing in the world that will be viewed by future historians as the beginning of America's downslide.

I see a vote for Bush as a vote to continue trying to restore order in the world after the chaos brought about by the last democratic administration. Four years hasn't been enough to repair all of the damage.

9-11 Was your basic Clinton legacy, brought about by ignoring international terrorism for eight years. In the history of the world there is no example of any nation being attacked for being too strong and resolute. You get attacked by appearing weak and feckless.

There is no possibility of anything being improved by Kerry being elected president. The guy speaks well, but you can speak bullshit as well as you like and it's still bullshit. The guy wants to hand our security decision making over to Kofi Annan, Hans Blix, and Jacque Chirac while they're all on the payroll of Saddam Hussein and then claims he doesn't understand why our soldiers did not capture Osama binLaden after ToraBora. Aside from the fact that binLaden probably got vaporized AT ToraBora, all we had over there were a few hundred special forces and our air force, and the special forces units were fully occupied. Maybe Kerry thinks it's easy to get 300,000 troops into Afghanistan or something, starting from the Indian Ocean.

The basic facts of the matter seem to be that democrats caused our present problems and have no clue as to how to deal with them. Electing another democrat right now would be a disaster.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 07:08 am
wow, do you find it hard to see?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 07:15 am
gungasnake wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

I see a vote for Bush as a vote to continue trying to restore order in the world after the chaos brought about by the last democratic administration. Four years hasn't been enough to repair all of the damage.

9-11 Was your basic Clinton legacy, brought about by ignoring international terrorism for eight years. In the history of the world there is no example of any nation being attacked for being too strong and resolute. You get attacked by appearing weak and feckless.

There is no possibility of anything being improved by Kerry being elected president. The guy speaks well, but you can speak bullshit as well as you like and it's still bullshit. The guy wants to hand our security decision making over to Kofi Annan, Hans Blix, and Jacque Chirac while they're all on the payroll of Saddam Hussein and then claims he doesn't understand why our soldiers did not capture Osama binLaden after ToraBora. Aside from the fact that binLaden probably got vaporized AT ToraBora, all we had over there were a few hundred special forces and our air force, and the special forces units were fully occupied. Maybe Kerry thinks it's easy to get 300,000 troops into Afghanistan or something, starting from the Indian Ocean.

The basic facts of the matter seem to be that democrats caused our present problems and have no clue as to how to deal with them. Electing another democrat right now would be a disaster.

Everything Gundgasnake just wrote is bullshyt.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 07:28 am
If anybody has any real evidence that Osama binLaden is alive or ever has been since ToraBora, I'd like to hear it. I have a hard time picturing an egomaniac like that going for three years without the world seeing a picture of him if he's alive.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 09:55 am
Gungasnake will find much support for his conclusions among the A2K conservatives and moderates though some points could be debated.

Given all the negatives cited here and elsewhere, the only reason George Bush's approval rating and poll numbers are as good as they are is 1) He is trusted more than Kerry and 2) a majority of Americans put national security/war on terrorism at the highest priority of all issues and Kerry has given us zero confidence he would handle that effectively.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 2 Oct, 2004 11:02 am
Foxfyre wrote:
Gungasnake will find much support for his conclusions among the A2K conservatives and moderates though some points could be debated.

Given all the negatives cited here and elsewhere, the only reason George Bush's approval rating and poll numbers are as good as they are is 1) He is trusted more than Kerry and 2) a majority of Americans put national security/war on terrorism at the highest priority of all issues and Kerry has given us zero confidence he would handle that effectively.

Even if we were to suppose that last sentence is correct (it isn't by a long shot!)...but even if we were to suppose it is correct...

...it still makes no sense to vote for Bush on that account, because he has done MUCH more than just give us zero confidence that he can handle that issue effectively...

...he has pretty much shown that he can, and will, make matters MUCH, MUCH worse!

Of all the reasons you folks give us for voting for Bush...the one that sounds most like a rationalization is this one.

I have no idea of how effective Kerry will be at fighting terrorism (I feel horrible for any person attempting to do that, because it is a daunting task)...but surely someone else should be given an opportunity to try something different from what the incompetent Bush administration is doing...which is unacceptably counterproductive.

This administration is a poster child for terrorist recruitment.
0 Replies