For those of us who are getting old.

saab

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 08:47 am
I feel good - just finished dinner with good friends.
Had all the things which makes life worth while
Chardonny wine
Chicken and figs fried, then sauce made of cream and brie cheese
The dessert was with maran, strawberries, whipped cream mixed with marzipan and grind chocolate.
roger

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 12:52 pm
@Seizan,
Frustrated?
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 01:21 pm
@saab,
Ooh, I've renewed interest in figs + cooking lately. Too bad I can't have a fig tree here.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 01:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
I like crispy (on the outside) tofu stuffed with lap cheong (chinese sausage) in a tasty broth.. I've never replicated it. Among other reasons, there is little lap cheong around here in Sandville.
lmur

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 01:37 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Ossobucotemp? Where the hell is ossobucofulltime?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 01:43 pm
@lmur,
ossobuco a giorno dell'Indipendenza?
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 02:19 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Osso is doing triple time with her wild and wacky aged iMac - it was crash city yesterday, a bit complicated to explain. Among other matters, I had a lot of trouble getting all those captcha things to work - pages of nada. The one place it did work, thank dog and pass the ammunition, was a2k. I probably drove the mods nuts being nuts myself since besides dealing with Safari and yahoo problems, yahoo also retreated from its usual miserable state (Basic Yahoo, ever heard of it?) to more miserable than usual, leaving me (oh, thank you) a 3/8" x 2" window to describe my trouble, re logging into yahoo, same tiny window I used to talk with the mods (bless'em).
Turns out that my backup email, gmail, is now defunct (I've rarely used it for quite a while, I didn't know it needed feeding) thus my inability to sign into yahoo, because that backup was somehow damaged goods.

Meantime I have no idea - re yahoo - what my long ago posted phone number was (my mobile that I never answer, use as a safety net while driving) or my main number.

I may be able to fix that by somehow (how, given the missing items) contacting yahoo and giving them a new extra email to add. But I'm in a rest phase now.

Meanwhile, back at the old rancherito, I've been doing surprisingly well in A2K Fantasy Baseball. No longer, as of today, as access to my team is truncated, though I can read the names of the players (long pages of typing to find that). Hope my last guesses were good ones.

We'll see. I'm relieved, though, that I added Firefox fairly recently, as that is how I can now get into a2k, and news sites, etc., once I was signed on as ososbucotemp via a capcha (temp 98.6, I think) and the mods.

Regards to all..

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 02:24 pm
@ossobucotemp,
That post might have been hard to figure out - I was, for some hours, mostly dealing with the Safari/yahoo end of it - pages of small print with a lot of white. Made me cranky.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 02:31 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I think I did try to replicate the stuffed tofu once, back in Los Angeles, but mine was no where as great at that restaurant's dish.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 03:16 pm
I figure I am in a doubtful place until I somehow rectify the loss of gmail as a backup for yahoo. I see I now have made 8 posts..

Any favorite websites besides gmail or yahoo or FB?
farmerman

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 03:23 pm
@ossobucotemp,
hey!! we already have someone named ossobuco!!
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 03:41 pm
@farmerman,
alla romana or milanese?
Roberta

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 05:21 pm
@ossobucotemp,
osso, Is that you?
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 06:09 pm
@Roberta,
Yep, computer trouble going on. I explained it, I thought, somewhere in this thread. Complicated (to me), involving loss of my email backup for my Yahoo email - (I didn't know I had to keep posting on that gmail backup), so now I need another backup (I think I've decided on it, but waiting to figure it all out tomorrow), and then to get yahoo to let me back in, and with any luck to get lose the 'temp'.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 06:17 pm
I got a lot of exercise today. My wife and I went to the shopping mall, and we forgot where our car was parked. We walked, we walked, we walked..... What was I trying to say?
0 Replies

Seizan

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 06:29 pm
@roger,
No thanks, got plenty of my own...
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 07:24 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Bad enough when you forget to zip up after draining the gizzard.
Worse when you forget to zip down before . . . .
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 07:27 pm
@neologist,
What I find with my aging is forgetting to zip up when I put on my pants in the morning. Going out into public places, and coming home to go to the bathroom, and lo and behold, my fly is already open. At least, 99.99% of the time, my shirt isn't sticking out!
neologist

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 07:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I have several pairs of fly less shorts for that reason.
roger

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2016 08:52 pm
@neologist,
Sure hope you remember how to make that work.