Clinton Hospitalized

ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:32 pm
I wish Mr. Clinton well.

Good thing I went to Wisconsin last year.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:33 pm
blatham wrote:
That is 36 posts as of 8:05. Anyone want to join a pool on what the final number will be?

+/- 50, depending on when tonight's mod checks in.

(I wouldn't stand too close, as the lightning bolt which vaporizes him will singe your eyebrows.)

Wave goodbye to the troll, everyone...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:37 pm
Why on earth will they wait until early next week before operating?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:44 pm
Baldimo wrote:
johnbelushi wrote:
maybe he should stopping smoking those cigars, its bad for your heart.......and oh yeah and ****/hanging out with fat chicks is only going to be a bad influence because:

1) they make you eat more

2) they make you do all the work

3) Cigar + fat chick= Heart attack

come on Bill Get with F'ing program already.

While trying to be funny, this isn't the place for such stuff. Make your own thread.

daaaa-yummmm baldi! man, your stock just went up with me. :wink:
0 Replies

johnbelushi

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:48 pm
fwasf
yeah if you want to make friends here for all you new guys just criticize me for not being a liberal, and for having an original point of view, oh yeah and then theres my atoricous sense of humor which you can quote whenever you feel like it.

-thanks for everything i realy enjoyed the stay
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:49 pm
littlek wrote:
Why on earth will they wait until early next week before operating?

they usually have to stabilize you and get you built up first. it's one of the most dramatic operations you can have and the body just wigs out, so they need to make you as strong as possible.

the ambulance dumped me out on friday afternoon and they did my 4x on tuesday afternoon. the wait is one of the hard parts.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:52 pm
antibiotics?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:56 pm
littlek wrote:
antibiotics?

yup, them too.

plus, they have to force feed you as much horrible tasting alledged food as you can hold. it bolsters the survival instinct. you know that the only way you are ever gonna get anything that doesn't taste like mystery yuck with detergent gravy is to get well and escape!
Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 07:57 pm
Ha!
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 08:51 pm
BBB,
Your comment,attributed to the AP,about ..."Audience boos as Bush offers best wishes for Clinton's recovery
By Associated Press, 9/3/2004 13:57 "
Is wrong.I saw the video of that speech,and the crowd did NOT boo.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 09:04 pm
I'm not a subscriber to Editor and Publisher, so this is the only reference I could find to this on Google.

Quote:
The AP Changes "Boos" to "Ooohs" in Report on Bush and Clinton
Editor & Publisher (subscription), NY - 25 minutes ago
... Bush's first statement to supporters on the heart ailment that ... afternoon, the AP reported that when Bush, at a ... crowd that he wished to send Clinton his "best .

(I can still find a pile of the boos at Google, though <sigh>)

I'm hoping mysteryman and Editor and Publisher are right.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 09:14 pm
mysteryman wrote:
BBB,
Your comment,attributed to the AP,about ..."Audience boos as Bush offers best wishes for Clinton's recovery

I agree, I heard a clip on the radio and all I heard was cheering after the comment. I would hope that they were cheering due to Bushs postive comments, not his news. I would find that a little sad. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 11:40 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
Indeed, Noddy. I'm rather disappointed in them right now. I thought they'd be swarming to this thread like maggots. Instead, just a few, almost-polite comments. Civility about the Clintons? Who'd a thunk it...

Says much more about you D'artagnan, than "them."
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2004 11:42 pm
mysteryman wrote:
BBB,

Ditto
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 12:11 am
A long time friend of mine got the news for himself last Thursday and had the op on Monday, and I have been very worried - he's ok, so far so good. On Bill Clinton, I am sorry he has to go through this but wish him well.

I am glad you are here on the other side of that, don't tread, and ... yeh, even I wish Cheney good heath.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 12:21 am
ossobuco wrote:
I am glad you are here on the other side of that, don't tread, and ... yeh, even I wish Cheney good heath.

thanks ossobucco!! probably not as glad as i am though... :wink:
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 12:34 am
I believe you, Don't. 41, what a wake-up. Sheeee-it.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 12:03 pm
Mysteryman
Mysteryman wrote: "BBB, Your comment,attributed to the AP,about ..."Audience boos as Bush offers best wishes for Clinton's recovery By Associated Press, 9/3/2004 13:57 " Is wrong. I saw the video of that speech,and the crowd did NOT boo."

You must think I'm really sleazy. I'm puzzled as to why you would make such an unfair statement. Perhaps if you had the courtesy to read my post---the entire post---you will note that I also posted the entire text of Bush's speech as presented on his official web site to show that the crowd applauded and did not boo. If there were any boos from the crowd, they were not audible in the tape of that portion of Bush's speech.

I posted both views of the speech to show what real reporting sleaze is.

BBB
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 01:25 pm
BBB,
I reread my post about 4 hours after I wrote it,and it did seem like I was accusing you.
I'm sorry,that was not my intention or my thought.
I was just trying to point out that even the AP screws up.
I didnt mean to say you did it,and if thats the way it came out I apologize.
MEA CULPA

You now have permission to give me 20 lashes with a wet noodle.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2004 02:46 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
D'artagnan wrote:
Indeed, Noddy. I'm rather disappointed in them right now. I thought they'd be swarming to this thread like maggots. Instead, just a few, almost-polite comments. Civility about the Clintons? Who'd a thunk it...

Says much more about you D'artagnan, than "them."

Apparently you've missed out on the hundreds of posts re "Hitlary", Finn...
0 Replies