I'm Changing My Vote

cjhsa

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 05:56 pm
Not everyone can have a dog... I like them too... but again...

My advice is directly from the instructors teaching the concealed carry classes. Once your home has been compromised, you don't want to go searching for the perps. Find a spot to hide, and if they come near you, tell them you're armed. If they keep coming, shoot first, not second.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 05:57 pm
Quote:
Dogs are amazing.

I agree!!! Very Happy
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 05:57 pm
All I'm saying is that if you CAN have a dog, then get one.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 06:02 pm
JustWonders wrote:
Don't - the investigating police also recommended they get a dog. Mine passed away last year and it's taken me some time to get past that. I'm seriously considering another one now, though.

sorry to hear that. went through that a couple of years back. drag. have a fantastic shepard/pit mix (holy toledo!) now that i found in an intersection as a puppy. she is loyal as they come. and keeps a pretty good eye on things.

get a corgi. great watch dogs, loud bark and they are cuddly enough to be "girl friendly".
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 06:03 pm
This is what I'd have if I could.

http://www.centralpets.com/critter_images/mammals/dogs/DOG_0000074_20020830191742.jpg

A great guardian, great with kids, and can be trained as a hunting dog.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 06:05 pm
Man's best friend. We have a Border Collie/Shepard mix who is now 13 and going downhill fairly quickly. But she's absolutely amazing, extremely smart, and highly protective.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 06:06 pm
Don't - I'll check them out. I know if I get anywhere near the animal shelter, I won't be coming home alone Smile
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 06:10 pm
Now I'm rethinking the gun thing LOL. I think a dog is probably a better choice.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 06:10 pm
Our baby:

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~booblehole/Bush/dscf0015.jpg
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 06:14 pm
LOL!! Have to say I'd think twice if he was barking at me! Bet he's a sweetheart, though.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 06:15 pm
JustWonders wrote:
Don't - I'll check them out. I know if I get anywhere near the animal shelter, I won't be coming home alone Smile

my wife refuses to get on these post boards. but, there's a lady called ossobucco around a2k that has a corgi. she can fill ya in on "the girl view" of corgis.
Very Happy
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 7 Sep, 2004 06:16 pm
youre pussying out in early September. Jeez, i know accordian players with more adahesion to their convictions.

At least you can cancel out McG's vote.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 8 Sep, 2004 07:39 am
Sofia wrote:
...."mourning attire?"...

Actually it is the in thing now to wear white to funerals.
0 Replies

Sunmaiden

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 04:53 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Those links don't work for me, unsure why.

Those two extraordinarily vague clauses you note encompass almost ALL of the semi-automatic weapons currently in the hand of hunters and sportsmen and women across the U.S. Ten rounds? "..any other characteristic that can function as a grip..."? Gimme a break...

why do hunters need semi-automatic weapons? are they killing mass amounts of animals simutainously? this does not sound like hunting to me; it sounds like mass murder of animals.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 05:06 pm
Some hunters are bad shots... :wink:
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 26 Oct, 2004 05:06 pm
Oh brother. I'm not even gonna respond to that, other than to say, you really need to get out more often.
0 Replies