Want Us to Stop Calling You Liars? Stop Lying!

Harper

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 01:57 pm
It"s that simple. Nearly every speaker at the Republican Convention lied. From Arnold to Bush, I would documnet the lies but why bother? The delusional Bush apologists just wait for the page to turn then go into complete denial. The reasons Dems are always calling Republicans liars is thet THEY ARE ALWAYS LYING!!!!!!!!

Want us to stop? Stop lying!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,740 • Replies: 86
No top replies

Larry434

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:01 pm
Politicians lie, equivocate, exaggerate, distrort, spin?

I am shocked, shocked I say.

Please say it ain't so lest my brain be "seared" with the memory of that revelation.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:06 pm
same with those at the Democratic convention, right? right?
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:10 pm
McGentrix wrote:

Wrong! Wrong!
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:12 pm
Harper wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Wrong! Wrong!
I forgot the godless heathens can't lie; they have the almighty Michael Moore on their side. Don't forget the "peaceful" protestors!
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:13 pm
Larry434 wrote:

Please say it ain't so lest my brain be "seared" with the memory of that revelation.

Republicans have institutionalized the art of the lie and the smear. Nothing the Democrats do comes even close. Nice try though. Seems like I didn't even see any calims of Democrat lies during our convention. You can easily link me to those threads that I must have overlooked though.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:13 pm
Didn't think so. How those lovable rag-a-muffins possible lie!?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:16 pm
Wow, really impressive links to those Democratic lies.

Oh, wait....
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:18 pm
Baldimo wrote:
Harper wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Wrong! Wrong!
I forgot the godless heathens can't lie; they have the almighty Michael Moore on their side. Don't forget the "peaceful" protestors!

Micheal Moore didn't speak at the Democratic Convention nor did the protestors who were, in fact, incredibly peaceful.

F911 has been fully vetted and I believe a grand total of one errror was uncovered. BTW don't change the subject. We are talking about convention and official party spokespeople. Not pundits and entertainers.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:19 pm
blacksmithn wrote:
Wow, really impressive links to those Democratic lies.

Oh, wait....

The apologists here are as bad as their leaders. All they can do is level false charges.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:20 pm
Wanna go one for one? You start...
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:21 pm
BTW electricity has been going off all day here, don't think I ran away in case you don't hear from me.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:28 pm
Harper wrote:
Larry434 wrote:

Republicans have institutionalized the art of the lie and the smear. Nothing the Democrats do comes even close. Nice try though. Seems like I didn't even see any calims of Democrat lies during our convention. You can easily link me to those threads that I must have overlooked though.

It would appear that we agree that politicians do lie. We are now arguing over our value judgments of who lies the most?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:29 pm
And don't forget the size of the lies, Larry. Size does matter.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:43 pm
Did y'all know that anger cuses dininished brain function. This explains a lot, doesn't it?

ZigZag Zell: "Damn right I am mad!"

Repub Prez, House and Senate. Why is he mad?
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:48 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
And don't forget the size of the lies, Larry. Size does matter.

I think lies told after swearing before a court of law to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth are the worst kind and least forgiveable.

Lies told for altruistic reasons are the most forgiveable.

Just my value judgment of course.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:50 pm
Harper wrote:
Did y'all know that anger cuses dininished brain function. This explains a lot, doesn't it?

ZigZag Zell: "Damn right I am mad!"

Repub Prez, House and Senate. Why is he mad?

Certainly explains Gore's recent rants.

And Zell is angy over the direction his party has taken, or so he said.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:52 pm
Yeah, has the Democratic party really changed at all in the last 12 years?
0 Replies

Rick d Israeli

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:54 pm
Politicians lie. End of story.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 02:57 pm
"After more than a decade of diplomacy, we gave Saddam Hussein another chance, a final chance, to meet his responsibilities to the civilized world. He again refused, and I faced the kind of decision that comes only to the Oval Office -- a decision no president would ask for, but must be prepared to make. Do I forget the lessons of September 11th and take the word of a madman, or do I take action to defend our country?" he said. --Excerpted from Shrub's convention speech

Of course, this is untrue on it's face. We weren't relying on the word of any madman; hell, we weren't even relying on the word of the UN inspectors who were combing the country looking for supposedly ubiquitous weapons of mass destruction. The word that we relied on came from Shrub and his cronies and it was all about how many TONS of chemical weapons and how many mobile weapons factories and how many other facilities for WMD creation that this "madman" had. Not to mention the mobile missile launchers and unmanned drones supposedly on hand to spread this deadly stuff or the purportedly imminent production of nuclear weapons.

Still, only a thousand American kids or so had to die thus far for no discernable reason, so it's not much of a prevarication, is it?
0 Replies