The Most Recent Movie You've Seen on Streaming, Broadcast TV, or Movie Theater?

Sturgis

Reply Sat 25 Jan, 2020 07:00 pm
@snood,
It does appear to be. Hope to see it soon.

0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 26 Jan, 2020 03:38 pm
I watched A Fall From Grace on Netflix. An interesting film with a few twists. Directed and written by Tyler Perry (he also has a role in the film). Not what I had expected in a tale of murder.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2020 10:51 pm
Saw Stephan King's 1922 on Netflix today. Not great but it held my interest and there were some strong scenes.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2020 03:11 pm
Just watched The Good Liar on Prime Video. Hellen Mirren and Ian Mckellen. Great, suspenseful ‘who’s scamming who’.
chai2

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2020 03:57 pm
@snood,
Watched The Horse Girl, with Alison Brie. No hesitation in giving it 5 stars.

Hours later I was thinking about what must have been happening with her months, if not years before the story opened.
snood

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 01:52 pm
@chai2,
Watched Horse Girl. Made zero sense to me.
chai2

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 02:14 pm
@snood,
While I was watching it, I thought of someone I know who would have been confused.

I get that.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 02:19 pm
I saw Parasite, the Korean movie that got the Cannes palme d'or and a number of Oscars including best movie. It's amazing. Both very 'special' ('original' doesn't get near) and universal, immediately relatable, like all true art. It's hard on the viewer at times.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 02:24 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

While I was watching it, I thought of someone I know who would have been confused.

I get that.

I read a couple of reviews. Turns out it was actually written by Brie and it was supposed to show the main character’s descent into serious mental illness.

Now it makes more sense to me.
chai2

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 02:42 pm
@snood,
Ah.

See, I thought that would have been immediately apparant.
I guess not.

Kinda spoiler alert to others...
What made me wonder and think about what gone on before were her current relationships when the movie started.
I mean, in the beginning she seemed extremely nice. I wondered why most people, except Molly Shannon, all either avoided her or expressed frustration.
This had been building a long time.
It really did show how the system continues to fail people. When the SW said the Dr gave dischage orders, that was it. Even though she immediately presented as someone who shouldn't be going anywhere. He wanted to be a good person, but hey, the dr wrote the order.
chai2

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 02:48 pm
@chai2,
snood, another movie I watched just last night that I really enjoyed was "Good Time"
Street crime, brotherly love, White Castle.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 03:22 pm
@chai2,
Well I think the intent of the movie wasn’t even marketed to be “apparent “. The trailers and written adverts all make it seem like a possibility that the “horse girl” has stumbled onto some kind of genuine supernatural phenomenon.

But congrats on perceiving the truth all along.
chai2

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2020 06:20 pm
@snood,
lol

I guess that's my skeptics nature.

Did she discover aliens have been making clones, and can she see and hear into the future?

Or, is she mentally unstable?

Remember "The Crying Game"?

30 seconds after they met, I was thinking "Man, he's gonna be really mad when he finds out she has a penis."

Then again, from conversations about the movie when it first came out, my experience was most women immediately knew.

So maybe I knew she was "crazy" because I am?

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2020 01:28 pm

fascinating

leaned so far forward at some points that I nearly fell into the row below me
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2020 03:42 pm
Saw The Invisible Man last weekend. This version has Elizabeth Moss being stalked by her estranged husband, who happens to be a rich “Optics Innovator “ who figured out how to terrorize his wife without even being seen.

I liked the suspense and ‘made you jump’ moments, but won’t give away too much invade y’all go see it.
chai2

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2020 04:01 pm
@snood,
That sound good. I like Elizabeth Moss too.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Mar, 2020 05:43 pm
I've been watching short docs through The Atlantic. some great finds there.

This one was important to me as I'm learning more about my father's background

https://www.theatlantic.com/video/index/607222/blueberry-spirits/

___

this one is sweet in a lot of wonderful ways

https://www.theatlantic.com/video/index/584287/brothers/
panzade

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 08:23 am
@ehBeth,
Very touching.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2020 10:36 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Very touching.

WAIT A BLOODY SECOND! During this time of the infectious crisis? Shouldn't you be practicing the science of social distancing by keeping your distance?

And I hope you are wearing latex gloves when if you are choosing to come in contact with strangers.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2020 01:40 am
@snood,
I'm watching an older movie called "The Messenger", it's about the Army Casualty Notification service who notify next of kin when a soldier is killed. Woody Harrelson stars.
0 Replies