The Most Recent Movie You've Seen on Streaming, Broadcast TV, or Movie Theater?

coluber2001

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 04:27 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

There’s a tv series called Spaced which starred both Simon Pegg and Nick Frost before they moved into films. It’s very good.

Simon Pegg was also in the sketch show Big Train which is also very good, similar to Python.

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost have collaborated on a number of movies and they're all good. Paul, Shaun of the Dead, and Hot Fuzz are hilarious. Especially Paul. Pegg and Frost tour the West in an RV and pick up an alien. It's great!

I can't find Pegged, though. It's probably not available in the U.S.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 04:31 pm
@coluber2001,
Spaced, not Pegged. I’ve not heard of anything by that name.

Some of it is available on YouTube I’ve cut and pasted scenes from it on A2K before.

I can’t do it now sorry, not on the computer. I can’t post links.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2020 03:58 pm
@izzythepush,
Pegged --- Frightening as it is, a short adults only film or two, was found on YouTube. I'll spare you the details.

Meanwhile, I read the list of leaving Netflix films on Thursday. It was the final day for the South Korean Zombie apocalypse movie Train To Busan.

www.imdb.com/title/tt5700672/

Basic premise, man is utterly absorbed by his work. His wife left and she also left their daughter. The daughter is having a birthday that very day. All she wants is to go visit her mother. Eventually the father agrees to take her there and they go to the train station and board the train which then begins its journey.

Soon zombies are all around. At first glance it was somewhat comical as their blood and body craving corpses writhed in dance-like fashion.

What held the film together was decent acting and a basic storyline. The father does eventually grow emotionally as he realizes how much his daughter loves and needs him.

Many people are zombie-fied/ized. Obviously, it would be wrong for me to say who, or how the movie concluded. Suffice to say, it is a bittersweet finale.

Not the best, not the worst of films. If you're interested in zombies, it would be a decent watch. Even if you aren't a zombie fan. I think this might be only my seventh or eighth zombie movie. I'm not much into zombie stuff.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give this a 7.5.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 05:48 am
@Sturgis,
I saw Train to Busan a while ago. I thought it was pretty good and it does get sad towards the end. It was refreshing to see a zombie film that relies more on melee, whereas in American zombie films, firearms are the preferred weapons.

The director of Train to Busan produced a new film Peninsula, which is set in the same zombie outbreak as the first film, but has new characters and story. It hasn't been released in the US yet.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 06:20 am
@Rebelofnj,
Have you seen The Kingdom? It’s a Koran series about a plant that turns people into zombies and corrupt bodies have given it to the emperor to stop the crown prince becoming emperor.

There’s a bit of gunpowder, cannon and musket but other than that it’s mostly all hand to hand.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 06:30 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Have you seen The Kingdom? It’s a Koran series about a plant that turns people into zombies and corrupt bodies have given it to the emperor to stop the crown prince becoming emperor.

There’s a bit of gunpowder, cannon and musket but other than that it’s mostly all hand to hand.

Watched about a half hour of The Invisible Man last night. What a piece of **** that was. Had to switch to something else. Directing was crap; acting was even worse. Only schtick they didn't pull was a cat jumping out.

Terrible movie.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 06:51 am
@izzythepush,
Korean, not Koran.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 03:36 pm
@Rebelofnj,
That sounds like it would perhaps be good.
Have to admit, when Train To Busan ended, I was wondering what would happen next. (for the 2 who came through the tunnel at the end)..

I'll keep an eye out for Peninsula. Thank you.
snood

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 03:46 pm
@Sturgis,
Would fans of either The Walking Dead or World War Z Like Train to Busan? Assuming, of course you’ve seen one or both of those...
Sturgis

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 03:55 pm
@snood,
My understanding is that they are vastly different. Not sure myself since I have not viewed either of those you cited.

It is not at all like Night of the Living Dead which was okay,but not on my list of top 100 films. Of course Innocent Blood didn't make it either and it had Robert Loggia becoming a vampire (I think it was meant more as a comedy)
izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 03:56 pm
@snood,
I like the Walking Dead, quite liked WWZ, but bit pissed off with Clement Attlee being slagged off at the end of the Book.

That’s by the by, The Kingdom is good if you don’t mind subtitles. Political drama with zombies and a believable creation story.
snood

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 03:57 pm
@Sturgis,
So ‘Train’ is not one of those horror/comedy movies, then? That’s good - I hate those.
snood

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 03:59 pm
@izzythepush,
Have you seen Train to Busan?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 04:01 pm
@snood,
No I haven’t. Sorry.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 04:02 pm
@snood,
It's essentially a horror story and bloodfest. Along with a decent plot.

I'd watch it again.
snood

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 04:10 pm
@Sturgis,
I just watched a trailer. Looks good. Is the whole movie subtitled? I generally get a little impatient with that, but if the movie is engrossing enough, I can overlook it. It didn’t affect my enjoyment of the excellent movie Parasite.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 04:20 pm
@snood,
Entirely subtitled. If you have a good command of Korean you can go without.

Seriously, it did not bother me the way it sometimes will.
snood

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 04:31 pm
@Sturgis,
Oh, snap! I can see it for free with my prime video account! Yay!

I’ll give my brief review after I see it 😁
Sturgis

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 04:36 pm
@snood,
Fantastic!
snood

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 06:36 pm
@Sturgis,
Oh. Em. Gee.

Everything I want in a horror movie. And then some.

Wowsers
0 Replies