Clinton Hospitalized

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 11:46 am
JustWonders wrote:
blatham wrote:
Quote:
Referring to someone as "stupid" and "arrogant" isn't name-calling? Whew! Coulda fooled me.

Nah, I was joking. I say insulting things about your present President with happy frequency. You are invited to say anything at all you would like about our Prime Minister. Heck, even take a shot at the Maple Leaf.

I see. And when you say insulting things about other posters? Joking, no doubt? As in:

blatham wrote:
Quote:
"What is distressing is that you and finn suck it up and repeat it like folks in Frankfurt passing on how Jews are just like rats."

Question

Yes, I forgot about that one.

That was very insulting, wasn't it?

And I'm afraid I can't find the humor behind it.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 11:48 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
blatham wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
blatham wrote:
Quote:
Calling the Clintons or the Bushes names is not the same as wishing them calamity.

I have NEVER called Bush names.

Wishing him calamity is something I would expect from the vile and vengeful haters of the Canadian Left.
Prudent expectation.
In your desire to achieve the anarchistic chaos of total freedom, many of you hate all that is wholesome and decent.
We LOVE what is wholesome and decent. We wish to spend more time with the wholesome and the decent. But the chances we are going to accept your proscriptions on what them there things look like is not very good at all. (PS...wow, you must once have behaved pretty badly to later go flying off into such rigorous puritanical messianism. Please send photos
Many of you snarl and bite at the restraints of an ordered society, and would chew off your own legs to be free of them.
Would we? We are getting better. I used to have trouble facing a hangnail.
You are certainly content to chew up all who oppose you.
Spitting, spitting out bad tasting Republican.

Where's revel? How's that for a "thought out piece?"

As I've happily acknowledged, it was a pretty ridiculous and quite exaggerated comment about many of the Canadian Left.

One might even say Krugmanian in nature.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 11:56 am
eeyep, He must be out of surgery by now.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 12:05 pm
it is over, it was a success.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 12:12 pm
thanks lil k,.
bUBBA HAVE NEW ZIPPER

Totally apolitical in nature, just an attempt at breaking the web of
"who, when sick, is more deserving of good wishes than another"
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 12:18 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
JustWonders wrote:
blatham wrote:
Quote:
Referring to someone as "stupid" and "arrogant" isn't name-calling? Whew! Coulda fooled me.

Nah, I was joking. I say insulting things about your present President with happy frequency. You are invited to say anything at all you would like about our Prime Minister. Heck, even take a shot at the Maple Leaf.

I see. And when you say insulting things about other posters? Joking, no doubt? As in:

blatham wrote:
Quote:
"What is distressing is that you and finn suck it up and repeat it like folks in Frankfurt passing on how Jews are just like rats."

Question

Yes, I forgot about that one.

That was very insulting, wasn't it?

And I'm afraid I can't find the humor behind it.

Nah, no humor intended there. That was straight anger.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 12:21 pm
Well, I am certainly hoping that there are some mighty fine female interns or student nurses or whatever attending to "slicks" recovery. I am sure
Hitlery feels the same way. Do you think he is allowed a cigar now and then?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 12:24 pm
I think my dad was told to say no to cigars for at least 6 months. But, with clinton, who knows. It's that first 6 months where you have to be super careful about everything.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 12:25 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 12:26 pm
hmmmm, is my grammar up there a little off?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 12:33 pm
Please cease with the light-hearted postings. I am in a period of high sexual frustration and need to throw sharp things at people.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 03:50 pm
Well, DO something about it Blatham!!!

Sheesh - don't you have opposeable thumbs?

I am in foul humour for no good reason.

But - I think someone is going to die....
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 03:56 pm
well Bunny I too have been to Queensland and I understand your anquish
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 04:09 pm
and the Bunny answers:
"grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 05:42 pm
The AP retracts their 'Booed' story!

Quote:
Audience boos as Bush offers best wishes for Clinton's recovery
By Associated Press, 9/3/2004 13:57

WEST ALLIS, Wis. (AP) President Bush on Friday wished Bill Clinton ''best wishes for a swift and speedy recovery.''

''He's is in our thoughts and prayers,'' Bush said at a campaign rally.

Bush's audience of thousands in West Allis, Wis., booed. Bush did nothing to stop them.

Retraction:

Quote:
AP Changes "Boos" to "Ooohs" in Report on Bush and Clinton

By E & P Staff

Published: September 03, 2004 10:00 PM EST

NEW YORK The Associated Press changed "boos" to "ooohhs" Friday afternoon in reporting on President George Bush's first statement to supporters on the heart ailment that has befallen former President Bill Clinton.

In a dispatch sent to subscribers in early afternoon, the AP reported that when Bush, at a campaign rally in West Allis, Wisconsin, told the crowd that he wished to send Clinton his "best wishes for a swift and speedy recovery," the audience "of thousands booed. Bush did nothing to stop them."

Pretty damning, except that AP soon changed its story, only after the original appeared on many Web sites.

Several Web sites revealed that AP "retracted" the report "citing uncertainties about how to characterize the crowd's reaction."

The new version moved on the wire Friday described the same incident this way, after relating Bush's remarks: "The crowd reacted with applause and with some 'ooohs,' apparently surprised by the news that Clinton was ill."

A Knight Ridder/Tribune (KRT) report put it this way: "Some in Bush's audience booed when he wished Clinton well...." The AFP wire report declared that after Bush's statement "thousands of boisterous supporters clapped respectfully."

Source
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 05:52 pm
damn conservative media and their lying lies. I bet someone from Rove's office made them change their story.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 06:02 pm
dlowan wrote:
Well, DO something about it Blatham!!!

Sheesh - don't you have opposeable thumbs?

I am in foul humour for no good reason.

But - I think someone is going to die....

No, wore them to a nubbin in my early teen years.

There are many fine reasons for a foul humor, and I think one need not depress oneself further by going to all the trouble of picking and chosing.

Has the body fallen yet?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 06:22 pm
dyslexia wrote:
well Bunny I too have been to Queensland and I understand your anquish

I had a fasbulous time in Queensland, thank you!

No bodies yet, Blatham.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 06:51 pm
Well, perhaps things are turning a corner. Today, Clinton has arisen.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2004 07:19 pm
dyslexia wrote:
damn conservative media and their lying lies. I bet someone from Rove's office made them change their story.

It was some new guy, said somebody came to his home and said they would register him to vote as long as he registered republican...so he did and in turn re-wrote the story.
0 Replies