The Most Recent Movie You've Seen on Streaming, Broadcast TV, or Movie Theater?

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2019 07:14 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Monuments Men was written, directed and produced by George Clooney.

Your quick to dismiss Clooney for one film. He also written, directed and produced solid movies like The Ides of March (2011) and Good Night, and Good Luck. (2005) which totaled 7 Oscar nominations between the two films.
engineer

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2019 09:09 am
Watched "Isn't it Romantic" last night which is on Netflix in Europe even though it is still in theaters here. Pretty funny, enjoyable Sunday night fare.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2019 10:21 am
@tsarstepan,

tsarstepan wrote:

panzade wrote:

Monuments Men was written, directed and produced by George Clooney.

Your quick to dismiss Clooney for one film. He also written, directed and produced solid movies like The Ides of March (2011) and Good Night, and Good Luck. (2005) which totaled 7 Oscar nominations between the two films.

I didn’t see anyone dismissing George Clooney or suggesting everything he does is bad. They mentioned he directed, produced and wrote a crappy movie. They were dismissing the movie.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2019 06:53 am
Snood is right, I was only dismissing one movie. But your point is well taken tsar.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2019 10:13 pm
Deadpool 2: Super Duper $@%!#& Cut unrated extended edition

I read that HBO was showing that version on their streaming service*, so I gave it a try.

It turns out that it isn't like most extended editions where they just add in a few longer scenes to flesh out the movie.

90% of the movie is composed of alternate takes from the ones shown in the theatrical version (much like the Blade Runner fan-edit "The Version You've Never Seen Before").

So even though it's the same movie, it's also a different movie.

I think that anyone who enjoyed the theatrical version would enjoy seeing this version.

* Note that it is not labeled as an extended edition in the HBO NOW app. The app just presents it as "Deadpool 2".
Lash

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2019 04:08 pm
I watched Netflix original Pen15. It’s set in the 70s or something, about two unpopular middle schoolers and it made me laugh. A few times.

Not fabulous, but good enough.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 8 Mar, 2019 04:50 pm
@oralloy,
went to the hospital tody--slipped and fell on the ice, and one of the desk people was wearing a surgical mask, don't know wy. Every time he said something it fluttered in front of his concealed mouth. Kept reminding me of Deadpool, quite disconcerting.
0 Replies

tappersia

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2019 04:01 am
spiderman in spider verse
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 11 Mar, 2019 10:05 pm
I think it might actually have been World War Z....is that the title?

I enjoyed it!

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2019 08:37 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

I think it might actually have been World War Z....is that the title?

I enjoyed it!

That's a title to a Brad Pitt adaptation to a famous zombie apocalypse themed book. Can't say it was the one you saw... but it could have been.

Don't put in too much hope for the sequel, World War Z 2 given it's existing production troubles are even worse than the mess of troubles that plagued the first film.
oralloy

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2019 01:44 pm
Captain Marvel 3D
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 12 Mar, 2019 07:49 pm
@tsarstepan,
The zombies were too damn fast...all that zipping around made me dizzy.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2019 09:34 am
@glitterbag,
Then definitely stay away from the Danny Boyle/28 Days Later franchise. They're the speed freaks of the zombie horror world.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 05:50 pm
I didn’t like Seinfeld or Downton Abbey the first time I saw them—cautionary tale applicable for this recommendation.

My son and I usually turn each other on to the greatest shite we’ve ever seen, and when he suggested pretty strongly that I try The Patriot on Amazon, I did right away, but I crapped out after three episodes and left it there like cold coffee, but I was wrong.

So, try The Patriot. Give it a few episodes—if you have z thick strip of black humor and caustic wit.

😏
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 06:05 pm
Peaky Blinders remains one of the best things to come out of BBC drama in recent years.

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 05:07 pm
Ricky Gervais’ After Life is my after work drug of the week. I definitely get it.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2019 02:06 am
@Lash,
Frankie Boyle definitely gets Ricky Gervais.

izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2019 02:17 am
I've been watching the latest Alan Partridge. Steve Coogan really is brilliant.

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2019 02:20 am
@izzythepush,
Hilarious.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2019 02:33 am
@Lash,
Steve Coogan is very talented. He's been in a few things in America, but he's mostly confined to bit parts, he got blown up at the beginning of Tropic Thunder.

This scene with Rob Bryden displays his talents.