When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ? Part 2

farmerman

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 07:29 pm
Randy Nnewman wrote a song about Putin before the campaugn season started. He was amused how this leader had a teenager mentality about him. 'Newman said, that it would be really a disaster with a Russian adolescent leader dealing with an The Donald, who is also got an adolescent streak with an added dose of ADHD and sociopathic tendencies.

RABEL222

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 07:35 pm
@maporsche,
If Russia drops nukes on some of our cities do you think we would be justified in retaliateing?
Krumple

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 07:47 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

If Russia drops nukes on some of our cities do you think we would be justified in retaliateing?

If we didnt strike back with our own we would essentially force Russia to submit to US control. We would invade and take over. If they resist there would be a prolonged ground war until they submit. There would be no end to the line of young americans signing up to go get some payback.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 07:58 pm
@farmerman,
We can understand how Putin became the leader of Russia, but how did Trump rise to the top of the republican ticket? Trump is a rich kid who hasn't matured with age. Besides that, he's a known racial bigot. How?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 07:59 pm
@parados,
You seem to play at the periphery of American politics, not really knowing wtf is actually going on. Hillary's specific plan for Syria is a no-fly zone for Russia et al. We have no ******* authority to tell anyone where they can and can't fly.

It is clearly unprovoked and authoritarian aggression designed to taunt Russia into war. There's a lot of money in war.
Lash

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 08:01 pm
http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/19/hillary-said-a-no-fly-zone-in-syria-could-save-lives-but-a-top-general-said-last-week-it-could-cause-war-with-russia/

One General.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 08:04 pm
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2016/09/24/syri-s24.html?view=article_mobile

No fly zone-- still leads to war with Russia.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 08:06 pm
So, you'll never guess what The Guardian says about Hillary's no fly zone... IT WILL LEAD TO WAR.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/25/hillary-clinton-syria-no-fly-zones-russia-us-war
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 08:16 pm
@Lash,
That's Trump's opinion. How many of you believe in Trump telling the truth?
From Politifact: "78 percent of all of Trump's fact-checked claims have been scored "mostly false" or worse.

"....or worse" means pants on fire.
Lash

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 08:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I've never listened to a Trump speech. I read journalists who haven't been established as corrupt, and I read Wikileaks. The emails of Hillary and her dirty crew.

I make my own judgements.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 08:55 pm
Unlike Trump's proposed wall, Hillary isn't going to just announce one day that there is a no-fly zone and if you don't like it, tough. Hillary never does anything like that, she lets the other side know what she plans and holds negotiations about what they think. Then they talk it over, and an agreement is come to.

These things are beyond Trump's comprehension-how to negotiate things with an adversary-and so Trump screams like a stuck pig. So do his followers. The country needs someone who recognizes the limits and uses of American power, in this case power to save innocent lives. Trump knows how to talk tough, but his policies amount to letting his buddy Putin have whatever he wants. Which will be a considerable list if we are unfortunate enough to elect Trump.

Don't let this happen to us. Vote Hillary.
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 09:02 pm
@farmerman,
Hmm, do you know if that is on youtube?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 09:05 pm
@Blickers,
Trump revealed himself when he talked about making Mexico pay for his wall but said nothing when he met President Peña Nieto.
Big talker; all hat, no cattle.
Blickers

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 09:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Agreed. He not only talks big, he makes up his BS stories while he's going along. That's why he lost big in the debates.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 09:31 pm
@farmerman,
Randy Newman - Putin (Official Video)

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/randynewman/putin.html

"Putin"

Putin puttin' his pants on
One leg at a time
You mean he's just like a regular fella, huh?
He ain't nothing like a regular fella

Putin puttin' his hat on
Hat size number nine
“You sayin' Putin's gettin' big headed?”
Putin's head's just fine

He can drive his giant tractor
Across the Trans-Siberian plain
He can power a nuclear reactor
With the left side of his brain
And when he takes his shirt off
He drives the ladies crazy
When he takes his shirt off
Makes me wanna be a lady
It's the Putin Girls!

[Putin Girls:]
Putin if you put it when you
Put it where you put it
Putin if you put it
Will you put it next to me?
Putin if you put it when you
Put it where you put it
Putin if you put it
Will you put it next to me?

Now Putin hates the Putin girls
'Cause he hates vulgarity
And he loves his mother country
And he loves his family

He and his ex-wife Lyudmila
Are riding along the shore
Of the beautiful new Russian Black Sea
Let's listen in
A great man is speaking

We fought a war for this?
I'm almost ashamed
The Mediterranean
Now there's a resort worth fighting for
If only the Greeks or the Turks
Would start to sniff around
I'd bring the hammer down
So quick their woolly heads would spin
Woolly head, woolly head, woolly head

Or, wait a minute
Even better
What if the Kurds got in the way?
Hey! Kurds and way, curds and whey!

Sometimes a people is greater than their leader
Germany, Kentucky, France
Sometimes a leader towers over his country
One shot at glory, they don't get a second chance
I dragged these peasants kicking and screaming
Into the 21st century
I thought they'd make it
I must have been dreaming
These chicken farmers and file clerks gonna be the death of me

I can't do it
[PG:] Sure, you can
I can't do it
[PG:] Yeah, you can
What makes you say that girls?
[PG:] Tell you why. 'Cause you're the Putin man
Who whipped Napoleon?
[PG:] We did!
Who won World War II?
[PG:] The Americans!
That's a good one ladies
It's our turn to sit in the comfy chair
[PG:] And you're the man gonna get us there!

I don't know, Lenin couldn't do it
I don't know, Stalin couldn't do it
They couldn't do it
Why you think I can?
[PG:] You're gonna lead our people to the Promised Land
You're right, 'cause, Goddamn, I'm the Putin Man

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 10:01 pm
Who can grab their pussy riot
because he's a celebrity
the Putin man can
The Putin man can because he acts with alacrity
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 10:05 pm
@ehBeth,
I cannot put into proper words how much I hate Randy Newman.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 11:06 pm
@ehBeth,
It good to see Randy writing satire/humor again. He's fabulous.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 01:49 am
@cicerone imposter,
Lash is so mired in duplicity and double talk she doesn\'t know what the truth is. This is the Guardian\'s most recent editorial on Clinton, from back in July.

Quote:
For better or for worse, history will be made when the United States votes this November. Should Hillary Clinton win, she would embody the progress a society can make in a lifetime; the electors of the first female president would include those born before women gained the right to vote.

Her victory would demonstrate how unthinkable ideas can become first conceivable and then a matter of fact. So too, unfortunately, would the triumph of her opponent. A Donald Trump presidency might well demonstrate how quickly a society can unravel. The symbolism of a female president matters much less than the impact her leadership would have on the lives of women across American society compared with that of an unabashed misogynist. Should she lose – and it is not yet clear whether her party truly grasps what a very real possibility that is, despite worrying polls and her powerful speech in Philadelphia on Thursday – the US will have chosen a man who threatens not only the dignity of women and the security of religious and racial minorities, but democracy itself in America and stability beyond its shores. Never in living memory have electors faced a starker choice, as Mrs Clinton deftly reminded them.

Her opponent is not only a bigot and a bully, but a thin-skinned braggart – and “a man you can bait with a tweet is not a man you can trust with nuclear weapons”. He is ignorant on both immediate political issues and the state of the US and the world. He leaves behind him a trail of shabby business dealings. He supports nuclear proliferation, has justified torture, called for a ban on Muslims entering the US and this week appeared to invite Russia to hack into and publish his rival’s emails. Yet he remains buoyant. Absurd men, “little men … moved by fear and pride”, may be as dangerous as more apparently credible menaces.

The Democratic candidate is by instinct more hawkish than Barack Obama. Her promise to protect Main Street from Wall Street sits somewhat uneasily with her list of donors. She was pushed into adopting more progressive positions because of the stronger-than-expected challenge from Bernie Sanders. She has tended to shut out those beyond a trusted inner circle, a trait that was perhaps reflected in the controversy over her use of a private email server as secretary of state. Though she escaped prosecution, the FBI’s director described the handling of messages as “extremely careless”.

Such concerns, though real, are trifling if set against the prospect of Mr Trump winning. They exist in part because of her years in vicarious, elected and appointed office; as Mr Obama pointed out, no one has been more qualified to serve as president. Equally, it is hard to think of anyone less suited than her rival. Faced with an occasion he could rise to, he invariably lowers the tone instead.
By normal standards, and despite some lingering and vocal resentment from supporters of Mr Sanders, this has been a successful convention: neatly choreographed with clear and consistent messages. Having won her party’s nomination, she now fights for the nation’s trust. Supporters have had to portray a potential commander-in-chief as a hug-loving, kiss-blowing grandmother – and, most tellingly, as “a girl” – to counter perceptions of successful women as less likeable. An experienced political hand, the prospective Democrat successor to a two-term Democrat president, is recast as “the best darn change-maker”.

Mrs Clinton’s team has deeper pockets and should be able to count on an efficient on-the-ground campaign. But neither the media nor politicians have yet fathomed how to challenge Trumpian “post-truth” politics and address the suspicion, fear and rage fuelling his rise, and their causes. Framing and messaging are not enough, and nor is the promise of sober proficiency. Her choice of Tim Kaine as her running mate is pragmatic but uninspiring.

Mrs Clinton must convince the public that there are reasons to vote for her, and not simply against Mr Trump. She acknowledged that her party hasn’t shown “that we get what you’re going through, and that we’re going to do something about it”. It was reassuring that she talked policy too, including a pledge to introduce the biggest jobs program since the second world war in her first 100 days and to invest in infrastructure projects. The oddity of today’s politics, and the broadly felt concerns behind them, means that policies pressed on her by the leftwing insurgency – notably opposition to the Obama administration’s Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal – may sway some of those tempted to back her rival.

Britain has already seen how understandable anger and estrangement from traditional politics can fuel a hunt for scapegoats, and convince voters there is no point playing it safe when you have nothing to lose. Opponents of Brexit woke up to the threat far too late. The US cannot afford a similar error. Mrs Clinton’s speech was a good start, but there is a long way to go in a few short months.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/29/the-guardian-view-on-hillary-clinton-fit-for-the-job-but-is-she-fit-for-the-contest

In Britain teachers are expected to know the difference between an ordinary news item that reports what Trump said, and an opinion piece.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 01:54 am
Anyone who has studied 20th Century History in even the most cursory way knows that WW2 wasn\\\'t started by standing up to dictators, but by appeasing them. Appeasing Putin is the beginning, the middle, and end of Trump\\\'s foreign policy.

Btw, A2K is playing up, those aren\'t my backslashes.
0 Replies