The Most Recent Movie You've Seen on Streaming, Broadcast TV, or Movie Theater?

mommabear

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2021 09:18 pm
2018 version of Samson, guy kills 1000 Philadelphians with the jawbone of an ass:

https://youtu.be/AVTYugv1Cq0
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2021 09:49 pm
Luca last night. Up tonight.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2021 01:02 am
@ehBeth,
Watched a 1937 Charlie Chan movie tonight. I love those old movies, they might be stiff and terribly out of date, but it's fun to take a look back in time.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2021 03:58 am
Glitterbag, Izzy, Snood...
...just wanted to say that my trip to New Orleans was for the 1978 Mardi Gras. It was terrific…and like so many others I ate the food until I hurt.

Funny story I may have told elsewhere. My sister decided she wanted me to visit her and her husband in New Orleans…and actually bought me plane tickets. It was a rush deal…and I had to get to the airport (EWR) in just a few hours. I got stuff together and raced to the airport…got there shortly before boarding time. Luckily, when I pulled into long-term parking, I saw the bus that ferried people to the terminal making its way to the nearest stop…and I rushed to catch it. I just made it…and made my flight.

Day after I got to New Orleans I read about a huge snow storm that had been threatening back home…had hit. Wow…what luck. I was in comfortable New Orleans for Mardi Gras…and people back in NJ were getting a ton of snow. I knew I would pay a price in three days when I returned home…getting a car out of a parking lot still filled with snow was not going to be easy.

Anyway, got back to Newark…and finally found the mound of plowed snow under which my car was located. I called the airport and asked for assistance, and they told me I would be lucky if someone got out to help me in a few days! So…I had to dig myself out. Luckily I found an old license plate that I used as a shovel. I started on the driver’s side…so that I could start the car and heat it up. I was freezing. After digging for what seemed an hour, I got that side cleared…and found that in my haste to catch the bus on departure…I had left the driver’s door open…and no one had come along and just closed it. The temperature must have gone up and down during the two days since the blizzard…melting and re-freezing the snow filling the car. My car had a free-form ice cube in it…filling the interior.

I wanted to ******* kill myself (resisted that impulse) kept digging…and after another two hours got enough out of the car to start it and heat myself to above near-death temps.

What a memory!
farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2021 05:28 am
@Frank Apisa,
I had a jeep up in a job in Labrador, And apparently a large anima *maybe a beaver or some other rodent like a Porcupine, had chewed my hoses and drunk all the antifreeze, So we had to stay at the camp for a whole week till we were rescued. since then they put in aircooled snow mobiles to get in and out.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2021 05:29 am
@Frank Apisa,
you shoulda stayed in Nawlins you coulda made a life there,
snood

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2021 05:41 am
@Frank Apisa,
Holy crap Frank, that’s some story.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2021 08:25 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Holy crap Frank, that’s some story.

One of the few times I was so down...I truly wanted to die. It was bitter cold, I was not dressed appropriately (just came in from NO)...and I had to deal with being dumb enough to leave the door open!

But you are right, Snood, it is a great story...and I love telling it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2021 08:27 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

you shoulda stayed in Nawlins you coulda made a life there,

Really great town. BUT...when the local stations lead off their weather reports with information about the level of Lake Pontchartrain...and you are reminded about keeping a hatchet in your attic, you gotta think twice about moving there.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2021 01:14 pm
@Frank Apisa,
That story gave me goose bumps. I was afraid you would say the battery died down because the door light stayed on. Yikes, Yikes Yikes
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2021 01:33 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

That story gave me goose bumps. I was afraid you would say the battery died down because the door light stayed on. Yikes, Yikes Yikes

Nope!

Started like a charm...after all that digging.

You would have had to see the interior to really get a sense of things.

Took a long time to get out of the parking space even after the digging, but at that point the heat was up high and I rode home with it on full blast.

Took until spring for the car to really dry out.
snood

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2021 01:58 pm
@Frank Apisa,
What kind of vehicle was it? That story would be a great advertisement for reliability.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2021 02:29 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

What kind of vehicle was it? That story would be a great advertisement for reliability.

It was a Toyota Something or other. Small car. Cannot remember the model.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2021 06:14 pm
@Frank Apisa,
after katrina my company got the contract to redesign the Nawlins 14th st pumps which were prone to clogging, so i spent a lotta time setting up office space near lafayette. i lived in nawlins almost 1.5 years and the only month i hated was September, it was still hot but no winds blowing and we rented a shotgun house near the Garden District and I musta bought 4 window AC''s and it was still muggy. unless we kept the ac's on all day n night itd blow the circuits if you started em at once. so wed have to turn on the acs one at a time maybe 30 min apart. Also they had cockroaches as big as those "Palmetto Roaches" in Fla and SC.

still a foodies town
farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2021 06:41 pm
@farmerman,
watching MANIFEST on Netflix about a plane that went missing for 5 years and nobody on board even knew. Sorta Horror some Scie fi and tightly knit
glitterbag

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2021 10:35 pm
@farmerman,
I'm watching "A Call to Spy" about the women Great Britain recruited and trained for covert operations at the beginning of WWII.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2021 05:06 pm
Watched the new Mark Wahlberg film Infinite on the Paramount+ app.

It was terrible. It is about two groups of reincarnated people who can remember their past lives. One group wants to use the collective knowledge to improve the world, the other wants to end the cycle by killing everyone. Wahlberg plays a guy who basically only remembers being a samurai and a native American warrior. It is easy to see why Paramount dumped their new film on their app and cancelled the theatrical release.
snood

Reply Sat 26 Jun, 2021 06:19 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I’ve started and stopped that movie three times. The stupidity of the premise is too thick to wade through. I thought I might be able to get through it because of neat special effects or the portrayal of the evil antagonist by one of my favorites Chiwetel Ejiofor, but the stupid won out.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2021 10:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
I only do streaming. Last year, my local cable provider enticed me with a deal where you got a lot of cable channels. I am very spoiled. I don't want to watch a 60 minute show with 20 minutes of commercials. I dropped the cable offer after a month.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Jun, 2021 10:20 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I'm in the process of setting up a TV with a bigger screen to use with my DVDs. I haven't watched the movies in my library in about two years. Plus I have a stack of new ones.