When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ? Part 2

georgeob1

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 01:12 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

I don't believe in talking behind a person's back, I will assume at some point she will read this, so...

Anyway, the change in Lash was just too convenient to her hatred of the Clintons' she has. Being a Bernie supporter whether it was legitimate or not gave her a reason to bash Hillary Clinton without being tarred with a partisan brush. It simply is not too believable and it does not seem that sincere, it's more hate of Clinton than a love of Bernie. She seemed honestly excited by Bernie but excited because she thought he had a chance to win against her more than for Bernie himself. Those are merely my impressions and opinions of her this election cycle.

On what basis do you claim to be able to so finely analyze the validity or sincerity of chasnges in another person's expressed opinions? You appear to be sure that Hillary has sincerely "evolved" (whatever that means) on the matter of "gay rights" , but equally sure that something is amiss in Lash's internal thought process , or at leasat her expression of them. How the hell do you know the truth in either case??? I can at least understand such a conclusion in the case of a political candidaate - we all have a need to make such inferences in choosing for whom to vote. However what is it that makes you believe you have standing to question the internal thought processes of another poster here and one whom you likely have never met?
snood

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 01:15 pm
@georgeob1,
Not too difficult to track Hillary's evolution from not supporting gay rights to supporting them. She went from not supporting gay friendly legislation to voting gay friendly legislation.
Lash

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 01:47 pm
@snood,
Opinions no longer matter.

Let's see-- and record -- what happens.
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 01:48 pm
@snood,
Quote:
I'm sure you understand that calling someone a sheep is insulting.

If nothing else, at least this discussion has improved your comprehensions skills.
snood

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 01:52 pm
@Builder,
Builder wrote:

Quote:
I'm sure you understand that calling someone a sheep is insulting.

If nothing else, at least this discussion has improved your comprehensions skills.

How sweet. Thanks for noticing.
Builder

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 01:57 pm
@snood,
Quote:
Thanks for noticing.

You're welcome.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 02:42 pm
@Lash,
Quote Lash:
Quote:
We could have swept in a clean progressive who has stood on a picket line and protested with the natives in Dakota and minorities all over the country and championed veterans.

Republicans won in 2000 because of a third party candidate to the left of the Democrat, and your whole schtick is to repeat the experience.

There is no regular reader of this forum who doesn't see through your ruse-bang on Hillary for 30 posts a day for several months from usually crappy sources, then pretend the criticism is coming from the Left. Even while the criticisms you make are the same ones conservatives make. And at all costs-don't unite progressives to stop Trump. You've even admitted you prefer Trump to Hillary.
Lash

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 02:44 pm
@Blickers,
Bernie was the only progressive in the race.
Blickers

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 03:05 pm
@Lash,
To progressives, a moderate with a plan to keep Social Security and Medicare going in approximately their present form is far, far preferable to a lying welcher like Trump who claims he's going to keep them going because his economic program is going to be so spectacular that our GDP will start growing at four percent annually or more. That's not a realistic plan, and when that doesn't happen, Trump has a history of not delivering on the money when promised.

He's stiffed every contractor who worked for him, he'll stiff the seniors out of their Social Security and Medicare when the economy does not commence growing at 4% a year, telling them it's not his fault the economy didn't grow that fast, he had a great economic plan, the greatest economic plan the country has ever witnessed, but the Democrats screwed him from implementing it. By the way, your Social Security and Medicare just got cut.

Progressives are flocking to Hillary-Stein has lost about half of her support, which wasn't much to begin with-because they know that a candidate who is not virulently anti-union and is committed to keeping the New Deal style programs intact is infinitely superior to any Republican who wants to dismantle them and the unions. Your obvious gig is to pretend to be a progressive who hates Hillary because she is not progressive enough, and then try to tear her down in the name of progressivism. Using the same anti-Hillary arguments the conservatives are incessantly using. That's why nobody believes you. Except, apparently, Edgar.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 03:13 pm
Y'all seem to forget that Lash already switched sides when she went from supporting Bush to supporting Obama. That was eight years ago. It's hardly like she was promoting right-wing conservatism until Bernie came along.
Brand X

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 03:18 pm
Lash bashing became a hobby. *shrugs*
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 03:49 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Bernie was the only progressive in the race.

What about Jill?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 04:44 pm
@Brand X,
Brand X wrote:

Yep.
revelette2

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 05:44 pm
@nimh,
A couple of months ago someone really did some research and found a lot of posts from Lash in the 2008 election cycle, she didn't seem like she supported Obama much.
snood

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 05:47 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Brand X wrote:

Yep.

If you can't see that she reaped in large part what she sowed here, then your perception is skewed.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 05:50 pm
@revelette2,
I think that was maporsche. It was a useful post.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 06:04 pm
@edgarblythe,
and Brand X,

She wrote to the moderators when I said on the thread, more than once, that I knew her* and thought she was sincere, whatever our disagreements. I was being too personal, or some similar wording.

I never heard a sound from the moderators.

This is the first I've mentioned her name in all that time and I plan not to do it again.
My opinion of Lash is no hobby. It sits in its resting place, well away from me.

You, Edgarblythe, I still care about, whatever our differences accumulating. I don't dislike Hillary as much as you do, occlude her, but I'm the one who started a now long ago thread about "is there anybody else".

Lash once visited New Mexico, Albuquerque in particular, and has been in my house and raved about my paintings on a2k. I had been somewhat askance before I met her, given our posting histories, but liked her in person.

She traveled to see a band of liberals, probably starting with Dyslexia (Bob) and Diane and me and Roger, conservative, I am guessing, but not totally liberal hostile. I can't remember if Thomas was there, probably not. That is most of why I think she was searching. Now, of course, I don't care.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 06:55 pm
https://www.yahoo.com/news/live-coverage-blog-2016-choice-election-clinton-trump-181542697.html
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 08:18 pm
@ossobucotemp,
You don't care so much you still yammer about it.

Care less.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2016 08:18 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

Brand X wrote:

Yep.

If you can't see that she reaped in large part what she sowed here, then your perception is skewed.

It's a free speech forum. If you don't want her views you are always able to ignore her.