Am I over thinking things?

Ebony86

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2016 03:37 am
I've been seeing a guy for about a month and a half now, we live 3 hours apart and I see him once a week when he can come up cause I have kids and he doesn't so he comes to me, which I really appreciate and it's during the week but on weekends when he's not working he doesn’t visit and he can go as long a 6 hours without replying to a text and says he just running errands... Can you really go that long "running errands" and not text someone that you say you care about. I don't understand.

jespah

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2016 05:38 am
@Ebony86,
Have you talked about it being exclusive? Because if you haven't, I bet he thinks it's not. Don't assume this relationship is an exclusive one.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2016 07:11 pm
@Ebony86,
Yes, you're over thinking the relationship.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2016 07:27 pm
@Ebony86,
Ebony,

Relax don't read too much into this, it's a typical guy thing to read a text and put his phone down with no reply. There are innocent reasons for this. It's more common than your situation but it's innocent. I wouldn't worry about it.
0 Replies

Ebony86

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2016 04:56 am
@Ebony86,
Thanks for your replies, yeah we're exclusive. We've discussed that we're in a relationship and we won't be seeing other people...
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2016 06:54 am
Men stop texting after the chase. So once a day probably is going to suffice for him. Besides, he will see you on the weekend.

Why do you bother him at work?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2016 11:21 am
@Ebony86,
Ebony86 wrote:
he can go as long a 6 hours without replying to a text and says he just running errands... Can you really go that long "running errands" and not text someone that you say you care about.

I sure hope people take longer than six hours gaps in texting, and , yes, errands can sometimes take many hours.

If you need someone who is going to put his life aside to meet your texting/attention needs, you may want to consider a different boyfriend.
0 Replies

mwinslow

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2016 06:38 pm
@Ebony86,
Everyone is different when it comes to replying to texts. Some will reply right away and others will wait many hours. But when I'm in a relationship, I would never go that long without replying. That's a bit rude in my opinion. But like I said, everyone is different. You will have to gauge that for yourself with your man.
chai2

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2016 07:49 pm
You can't sit your kids heinys down in your car to go visit him, but he can't take a few hours to respond to some text that's probably idle chatter?

Seriously, I do not understand people today.

There were 5 of us kids, and if my parents wanted to go someplace, even if it took a few hours, we got in the car, sat there, read a book or stared out the window. If you were the baby, did whatever it is they do. Somehow we managed to go that amount of time without snacks, videos or 50 lbs per kid of paraphernalia. Imagine that, only the clothes on our back.

We developed reasonably strong bladders, the ability to go literally minutes without a bottle of water or nature bars, and the knowledge that whining would be met with immediate unpleasant consequences.
All this in a car that had no air conditioning, child seats or as far as I can remember, required seatbelts.

Amazingly, CPS was never called.

As a result, we developed into adults that don't wonder why texts are not responded to until receipiant was damn good and ready.

Lady, you got too much time on your hands. Go read a book or something.

chai2

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2016 07:53 pm
@mwinslow,
mwinslow wrote:

Everyone is different when it comes to replying to texts. Some will reply right away and others will wait many hours. But when I'm in a relationship, I would never go that long without replying. That's a bit rude in my opinion. But like I said, everyone is different. You will have to gauge that for yourself with your man.

I texted my husband something funny the other day. The next day I remembered it and asked him if he got it.

He said "yes" and I replied "Oh, you didn't respond"

He answered "Why? I didn't have anything to say about it"

Makes perfect sense to me.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2016 08:34 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Seriously, I do not understand people today.

Maybe we're both of an age to remember reading a letter over a course of several days before getting together with pen, paper, and envelope and whipping out an envelope. Honestly, I wonder if peoples minds aren't evolving faster than the rest of our bodies. What if this evolved mind is passed on to our children?
chai2

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2016 08:45 pm
@roger,
I was never much on letter writing honestly.

I'm thinking more of this need for constant immediate response and extreme comfort seeking activity. Ever see those SUV stollers for babies?

I think there are a lot of products out there that really don't make life any simpler, they're just a crutch.

Not talking about texting, that's necessary in our society. But on the other hand, we've become a people that need immediate response, but can't imagine traveling in a car with a kid without hours of prep.

How the hell did families make it across the praires?
ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2016 08:52 pm
@chai2,
My parents took me across the US by rail several times re death of a relative, usually the reason.

I looked out the window.

Got cocoa in the dining car.

Looking around seems to be less interesting now.
0 Replies