How will Trump handle losing the election?

glitterbag

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 11:19 pm
@blatham,
I hope not, but just to be on the safe side I always keep my goldfish vaccinated against the dreaded disease. Now, if we could just find a vaccination for 'dumb as a doorknob' folks. Now THAT would BE something.
roger

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 11:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I have cards from both. I canceled AMEX after you mentioned how much you had received from while I was paying an annual fee. Hope they both stick around.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 12:25 am
@glitterbag,
That seems prudent to me. I was just wondering if a person's goldfish got rabies, what the hell would you do? Take the bowl out into the middle of main street and then shoot it? From a safe distance, of course. This has been troubling me.

Dumb people? We don't have them up here in Canada. We built a wall.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 02:01 am
@blatham,
\"blatham\" wrote:
Dumb people? We don\'t have them up here in Canada. We built a wall.

I know.

http://brickingitforcanada.com/
glitterbag

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 02:15 am
@blatham,
\\\"blatham\\\" wrote:

That seems prudent to me. I was just wondering if a person\\\'s goldfish got rabies, what the hell would you do? Take the bowl out into the middle of main street and then shoot it? From a safe distance, of course. This has been troubling me.

Dumb people? We don\\\'t have them up here in Canada. We built a wall.

First, I\\\'m not sure, I\\\'d better call my vet and see what would be the most suitable and sanitary places to shoot your rabid goldfish.

Second, I had a giddy minute when I thought Scott Baio was from Canada, but he\\\'s not.....maybe you don\\\'t have any dumb people in Canada. Would you like a few????

0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 06:31 am
@blatham,
\"blatham\" wrote:

Dumb people? We don\'t have them up here in Canada. We built a wall.

That\'s just not true. I know many Canadians and I interact with quite a few on A2K and I know that your statement is false.
blatham

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 09:38 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
That\'s just not true.

Ya don't say.
snood

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 09:54 am
@blatham,
I can't tell - doesn't he know you were kidding?
glitterbag

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 11:21 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

I can't tell - doesn't he know you were kidding?

Why do you think he has a sense of humor?
snood

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 11:29 am
@glitterbag,
I don't know... I keep looking for indications of similarity to humans.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 11:35 am
@snood,
Sighhhhhhhhh!!
farmerman

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 12:44 pm
@glitterbag,
Mc G is an employee of a govt agency and govt agencies do not have a sense of humor of which they are aware
snood

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 12:47 pm
@farmerman,
I guess if they wanted him to have a sense of humor they'd issue him one.
farmerman

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 01:12 pm
@snood,
only if he properly requested a sense of humor (SOH) (CFR 1429) and disclosed its usage as a function of his total hours on the job.
Time sheets must be completed and filed to the departments LAN by Friday morning of each workweek. The estimated usage of said SOH for th period including the Friday of the immediate week proceeding will, of course be recognized as a "best estimate" for that week. Any modifications regarding "rel time of SOH expenditures v those hours estimated for time sheet purposes will be rectified by an inclusion on a "Hourly recovery estimate (HRE) including all attached Wo no.s and task breakdown structures (TBS's) of relevant project work orders, this will be accomplished within the following weeks Time SHeets.

0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 01:33 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Mc G is an employee of a govt agency and govt agencies do not have a sense of humor of which they are aware

This is also untrue.
farmerman

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 02:14 pm
@McGentrix,
I thought you stated so long ago? Change jobs or was I just wrong? If Im wrong, I have no reason to explain youre lqck of a sense of humor.
Perhaps its congenital. Are you German?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 02:17 pm

At Trump hotel opening, cable news channels refuse to be ‘played’ again
By Callum Borchers September 16

We wrote six weeks ago about journalists' complaint that they got "played" by Donald Trump, who turned an expected news conference into an advertisement for his new Washington hotel. Trump dragged his press corps back to the hotel for a grand opening on Wednesday, but this time all three major cable news stations refused to air the event live.
trump hotel not covered2

Reporters noted the difference in coverage.

None of the cable networks — Fox News, MSNBC, and CNN — are carrying Donald Trump live as he opens his DC hotel.

— Matt Viser (@mviser) October 26, 2016

Amusing: cable news totally bailing on Trump hotel thing. Fool me once, I guess...

— Kai Ryssdal (@kairyssdal) October 26, 2016

After not taking Trump hotel opening, MSNBC is taking Hillary rally live

— Hadas Gold (@Hadas_Gold) October 26, 2016

The original post from September follows:

Sometimes Matt Drudge is ridiculous. And sometimes he is right on.

Yup.

As Chris Cillizza wrote, Donald Trump's "birther" news conference Friday turned out to be one big trick. The Republican presidential nominee lured the media to his new hotel in Washington with the promise of a "major statement" about his longtime suggestion that President Obama might not have been born in the United States. Then, with every cable news network carrying his event live, Trump talked about the grandiosity of his high-end lodging, trotted out military dignitaries to vouch for his fabulousness, and finally said this: "President Obama was born in the United States. Period."

No elaboration. No apology. No questions. The only thing Trump added was a false assertion that "Hillary Clinton and her campaign of 2008 started the birther controversy."

Journalists got played, and they knew it.

Guys, I think we got played

— Josh Lederman (@joshledermanAP) September 16, 2016

Media got played. If only there were a way for TV news to record events without broadcasting them live. Oh what's that? There is?

— Jose A. DelReal (@jdelreal) September 16, 2016

Well that was extraordinarily well played by Trump, who got a massive free infomercial in return for saying Obama was born in America.

— Seth Mandel (@SethAMandel) September 16, 2016

“We got played, again, by the Trump campaign.” — John King just now on CNN.

— Matt Viser (@mviser) September 16, 2016

He played us. Got easy 25-mins of airtime with vets promoting him. But he'll get hammered in online content for it. https://t.co/Uo3pDVFarL

— David Catanese (@davecatanese) September 16, 2016

Obviously the best response for all the journalists who just got played by going to a Trump promo is to get played again by going on a tour.

— Edward-Isaac Dovere (@IsaacDovere) September 16, 2016

"We all got Rick-rolled and played," @jaketapper on CNN right now

— Joshua Green (@JoshuaGreen) September 16, 2016

Why did Trump wait to address "birther" issue today? "To promote his hotel," says @MajorCBS https://t.co/foe0fWmngh pic.twitter.com/p7XRkpDMtM

— CBS News (@CBSNews) September 16, 2016

(Update: Politico reports that fed-up television networks agreed to pull a shared camera out of a post-event tour of Trump’s hotel, after the campaign barred reporters from joining. Trump apparently wanted only photographers and videographers to take the tour, presumably so that images of his gleaming facility could not be accompanied by critical words.)

Since the beginning of Trump's campaign for the White House, critics inside and outside the media have complained about the volume of coverage devoted to the former reality TV star — specifically the frequent airing of live events.

Fox News Channel's Megyn Kelly said in April that she and her producers stopped showing Trump rallies live on her prime-time program because — despite their entertainment value — the events were not newsworthy in their entirety. "We also have to worry about our souls and journalism," Kelly told Katie Couric at a women's conference.

CNN President Jeff Zucker, however, has consistently defended the level of Trump coverage.

"I actually reject that premise that we've given too much attention to him," Zucker said at a lunch meeting with reporters in March.

5-Minute Fix newsletter

Keeping up with politics is easy now.

In any case, there is a difference between a rally and a news conference — or at least, there ought to be. While networks might rightly be criticized for airing rallies that they know will be purely promotional, they should be able to take the word of a campaign operating in good faith that a news conference will focus on, well, news.

The trouble, in this case, is that the Trump campaign did not operate in good faith in its billing of Friday's event. While many journalists lamented how they were used by Trump, NBC's Kelly O'Donnell took a more optimistic view.

Any "media being played" argument omits this: voters got to see & can evaluate Trump misstate facts, evade questions and self-promote

— Kelly O'Donnell (@KellyO) September 16, 2016

That is indeed what voters "got to see." Perhaps the whole episode will backfire on Trump.

But so far in this campaign, things haven't really worked out that way.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/16/media-on-donald-trump-birther-news-conference-we-got-played/?postshare=5831477502196126&tid=ss_tw

Just for McG:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/16/media-on-donald-trump-birther-news-conference-we-got-played/?postshare=5831477502196126&tid=ss_tw
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 02:21 pm
Like opening a Supermarket no? Who really G-A-S?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 02:23 pm
@McGentrix,
I thumbed it up because it was funny even if it wasn't taking place in a locker room.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2016 02:24 pm
@blatham,
If you did, I missed it and its well worth the reprise.
0 Replies