How will Trump handle losing the election?

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2016 07:25 pm
Back to the OP:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/aug/01/donald-trump/donald-trumps-pants-fire-claim-clinton-democrats-r/
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 08:27 am
There is a means by which Trump could take himself out of the race.

First, let me preface this with my assumption that Trump doesn't want the job. He wants the status, the alpha-male position and imagery, but that's probably all he wants. He won't want to get up at 5 or 6 to listen to briefings. He won't want to be up until 11 reading the necessary material for the job. He won't want to listen to others, foreign or domestic, talk and talk and talk. He just doesn't give a damn about any of that stuff. If he didn't know that when he started his candidacy, he surely knows it now.

So getting out of this might just be his preference because if he stays in there are the two great negative risks: he loses to a woman, he wins and has four years of utter misery.

So his way out might be to ensure he's pushed out. And that might match his behavior over the last while. If pushed out (and he might not even be clear in his mind about how this might come about) or if the claim he's been pushed out seems to him to be one he can convince people of, then that could protect his ego and brand. He doesn't give a damn about the party and he doesn't give a damn about the nation.
snood

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 09:15 am
@blatham,
Very good analysis, I think. I agree across the board. My sport will be in watching to see if he can back out intact (hope not), and watching the GOP to see how they recover (almost hope they don't, but the republic needs at least two viable parties to function).
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 10:02 am
@blatham,
The problem with briefing Trump is the simple fact that his perception of what he hears will be misinterpreted.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 03:54 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I wonder if Trump will pass the information on to his buddy Putin?
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 03:56 pm
@RABEL222,
I think Putin has already figured out Trump is not reliable.
farmerman

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 03:59 pm
@snood,
the longer they wait, the less likely a candidate can be successful. their entire teabag base will dessicate
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 04:07 pm
@farmerman,
Here's an interesting article by snopes on the tea baggers.
http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/mosttrusted.asp
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 04:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I can barely abide that Trumpet is briefed. I hope it is brief.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 04:09 pm
@ossobucotemp,
It's okay. It boosts his ego. If he releases confidential information, he will be charged with a federal crime.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 04:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I think Putin has already figured out Trump is not reliable.

Maybe not reliable, but definitely convenient.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2016 04:17 pm
@roger,
I'm batting zero.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/28/politics/donald-trump-russia-putin/
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2016 02:22 pm
The loss of this election would then put Hillary, in my opinion, into the position of trying to explain, to a portion of the country, that America is already great. However, wasn't it Margaret Thatcher and Golda Meier that had wars during their term in office? Was that due to enemies thinking a woman is not amenable to a war? I think Hillary will have to use a stronger hair coloring after a year or two in office.

Personally, I think it would be hilarious if the media showed Trump playing golf with Putin, as Hillary was enmeshed in one world crises after another. Actually, how can anyone think Trump could be a loser; just look at his family. It goes back to the early bird catches the worm (Trump's grandfather was building buildings in Brooklyn, while Hillary's family was doing what? It's always nice to have a few billion dollars to help one forget a bump in the road.)
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2016 09:38 am
If present trends continue (a big if) then Hillary is going to win by margins similar to Obama in 2008.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2016 12:56 am
How will Trump handle it? He's going to throw himself out of a 100th floor luxury window and make a YUUUUGE splat, the yugest splat ever made on a New York sidewalk.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2016 07:24 am
Maybe he will just pretend to be president over in his post office he remolded.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2016 07:26 am
@revelette2,
Lose? He will not lose. He will win, or he will have been cheated. He will sit on his golden throne at 3:00 AM and tweet about his outrage.
revelette2

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2016 07:26 am
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
I can barely abide that Trumpet is briefed. I hope it is brief.

I am with you on that one. Maybe they should change how do these things in the future?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2016 08:00 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Lose? He will not lose. He will win, or he will have been cheated. He will sit on his golden throne at 3:00 AM and tweet about his outrage.

Yup,it's no matter if he loses, or how badly he loses - because now we are stuck with Donald Trump as a presidential candidate in our national psyche forever.
Way to go, USA.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2016 02:36 pm
@snood,
I wonder how much of the briefings he received were passed on to his buddy Putin?
0 Replies