Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 02:40 pm
You're all heart Kristie
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 02:45 pm
Kristie wrote:

I say, eye for an eye.

I've always thought, we should re-introduce either the ancient Babylonian, biblical, Roman or Islamic law.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 02:50 pm
Fedral wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Viable for whom?

Viable, in my opinion, for the good of society.
I know I wouldn't want these sickos running around my nieces and nephews.

Fair point, if most of the sickos in question are known. But cases of child abuse happen within the family and its circle of friends, and never get reported, that's not a realistic assumption. Your rhetoric is impressive, but if it became the law, it would create an enormous disincentive for pedophiles to come forward about their condition, and an enormous incentive for them to shut up their victims.

Do you honestly believe that would be an improvement over currrent laws?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 02:50 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
You're all heart Kristie

I know. :wink:

But in all seriousness, I don't know the answer to this. If I did, I'd be president or something. Point is, I couldn't ever feel sorry for anyone who got his pee pee in the wringer because he was dipping it somewhere it never should have been.

What I do know is that the punishment methods that currently exist don't work. They don't deter. If they did, crime would no longer exist, because people would be too afraid to do anything.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 02:56 pm
Have any of you every heard of a group called NAMBLA? It stands for the North American Man/Boy Love Association. These animals have literature that promotes the sexual abuse of young children, especially boys. This sick group is being sued by a father whose son was killed by a man who was a member of NAMBLA. Can anyone guess who is defending this group in court? I'll answer that one later. The point is that this group hasn't been shut down yet and is still able to spread their filth of abusing children.

I agree with those that have said castration is a good punishment for these people who are caught. Don't give them drugs because it costs too much money and they will demand the govt pay for it. I propose the death penalty for those that have killed children to prevent the crime from being found out.

A few cases in point.

Danielle van Dam

Samantha Runnion

Edward Harvey Stokes
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 03:00 pm
Baldimo, NAMBLA is a disgusting organization. I am geussing that your link to their now offshore site will be pulled, as it is not supported here, for good reason.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 03:03 pm
baldimo please stop trying to politicize this disgusting organization and subject. We know you're one bad ass conservative, okay?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 03:09 pm
Kristie wrote:

What I do know is that the punishment methods that currently exist don't work. They don't deter. If they did, crime would no longer exist, because people would be too afraid to do anything.

That arises the question about the purpose of legal punishment: following the deterrence argument or the retributivist argument (egalitarianism/ Lex Talionis or proportional equivalency) ... ?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 03:13 pm
I just feel that some people, who are capable of certain crimes....become, in my mind, no longer truly human, therefore they should be treated as any other pest.

You wouldn't think twice about calling Orkin to rid yourself of termites, roaches or a yellow jackets nest, and to me, the types of people who commit these crimes transform themselves in my mind to non human parasites and pests, therefore.....they should just go. Nothing personal....you just gotta go........
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 03:18 pm
Well, seems this is a matter of ... different systems.

The Human Rights are part our constitution, and our Basic Law (constitution) starts with "Human dignity shall be inviolable."
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 03:22 pm
Kristie wrote:

If this was true, the logical conclusion would be to abolish punishment altogether. After all, administration of justice is expensive, and assuming it doesn't workanyway, we could at least save the money. Either that, or there is something wrong with what you're saying.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 04:04 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
baldimo please stop trying to politicize this disgusting organization and subject. We know you're one bad ass conservative, okay?

It has nothing to do with politicizing the subject. It has to do with letting people know how far this has gone and what these sick people are doing and promoting. I know it is disgusting but it must be known and I'm not going to assume that everyone knows about this group. When a group like the ACLU is trying to protect them it is a matter of making sure people know the full truth. How can we discuss the possible consequences of punishment without knowing how far some are going to make this legal.

cavfancier wrote:
Baldimo, NAMBLA is a disgusting organization. I am geussing that your link to their now offshore site will be pulled, as it is not supported here, for good reason.

For this to be pulled would to make it seem like it doesn't exist and people should be aware that a group like this is active within the US.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 04:12 pm
I've got a minute to waste....the ACLU protects the right of the organization to exist....but does not condone the actions of the group........If I start an organization to gather people who like to **** on the altar at church I have a right to do so.....I do not have a right to break into churches and **** on the altar......see the difference there?

NAMBLA is disgusting.... attempting to make the ACLU disgusting because they defend their right to be scumbags if they want to be is politicizing.....end of story........
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 04:19 pm
I'm confused, why shouldn't people be allowed to look like Marlon Brando?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 04:46 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I've got a minute to waste....the ACLU protects the right of the organization to exist....but does not condone the actions of the group........If I start an organization to gather people who like to **** on the altar at church I have a right to do so.....I do not have a right to break into churches and **** on the altar......see the difference there?

NAMBLA is disgusting.... attempting to make the ACLU disgusting because they defend their right to be scumbags if they want to be is politicizing.....end of story........
Isn't protecting someones right to be a scumbag the same as supporting their cause? I don't see the difference here.
0 Replies

Chuckster

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 04:51 pm
That's It Cav! Your Birthday present is Google! Do a search on Google and report your findings to us in a whiz bang report. OK?
PS: Did you get my greetings?

PS: Is that a Camel Toe in your little Yellow Suit?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 04:56 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Isn't protecting someones right to be a scumbag the same as supporting their cause? I don't see the difference here.

No it's not the same. I don't support your marrying the woman I'm in love with, but I'd protect your right to do so. I don't support your writing posts I disagree with, but I'd protect your right to do so if the moderators would arbitrarily pull them. By the same logic, I'm not supporting NAMBLA by protecting their right to be scumbags.

Frankly I don't understand your logic of considering "protecting the right to do X" the same as "supporting X".
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 05:24 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I expect nothing different....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 06:40 pm
Chuckster wrote:
That's It Cav! Your Birthday present is Google! Do a search on Google and report your findings to us in a whiz bang report. OK?
PS: Did you get my greetings?

PS: Is that a Camel Toe in your little Yellow Suit?

Keep fighting the good fight there, Chuckster.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:54 pm
We actually have some camels in a neighboring town...
young ones.

(that was not meant to be tempting)

I am as angry as anyone else about pedophilia but am not enthusiastic about the dramatic retributive aspect of surgical castration. I'm more interested in the preventative aspect of "chemical castration", presumably for offenders who have done their time but are time bombs to let out in the community. I am not sure what I think about it, but am interested in data on if it works, etc.
0 Replies