Castrating paedophiles...

CerealKiller

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:23 am
Are we talking "chemical" or "physical" ?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 07:50 am
cavfancier wrote:
Thomas, yes, you have the right definition, there are just a couple of different spellings for the word. Part of what goes to the call to castrate these people is overwhelming evidence that they cannot be rehabilitated through jail or therapy.

How overwhelming is the evidence that other measures than jail and psychiatry -- castration, registration, you name it -- cause fewer children to be assaulted? To me, this seems to be the only test that counts.

cavfancier wrote:
Many justify their disease by trying to say that the children 'wanted it', which is, of course, psycho-sexual deflection by the abuser, to assuage any feelings of guilt or immorality.

Certainly that's not a valid excuse for the pedophile -- age of consent and all that -- but I doubt this is always a lie. As I remember my own childhood, I was definitely interested in naked women when I was eight or nine, and if I had had the opportunity to sleep with one of them, I would have probably been interested.

cavfancier wrote:
There are many accounts of pedophiles going to prison, to be beaten, raped, abused, killed sometimes, because even hardened criminals who are not pedophiles hate them.

Perhaps so, but I'm not so sure about the "hate them" part; prehaps your image of murderers and rapists is too idealistic in this regard. I'd think that since these people are murderers and rapists anyway, they get a kick out of doing it again. Raping and killing pedophiles is a convenient way for them to do it because nobody will defend them. It is the low risk that attracts them, not their righteous anger. (Not that the two are mutually exclusive.)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 08:55 am
I actually agree with you on every point Thomas, except on some minor technical points. Pedophiles by definition abuse children younger than the age of consent, which therefore makes them the figure of power, and the child an innocent. They use this power to satisfy their needs, and yes, there is no valid excuse for it. They know the child is vulnerable, and it's punishable by law.

The majority of pedophiles are men, who prey both on young boys and girls. Female pedophiles are rare. I in know way idealize the actions of any rapist or murderer. I just find it interesting how even in the criminal world there is a heirarchy of sorts, however base.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 08:56 am
This is one of my hot buttons. I say just kill 'em.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 08:58 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

That would be kinder than castration. Thanks for bringing it up. :wink:
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 09:02 am
and cheaper than the state(read: taxpayers) paying for the procedure and either paying for their incarceration or assigning them to a case worker......we've got to conserve every penny....there's a war on ya know.....
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 10:01 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I don't usually respond to Bear to keep tensions down, But I agree.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 10:27 am
I'll alert the media......
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 11:41 am
This a moment in history. McG, BPB and myself all agree on something. I was just trying to be polite.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 11:50 am
cavfancier wrote:
This a moment in history. McG, BPB and myself all agree on something. I was just trying to be polite.

Now I KNOW the Apocolypse is upon us!

Run for the hills, repent now. Laughing

In any event, I think chemical castration is fine, provided it can be guaranteed that the individual is getting their meds...

Physical castration is another matter.

I believe that we can end someones life through execution if the jury decides that, but physically maiming someone and leaving them alive is wrong. (Too much like losing your hand for stealing ala Saudi Arabia)

I still think execution is a viable punishment for pedos, but it will never sell in the judicial system.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 11:53 am
Fedral wrote:
I still think execution is a viable punishment for pedos, but it will never sell in the judicial system.

I any, I want to add - or, only, if we loose democracy and civilisation completely.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 11:55 am
Never knowing how much to reveal on line..and how others will react to statements i make..this subject hits me in my gut...being a victim of sexual abuse as a child...but i am not sure that execution is the answer..or physical castration...the only thing that would satisfy me is if i was the one allowed to do the castrating...and i struggle everyday with how guilty that makes me feel..
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 12:02 pm
Thanks for your input, willow_tl!

I know someone very, very well, who was abused by her father as child.
And, of course, I know (knew, is dead by now) her father, too.

She never thaught such, just was abhorring him.
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 12:28 pm
Castration is not only considered cruel punishment, but it doesn't work as well as "chemical castration."

Achieving an erection according to Masters and Johnson is learned behavior. To think that castrating a fellow after learning that behavior will "put him out of commision" is medically naive.

May we have a discussion about the compulsory de-floration of maiden aunts?

Any volunteers?

Is this what one refers to as a gruatuitous thread? Or is this a vital issue, like getting a two thirds majority in both houses to worry the subject of Gay Marriage?
0 Replies

padmasambava

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 12:32 pm
From the look of it six months ago a pedophile might have been welcomed at Abu Ghraib to defend our National Security.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 01:23 pm
**I'll disclose right now that my post will not be polite and PC. This is not a polite topic. So I apologize in advance for any offence I may give. **

Cut 'em off. Throw 'em out. Grind 'em up.

Sick, perverted, unnatural, demented, abhorrent people do this to innocent children and f**k them up for the rest of their lives. I don't criticize or blame willow one bit for her feelings. Put yourself in the situation of having the man you trust most in your life do this to you. Makes you look at things a little differently. Maybe it is "inhumane" but what I find far more inhumane is that anyone would stick up for these people! And to say this is a sickness and that they can't help it is just wrong. It may be a mental disorder but come on. "I can't help but touch my 5 year old"....bullshit. This makes me physically sick. You may not be able to control your feelings but you CAN control your actions.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 01:27 pm
Go get 'em, Kristie!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 01:38 pm
eoe wrote:
Go get 'em, Kristie!

I'd love to. Prision would seem like a Disney movie. Shocked
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 01:38 pm
Even though I look upon execution as a viable punishment for these people, I do have just one question...

Has anyone ever figured why these sickos are attracted to children?

I mean, I am as fond of the opposite sex as the next guy (No offence meant to our homosexual brothers and sisters), but I just don't understand?

Is this a power/control thing like rape or is there something wrong with their brains?

I mean, I am considered wierd by my friends because I love big women, but at least I can define what it is about those women that sexually arouses me, but children? ... I just don't get it.

THESE are my kind of women (Note the word WOMEN as in ADULT!)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 01:40 pm
I stick by my original post on page one in response to the question 'discuss'. I think the problem with this thread is mixed issues. We have the hot button: pedophilia, which is disgusting, and almost universally abhorred, despite some of it's apologists, who are sickos themselves. Next, we have this legal issue in Britain calling for the castration of pedophiles, or is it all sex offenders? Here we need some clarification. While agrote may be opposed to the possibility of this idea becoming law, the way the question is framed does come off as somehow defending pedophiles, which I absolutely know he is not doing. Then, we have the issue of execution, and the morality of it. This could be three seperate threads. For me, regarding pedophiles, the bottom line is, let 'em hang. If we want a proper debate on the proposed law in England, we need some sources, and expansion on the topic.
0 Replies