How will Trump handle losing the election?

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2016 04:26 pm
@snood,
Hillary has a 11 point lead. That's a very high mountain for Donald to climb with his comment about women. Women, Hispanics and Blacks are voting for Hillary. Even if Donald prays, there's no way for him to catch up.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2016 05:15 pm

Self-immolation sounds about right. I'll donate the matches and a bottle of 151.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2016 05:17 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Trump will say it was 'rigged.' He was cheated. The national media was against him. He has high respect for women.

Women aren't buying it.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2016 05:42 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Self-immolation sounds about right. I'll donate the matches and a bottle of 151.

I'd bring marshmallows to roast
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2016 06:29 pm
@snood,
I haven't eaten marshmallows in a long time. Glee is possible.

0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2016 06:32 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

bobsal u1553115 wrote:

I'd bring marshmallows to roast

Just make sure Trump isnt left in a room with large door knobs and he will be fine if he loses.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2016 10:51 pm
@snood,

interchange between bobsal and snood:

bobsal u1553115 wrote:

snood: I'd bring marshmallows to roast

Sounds like fun, I'll meet you there with Hershey bars and graham crackers, snood.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 06:28 am

What a mean-spirited thread this has turned into.

When Hillary loses, do you guys think Chelsea will cry?
revelette2

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 06:35 am
@oralloy,

Quote:

pot meet kettle in a big way
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 06:36 am
@snood,
Don't forget to forget the fire extinguishers!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 07:33 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

See, here's the thing (and the fact that I'm explaining it presupposes you just ain't gonna get it)...
Part of the essence of humor is exaggeration. None of us are ACTUALLY wanting to soak Trump in lighter fluid and burn him, or roast marshmallows on him, or hide the fire extinguishers. Conjuring up that image to express our distaste for the toad of a person is FUNNY.

Chelsea's mother losing the election causing her to cry because it would be a hurtful thing is something that could conceivably happen. It's NOT FUNNY.

You get it? Probably not, huh?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 10:48 am
@snood,
Now explain ethics or empathy to him.
snood

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 10:50 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Now explain ethics or empathy to him.

I'm a pretty good teacher, but you can't get blood from a stone.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 12:23 pm
@oralloy,
So tell us again how Trump will demolish Hillary ..who is now ahead by double digits) aNd usher in 20 years of GOP dominance til Dems purge liberals. HA. May be 20 years before thers a serious GOP contender. Gget ready fotr a
Landslide confirmtion of Eliz Warren to
SCOTUS

maporsche

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 12:28 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

Get ready for a landslide confirmation of Elizabeth Warren to SCOTUS.

That would be wonderful!
snood

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 12:32 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

MontereyJack wrote:

Get ready for a landslide confirmation of Elizabeth Warren to SCOTUS.

That would be wonderful!

I just can't imagine the tea party turds allowing that. It would be a definitive victory for liberals. But yes, it would be marvelous.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 01:49 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
So tell us again how Trump will demolish Hillary ..who is now ahead by double digits) aNd usher in 20 years of GOP dominance til Dems purge liberals. HA. May be 20 years before thers a serious GOP contender. Gget ready fotr a
Landslide confirmtion of Eliz Warren to
SCOTUS
My hope is that Hillary Clinton serves 8 years as our president. I also hope that Elizabeth Warren follows Hillary Clinton 8 years with her own 8 years as president. Even though Elizabeth Warren would make a wonderful supreme court justice, I would much prefer her serving as president after Hillary Clinton's two terms are up. Save SCOTUS for someone else.
oralloy

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 03:36 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
So tell us again how Trump will demolish Hillary ..

I'll repeat it again since it has been awhile. But if you are going to pull a snood and ask the same question over and over without ever comprehending the answer, I'm not going to keep repeating myself.

The 2013 gun control debacle resulted in Mr. Obama wasting all of his second term's political capital in a fruitless tantrum against the NRA.

The direct result of that is that he had no political capital to accomplish any other legislation in his second term.

The direct result of that is that it is now been a long six years since Mr. Obama has gotten any legislation passed.

The direct result of that is that the voters now have a VERY strong desire to change which party is in charge in the White House.

The direct result of that will be Mr. Trump's election.

So far, every step in my prediction except for the last one has happened exactly as I said. We'll see if the last step occurs on election day.

MontereyJack wrote:
who is now ahead by double digits

IF Hillary does manage to get elected despite the voters' overwhelming desire for change, she will have to decide whether she wants to repeat the 2013 gun control debacle.

The NRA is as strong as ever, and if Hillary wants us to wreck her presidency just like we wrecked Mr. Obama's, we are more than able to do that for her.

If Hillary does decide to wreck her presidency in a repeat of the 2013 gun control debacle, that will mean in 2020 it will have been ten years since Hillary or Obama will have gotten anything done. In that case, the strong headwinds for change in this election will look like a light breeze.

And IF Hillary wins in this election, it will be because Mr. Trump's flaws allowed her to counter the very strong headwinds for change. She won't be facing Mr. Trump in 2020 when the headwinds for change will be even stronger yet.

On the other hand maybe Hillary, IF she is elected, will have the wisdom to not pick a fight with the NRA. If so, she'll be far wiser than Mr. Obama, and maybe she'll be a successful president.

MontereyJack wrote:
aNd usher in 20 years of GOP dominance til Dems purge liberals.

That prediction is specific to Mr. Trump winning. It does not apply to other possible Republican presidents (unless they are following his legacy by continuing his policies). If Mr. Trump becomes president, his anti-trade policies will prove so popular with the working class that the Democrats will have no way to win against him.

To put it another way, think of how popular Hugo Chavez was (and still is) in Venezuela. If Mr. Trump is elected, his anti-trade policies will make him America's Hugo Chavez.

MontereyJack wrote:
May be 20 years before thers a serious GOP contender.

IF Hillary is elected in 2016, she can guarantee a Republican victory in 2020 just by picking a big fight with the NRA.

I just described this in detail a few paragraphs up in this same post. No need to repeat I hope.

MontereyJack wrote:
Gget ready fotr a Landslide confirmtion of Eliz Warren to SCOTUS.

IF Hillary is elected, the Republicans will still control both the House and the Senate.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 03:47 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
The 2013 gun control debacle resulted in Mr. Obama wasting all of his second term's political capital in a fruitless tantrum against the NRA.

Why don't you explain to us what that tantrum was against the NRA?
glitterbag

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2016 03:49 pm
The only gun control debacle in 2013 occurred in your own empty noggin. So that sentence and all the fanciful ones after it are utter crap.