How will Trump handle losing the election?

Krumple

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 08:52 pm
@oralloy,
The dirt being kicked on Trump doesnt seem to be working as well as Hillary hoped. His speech tonight was women centric and they seem unphased by the rhetoric.

Today outside work a group of women that work in the office building next to mine were discussing it as well. They were saying how he could have dished back dirt on hillary but didnt. Mind you this is a liberal part of LA. Seems pretty split on the female vote.
oralloy

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 09:04 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
This is a far cry from Trump volunteering that he likes to walk to women and "grab them by the pussy", followed by large numbers of women coming forward saying that Trump has indeed, for many years, been grabbing women there.

The main difference is that the Democratic Party makes sure to discredit all of Bill Clinton's victims, essentially victimizing them all a second time.

Quote:
"We have to destroy her story," Mrs. Clinton said in 1991 of Connie Hamzy, one of the first women to come forward during her husband's first presidential campaign, according to George Stephanopoulos, a former Clinton administration aide who described the events in his memoir, "All Too Human." (Three people signed sworn affidavits saying Ms. Hamzy's story was false.)

When Gennifer Flowers later surfaced, saying that she had had a long affair with Mr. Clinton, Mrs. Clinton undertook an "aggressive, explicit direction of the campaign to discredit" Ms. Flowers, according to an exhaustive biography of Mrs. Clinton, "A Woman in Charge," by Carl Bernstein.

Mrs. Clinton referred to Monica Lewinsky, the White House intern who had an affair with the 42nd president, as a "narcissistic loony toon," according to one of her closest confidantes, Diane D. Blair, whose diaries were released to the University of Arkansas after her death in 2000.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/21/us/politics/90s-scandals-threaten-to-erode-hillary-clintons-strength-with-women.html

Also:
http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/stewardess-bill-groped-met-ells-magazine-plane-antics-article-1.800236
oralloy

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 09:10 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:
The dirt being kicked on Trump doesnt seem to be working as well as Hillary hoped. His speech tonight was women centric and they seem unphased by the rhetoric.

Today outside work a group of women that work in the office building next to mine were discussing it as well. They were saying how he could have dished back dirt on hillary but didnt. Mind you this is a liberal part of LA. Seems pretty split on the female vote.

At this point we aren't going to know how it will turn out until after election day. Unless the polls go really strongly in one direction or another, but I doubt that will happen.
snood

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 09:17 pm
@oralloy,
Keep Hope Alive!!!!
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 09:35 pm
@oralloy,
I think Trump might be saving something for a closer effect on voting in Nov, I can see people burnt out on this "womanizer" stuff.
Blickers

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 09:44 pm
@oralloy,
Quote NY Times:
Quote:
We have to destroy her story," Mrs. Clinton said in 1991 of Connie Hamzy, one of the first women to come forward during her husband's first presidential campaign, according to George Stephanopoulos, a former Clinton administration aide who described the events in his memoir, "All Too Human." (Three people signed sworn affidavits saying Ms. Hamzy's story was false.)
Well, if three people signed affadavits saying Hamzy's story is false, there is an excellent chance that it is false. In which case, what is so bad about the candidate's wife attempting to destroy the story in the public's mind?

Quote NY Times:
Quote:
When Gennifer Flowers later surfaced, saying that she had had a long affair with Mr. Clinton, Mrs. Clinton undertook an "aggressive, explicit direction of the campaign to discredit" Ms. Flowers, according to an exhaustive biography of Mrs. Clinton, "A Woman in Charge," by Carl Bernstein.
Gennifer Flowers was not an innocent woman who was minding her own business and then got sexually assaulted by a man she didn't know. Quite the opposite, Gennifer Flowers was the on again, off again girlfriend of Bill Clinton for years who got angry she got dumped when Bill Clinton ran for president. Seems to me if someone you care about is about to do something that makes them a historical figure, you don't stand in their way. She could have just kept quiet and nobody would have bothered her. Instead, Gennifer turned right around and vengefully went after Bill. Yes, she wasn't treated all that respectfully, but so what? How much respect did she expect for being the Governor's ex-girlfriend who is miffed about getting dumped? More to the point, why should I, the voter, be upset that a President didn't take his Arkansas mistresses with him when he moved into the White House?

Quote NY Times:
Quote:
Mrs. Clinton referred to Monica Lewinsky, the White House intern who had an affair with the 42nd president, as a "narcissistic loony toon," according to one of her closest confidantes, Diane D. Blair, whose diaries were released to the University of Arkansas after her death in 2000.

Awful. Mrs. Clinton used uncomplimentary terms, in private, to refer to the 24 year old college graduate intern who bent over and threw her skirt up in Clinton's face which commenced an affair. What are you expecting, Hillary sending handwritten invitations to Monica for White House tea?

To be honest, I actually do feel a little sorry for Monica, she confided in her "friend", Linda Tripp, who led her right into the hands of the FBI. Monica doesn't deserve any applause for what she did, but she didn't deserve to become a national spectacle either. But that wasn't any of Bill Clinton's doing-that was the work of the people who were after Clinton.

glitterbag

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2016 10:21 pm
@Krumple,
Good luck with that.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 03:50 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

so I guess these two are also lying.

Trump may have privately conceded that he's lost which is why he's coming out with all this conspiracy nonsense. He's haemorrhaging support hand over fist, which is why he's left with inadequate middle aged male virgins who still live with parents. They're the only ones delusional enough to believe all his paranoid bollocks.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 05:16 am
Maybe this it what Pence was talking about. Trump has found a witness who disputes one of the victim's claims. The sort of witness who would support Trump.

Quote:
Meanwhile, his campaign presented a British man who disputed the account of Ms Leeds, now 74. She alleged that when she was 38, Mr Trump groped her on a flight to New York, acting "like an octopus".

The New York Post reported that Anthony Gilberthorpe contacted Mr Trump's campaign to counter the claim. In an interview with the paper he said: "I was there, I was in a position to know that what she said was wrong, wrong, wrong."

Mr Gilberthorpe made headlines in 2014 when he alleged that he had provided underage boys to British politicians for sex parties.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37664449
Blickers

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 07:40 am
@izzythepush,
Quote article:
Quote:
Meanwhile, his [Trump's] campaign presented a British man who disputed the account of Ms Leeds, now 74....

.....The New York Post reported that Anthony Gilberthorpe contacted Mr Trump's campaign to counter the claim....

....Mr Gilberthorpe made headlines in 2014 when he alleged that he had provided underage boys to British politicians for sex parties.

Well, at least Trump can now truthfully claim that his candidacy has international support.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 08:58 am
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:
I think Trump might be saving something for a closer effect on voting in Nov, I can see people burnt out on this "womanizer" stuff.

I believe the plan is to hammer Hillary's negatives as hard as possible so that as many Hillary voters as possible conclude that they cannot possibly vote for Hillary, and instead either stay home or vote for a third party. At the same time, this will fire up all the hard-core Trump supporters.

Whether it will work.... I'll let you know on election night.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 08:59 am
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:
Well, if three people signed affadavits saying Hamzy's story is false, there is an excellent chance that it is false. In which case, what is so bad about the candidate's wife attempting to destroy the story in the public's mind?

Are these signed affidavits true, or are they part of a systematic campaign to destroy the credibility of all of Bill's victims?
McGentrix

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 09:01 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Blickers wrote:

Are these signed affidavits true, or are they part of a systematic campaign to destroy the credibility of all of Bill's victims?

It's obviously a "Vast Left Wing Conspiracy".
revelette2

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 09:09 am
@McGentrix,
You are one disgusting dude, I thought your previous avatar was bad enough...
Blickers

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 10:39 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Quote:

Ultimately, any witness can be lying, whether in person or by affadavit. Just as any alleged victim can be lying. At some point, you have to just look at the story of the alleged victim and the story of the people with the affadavits contradicting her story and make your own decision. But lying on affadavits carries criminal penalties and possible incarceration. I would think you are going to have a hard time finding three people willing to risk that just to get some candidate out of trouble.

And if the three people who gave affadavits are telling the truth, then Hamzy was not a "victim" of anything.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 01:59 pm
@Blickers,
Another accusation against Trump. How many more is needed for all republicans to denounce Trump?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/another-woman-accuses-trump-of-sexual-misconduct-194904656.html
snood

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 02:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Another accusation against Trump. How many more is needed for all republicans to denounce Trump?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/another-woman-accuses-trump-of-sexual-misconduct-194904656.html

It isn't a rational calculation or a moral choice they're making. So, the number of women won't matter - they have decided they are with Trump.
Setanta

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 02:12 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
It isn't a rational calculation or a moral choice they're making. So, the number of women won't matter - they have decided they are with Trump.

That bears repeating; the Republican establishment must be filling their little lacy panties, because this is tearing their party up. Of courese, it's their own damned fault for embracing the teabagger types--their chickens have come home to roost.
snood

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 02:52 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

snood wrote:

That bears repeating; the Republican establishment must be filling their little lacy panties, because this is tearing their party up. Of courese, it's their own damned fault for embracing the teabagger types--their chickens have come home to roost.

Maher and guests talked about exactly those chickens last night:

DrewDad

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2016 05:31 pm
@snood,
"Donald Trump groped me without consent."

Trumpeters: No proof! No proof!

"Hillary Clinton threatened me by shaking my hand."

Trumpeters: Clinton's a witch! Burn her! Burn her!