54

The Most Recent Movie You've Seen on Streaming, Broadcast TV, or Movie Theater?

2  
Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2021 10:06 pm
@snood,
We watched Without Remorse tonight, it was disappointing. It was chock full of familiar scenarios from previous revenge flicks and used some terminology I found awkward to the ear. Rodney started chuckling during the escape scene, said it reminded him of training exercises he participated in while he was in the Army....and when the Lt. Commander yells "we've got to frag that sniper" that struck me as odd. I've never been in combat so I don't have 'hot zone' experience but it just seemed as if they paired up a bunch of 'military' sounding words in an attempt to sound 'military', but it fell a little flat.

I can't really fault the actors, but whoever wrote the dialogue borrowed a ton of lines from older flicks and was too lazy to adapt them for a new flick. I have a few other observations, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. Its very possible this will be brand new to many younger viewers.....I'm old, have seen a ton of movies.

-2  
Reply Mon 10 May, 2021 03:39 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
Went to see 'Nobody' - new movie starring Bob Odenkirk as an everyman with some hidden talents. Not going to spoil it, but I'll tell you that it is not like anything Odenkirk has done before,

What's this nonsense about a 4.9 liter V8???

Do the morons who made the movie even know the difference between a car tire and a steering wheel?

snood wrote:
and it's produced by the same guys who made the John Wick movies.

That answers that question. The 4.9 liter V8 debacle comes from the same dunces who brought us the BOSS 429 debacle.

No. The morons who made the movie don't even know the difference between a car tire and a steering wheel.

Oh, and I hope the guy's neighbor sues him for stealing his car and wrecking it.

1  
Reply Mon 10 May, 2021 05:37 pm
I finally got around to 2012. Mostly good action film.