How will Trump handle losing the election?

parados

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 02:47 pm
@Krumple,
The only thing cracked is you Krumple.

The Clintons are acquainted with tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands through their connections. That some of them end up dead in accidents is not the fault of the Clintons. It is a fact of life that people die.

Claiming everyone that dies must know something is not a conspiracy on the part of the Clintons. It is a conspiracy pushed by unintelligent people like yourself.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 06:51 pm
Winner of our very prestigious "Har Dee Har Har" award for the day.

"GOPers Threaten TV Stations With Lawsuits For Ads Tying Them To Trump"
http://bit.ly/2eifGMM

If you associate my name with the leader of my party, you are defaming me!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 08:23 pm
Get this! Now the fraud shyster is saying the United States taxpayer will pay for his "wall" - and he will get Mexico to reimburse!

Trump Now Says US Will Pay For Border Wall, Get Reimbursed By Mexico

Donald Trump has said repeatedly throughout his campaign that he plans to build a wall along the border with Mexico to keep out illegal immigrants — and that Mexico will pay for it.

However, as Hillary Clinton noted during Wednesday's debate, Trump failed to bring this up at a recent meeting with Mexico President Enrique Peña Nieto. "He choked," Clinton said.

Now, Trump has changed his tune somewhat. Speaking in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, on Saturday, Trump said his proposed "End Illegal Immigration Act" would "fully fund the wall ... with the full understanding that the country of Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such a wall."

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/johnwright/trump_now_says_us_will_pay_for_border_wall_but_mexico_would_reimburse_us
0 Replies

NSFW (view)
glitterbag

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2016 09:43 pm
@McGentrix,
I'm pretty sure he's been bragging about his perverted instincts. He wasn't accused be was very forthcoming about his boundary issues. He is such a major predator are you really surprised he would try to appear he was so much in charge he could pretend to group a former President????
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 05:43 am
"ART OF THE SCAM" Trump’s Donors Paid For His Jetliner, His Hotels And Now, His Books
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_580e7b09e4b02444efa4e7c4

Trump’s Donors Paid For His Jetliner, His Hotels And Now, His Books
Nearly $300,000 of small donations went to “Art of the Deal” publisher.

WASHINGTON ― Donald Trump used small donors’ money to buy nearly $300,000 worth of books from the publisher of his Art of the Deal last month, continuing a pattern of plowing campaign money back into his own businesses.

The Oct. 15 Federal Election Commission filing for Trump Make America Great Again Committee does not specify which books in particular were purchased, but the committee’s own website suggests it was Trump’s 1987 business bestseller.

“I’ve signed an out-of-print, hardcover copy of ‘The Art of the Deal’ just for you, because I want you on board with Team Trump!” Trump wrote in an Aug. 2 fundraising email, which went on to offer the book for a minimum donation of $184.

Trump’s statement calling the book “out-of-print,” repeated on the committee’s website, however, is false. The Art of the Deal had a new paperback edition printed last October, and the hardcover is currently in print and available from Random House and retail booksellers. Barnes and Noble, for example, sells it for $22.35.

http://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/scalefit_630_noupscale/580e82ac1a000071285bb807.jpeg

SNIP
Trump’s staff has defended his decisions to spend more at his own businesses rather than use less-expensive alternatives by pointing out that he is contributing $2 million a month to his own campaign.

That $2 million figure, however, is dwarfed by the many tens of millions of dollars per month coming to Trump’s campaign from both large and small donors.

More at Link...

A good but sickening read and I hope somewhere in all of this, there is someone with the proper authority creds to put a stop to the bull **** of Donal J Trump.
blatham

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 01:06 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Can't recall if I've noted this great piece by Rick Perlstein on the long history of con jobs running through the right wing universe. Definitely worth your time.
http://thebaffler.com/salvos/the-long-con
blatham

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 01:38 pm
Here's a first. I am going to recommend something written by Matthew Continetti as essential reading. There's stuff here to challenge but for the most part he gets it right.

“There are conservatives whose game it is to quote English poetry and utter neo-Madisonian benedictions over the interests and institutions of establishment liberalism,” Kevin Phillips wrote in Commentary, clearly rebuking Will. “Then there are other conservatives—many I know—who have more in common with Andrew Jackson than with Edmund Burke. Their hope is to build cultural siege-cannon out of the populist steel of Idaho, Mississippi, and working-class Milwaukee, and then blast the Eastern liberal establishment to ideo-institutional smithereens.” In two sentences Phillips repudiated the cornerstone of Burkeanism—the protection of established order against radical challenges—in favor of upheaval, destruction, and power.

Today, when we think of Wallace and the fight against crime and busing, we think of racial antagonism and bias. But there was also something else going on. “Racism is a part of it, though somewhat muted in recent days,” wrote Kirkpatrick Sale in his 1975 book Power Shift. “But more potent still is a broad adversarianism, a being-against. Wallace has no real policies, plans, or platforms, and no one expects them of him; it is sufficient that he is agin and gathers unto him others who are agin, agin the blacks, the intellectuals, the bureaucrats, the students, the journalists, the liberals, the outsiders, the Communists, the changers, above all, agin the Yankee establishment.” http://freebeacon.com/columns/crisis-conservative-intellectual/
DrewDad

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 01:42 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
“But more potent still is a broad adversarianism, a being-against.

Yup. That's been my experience of the Republican party since Bill Clinton was elected. They have no way to define themselves, except in opposition to Democrats.

Even with Bush as President, they weren't for anything other than tax cuts and invasions.
blatham

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 01:50 pm
Here's the final graph. I've bolded the last sentence because it is one of the very few examples of a conservative acknowledging responsibility for helping to create/foster the creature now ripping through the guts of the party/movement.

Quote:
The triumph of populism has left conservatism marooned, confused, uncertain, depressed, anxious, searching for a tradition, for a program, for viability. We might have to return to the beginning to understand where we have ended up. We might have to reject adversarianism, to accept the welfare state as an objective fact, to rehabilitate Burnham’s vision of a conservative-tinged Establishment capable of permeating the managerial society and gradually directing it in a prudential, reflective, virtuous manner respectful of both freedom and tradition. This is the challenge of the moment. This is the crisis of the conservative intellectual. What makes that crisis acute is the knowledge that he and his predecessors may have helped to bring it on themselves.
blatham

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 01:58 pm
@DrewDad,
When you get the time, do a full read, DD. I expect this piece will deservedly gain a lot of attention. I certainly hope so.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 02:07 pm
@blatham,
I find myself seriously annoyed by lines such as:

Quote:
Their hope is to build cultural siege-cannon out of the populist steel of Idaho, Mississippi, and working-class Milwaukee, and then blast the Eastern liberal establishment to ideo-institutional smithereens.

WTF are "ideo-institutional smithereens," anyway?
blatham

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 02:20 pm
@DrewDad,
Understood. Of course, that is Continetti quoting someone else.

Thinking about all this a bit more, Continetti is advancing the hope, however fretful, that the intellectual class within conservatism could or might lead a renewal of or major correction in American conservatism. That's his people, of course. But still, it's at least rational in terms of the existing options. What other corner of the conservative world retains respect for education, facts and careful reasoning?

But it is entirely unclear how this hope might be realized. It seems to me right now that Continetti and his crowd have no discernible chance of overcoming the huge financial incentives enjoyed by reactionary right wing media. Likewise the enormous reach and influence of the John Birch/libertarianism of the Koch operations. And, of course, the now deeply ingrained social/ideological culture which he is pointing to as the problem.
DrewDad

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 02:31 pm
@blatham,
Yeah, I think he's dreaming.

They'll have better luck pulling Dems to the right than they will getting the tea party/religious nut wing of the Republicans to nominate someone halfway decent. They'll end up with another also-ran like Cruz next go-round. No chance of a Kasich or a Jeb Bush getting the nomination, IMO.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 02:35 pm
@blatham,
A good example of people shooting themselves on the foot. It's painful, but there's no cure.
blatham

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 02:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
A good example of people shooting themselves on the foot. It's painful, but there's no cure.

The Chinese have great unguents high in anti-oxidents.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 03:59 pm
@blatham,
Also, the faculty and students at Wharton School disavowed Trump as not representing the school or them. http://fortune.com/2016/07/11/donald-trump-wharton-open-letter-criticism/
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 06:40 pm
Do you think Citigroup is competing with Wells Fargo to see who can go down the drain the fastest? Maybe not, but this is Brought to you by Citigroup

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 07:04 pm
@reasoning logic,
I bank with citi, and my wife banks at Chase.
blatham

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2016 11:08 pm
Can goldfish get rabies?