The Most Recent Movie You've Seen on Streaming, Broadcast TV, or Movie Theater?

ElsieVasquez

Reply Fri 12 Feb, 2021 07:59 am
@mark noble,
cool
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2021 12:53 am
After a harrowing day I decided I needed a mind cleanse....I found the film "The Three Amigos", and it is relaxing .... I don't know how long I will watch, but right now it suits me just fine.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2021 08:25 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

After a harrowing day I decided I needed a mind cleanse....I found the film "The Three Amigos", and it is relaxing .... I don't know how long I will watch, but right now it suits me just fine.

Nancy and I watched Network last night.

It was not relaxing. And had some prescient moments that were downright unsettling.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2021 10:52 am
@glitterbag,
I fell asleep watching The Three Amigos, seems it wiped my fevered mind clean.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2021 10:54 am
@Frank Apisa,
Maybe Network wasn't the best choice, too intense.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2021 02:40 am
I’ve been watching the series Umbrella Academy, it’s a comic strip superhero type affair.

One of the characters is a fifty something year old man in the body of a fourteen year old.

The seventeen year old actor who plays him is totally convincing in the role. I was very impressed.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 10:27 am
Has anyone else seen the Judas and the Black Messiah? It has some well-deserved Oscar buzz.

For incredibly low-key performances by Daniel Kaluuya and LaKeith Stanfield (supporting and lead respectively). Great cinematography. Tough topic to watch.
engineer

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 10:34 am
@izzythepush,
Love that series, especially season two which is much more a trip into US history.
snood

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 10:44 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Has anyone else seen the Judas and the Black Messiah? It has some well-deserved Oscar buzz.

For incredibly low-key performances by Daniel Kaluuya and LaKeith Stanfield (supporting and lead respectively). Great cinematography. Tough topic to watch.

I saw it the first day it streamed on HBO Max. Made me read about Fred Hampton and his murder by police and the original Rainbow Coalition.

The guy was just 21 years old. I understand why the old white guard was so afraid of him.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2021 11:04 am
@engineer,
It was so good especially the music. At first I thought it might be a bit dire when they were all singing together some awful song. After that is was really good. I particularly liked Dancing with Myself when Five was fighting himself.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2021 12:41 am
@snood,
That's my next film to watch.
snood

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2021 03:44 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

That's my next film to watch.

Be prepared to hate the “justice” system and law enforcement.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2021 04:00 am
I saw “Here comes Hell,” a 1930s style horror movie made in black and white and set in the 1930s complete with host warning those of a squeamish nature to leave the auditorium before the feature starts.

It is very tongue in cheek with lots of horror cliches sent up, not exactly laugh out loud funny but I smiled in a couple of places. It’s an enjoyable enough piece of nonsense if not great cinema.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2021 01:49 am
Went to see 'Nobody' - new movie starring Bob Odenkirk as an everyman with some hidden talents. Not going to spoil it, but I'll tell you that it is not like anything Odenkirk has done before, and it's produced by the same guys who made the John Wick movies.

Also, watched Rob Roy for the umpteenth time last night. I really love that movie. It came out at the same time as Braveheart so it didn't get the attention at the time. Liam Neeson and Jessica Lange as the
Highlander and his wife who are done wrong and have to defend honor. I think Tim Roth may play the most despicable villain I've ever seen in a movie. He's definitely in the top three. If you've never seen Rob Roy, do yourself a favor.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2021 07:40 am
A couple of weeks ago, I saw Zack Snyder's Justice League, which is a 4 hour director's cut of the 2017 theatrical version.

The circumstances of how this new Justice League cut came to be is fascinating on its own, but I want to focus on the film itself.

Basically, it has the same story as the 2017 version: alien warrior wants to collect 3 Motherboxes on Earth for his warlord, while Batman and Wonder Woman create a League.

This new cut, though, has several more subplots, which could have been shorter, and longer action scenes, which look great. The scene where The Flash goes back in time (which was cut from the 2017 version) is probably the best part of the film.

I did not care for the final scenes however. The main story ends at 3hrs, 40mins, but the last 20 minutes tease plot points that, again due to circumstances, will never be resolved. The first part acts as a teaser for Ben Affleck's Batman film, which has since been cancelled. The second part, which was filmed in 2020 for the director's cut, shows off a dark post apocalyptic future that would have been resolved in the now cancelled Justice League sequel.

Overall, the film is better than the 2017 version and is a vast improvement over the overly dark Batman V Superman, but if people didn't like Snyder's take on the DC heroes, they still won't like the 2021 cut.
snood

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2021 07:47 am
@Rebelofnj,
I tried to watch it, but I only lasted about 20 minutes. I think I’m biased toward MCU movies. DC stuff just seems so heavy-handed and takes itself too seriously.

But like I said, I’m biased.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2021 08:09 am
@snood,
I think that is more on Snyder's attempts at pushing Christ metaphors on Superman and his overall dour artistic vision than the issue being the DC heroes themselves. The Aquaman and Shazam movies are more campy and less serious due to their more silly concepts.

Snyder's version of Aquaman and the characters of Atlantis (as seen in the 2021 cut) have more constricted clothing with muted colors and British accents, whereas in the Aquaman movie, directed by James Wan, has a more vibrant color scheme and comic book inspired costumes.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2021 04:23 pm
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2021 11:17 pm
The 100 (Trailer)

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 13 Apr, 2021 11:20 pm
(The 100) is the best Science fiction action drama ever
0 Replies