Griping...

urs53

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 12:34 pm
Interesting reading... I don't want to comment on anybody.

However, Pitter, I want you to know that I am also enjoying your stories, I think a lot about what you are saying, your problems, the different life... even if I don't always answer to your posts...

Please keep writing!
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Sat 18 Sep, 2004 09:41 pm
Thank you Urs I should post the good stuff too like today was "El Dia Del Amor" or Colombian Valentines Day and I sent my wife a big bouquet with roses, Birds of Paradise and another species of heliconia. She in turn gave me a new "modern" pair of jeans. My gringo atire is outdated here.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Sun 19 Sep, 2004 05:46 pm
Oh well
cavfancier wrote:
Debra, I have enjoyed your posts in the legal forums, and I do like your sense of humour. However, when it comes to relationships and marriage, please don't make me dig up your own posts and pass judgement.

Cavfancier:

I haven't said anything that is untrue. People who harbor grudges against their spouses should open their eyes a little, soften their hearts, and let go of their gripes and petty criticisms. If anything is disgusting, self-righteous, or hypocritical, it is the pain and hurt that people cause to the people they profess to love.

Selfishness, inconsideration, griping, pettiness, etc., all chip away at a relationship. That's the truth. You can condemn me for speaking the truth--I don't care. Kill the messenger if you must, but that doesn't make the truth disappear. You can condemn me for recommending that people treat their imperfect partners with unconditional love. And finally, there's a difference between an imperfect partner and an abusive partner--I would never advise anyone to accept abuse.

Certainly, you can dig through my threads, twist my words, and turn my love and my concerns for my son, my friend, and my friend's family into something disgusting. If that will give you satisfaction or a sense of vindication, go for it.
0 Replies