I'm Changing My Vote

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 09:58 am
Despite the fact I've said it's not so....I always get lumped in with the extreme left.....I have supported John Kerry as I would have supported whoever the democrats threw up there because I feel bush is the most dangerous thing to happen to this country from within in our history and he needs to go but it is becoming obvious to me that things have passed the point where people can or will make a good decision regarding this...there fore I truly believe that my vote for Kerry is a waste...so I am voting for Michael Badnarik.......if bush is a shoo in I may as well vote for the guy who truly represents my beliefs.....

I'm prepared for the oncoming flack.....

God Save America....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,240 • Replies: 95
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 10:02 am
I voted for Pat Paulsen and Ross Perot, once. I won't do that again.
0 Replies

shaggydog

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 10:21 am
NO WAY Bear, this isn't at all over. If you don't like Bush stick with Kerry. This convention bounce might not last, Iraq could get worse, who knows a scandel could happen.

The libertarians have a real obnoxious air about them anyway. Their oversimplification of policy is silly, imo.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 10:26 am
I agree with shaggydog. BPB, this is as bad as it gets. It's as bad as it gets and it's STILL this close. Kerry has been "conserving resources" and hasn't done much of anything in August (something about campaign finances, can't use ____ after he officially accepts the nomination or before ___.) The Republicans are in the midst of their convention. (At this point in the Dem convention is when we were all really, really happy and Craven for the first time said that he wasn't as convinced that Bush would win after all.) I mean, that's what conventions are FOR.

There will be a convention/ Swiftie bounce, most likely, and THEN we will see what happens.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 10:26 am
shaggydog wrote:
Their oversimplification of policy is silly, imo.

I talked to our county Libertarian chairman a decade ago, and came away with the same feeling, shaggydog. Still, I've about as much enthusiasm for Bush as Bear has for Kerry.
0 Replies

shaggydog

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 10:45 am
Roger, I have never voted lightheartedly for any presidential candidate. Maybe it is inevitable that the process produces gutwrenching choices.

Have a nice LOOOONG weekend everybody.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 10:46 am
I believe that enough of the American citizens are pissing their pants afraid and will vote for bush for that reason and that reason only.........perhaps it's time to simplify our policies...then maybe we wouldn't constantly be losing track of what we've said or believe......
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 10:57 am
So, it's 49/49 in late October.
Still votin' Badnarik, bpbear?
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 11:06 am
I think BPBear is kidding.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 11:08 am
One down. 150 million more to go...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 11:13 am
Let me make my point perfectly clear....I believe bush is a shoe in because I have lost faith in my fellow citizens...I think more of them are cowed pussies than not and will vote for the candidate that has convinced them they can hide behind their apron skirts and pretend to be tough......it's sickening.....besides bashing Kerry and talking about keeping us safe from danger there is NOTHING on bushs' plaform or agenda......and there apparently doesn't need to be as long as it's wrapped up in red white and blue swaddling cloth and lying in a manger.....
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 11:15 am
so waht you are saying Bear is that we have a nation of angry, white girlymen?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 11:27 am
dys one of the many things I like and admire about you....I don't have to explain myself more than once... :wink:
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 11:50 am
Hopefully stem cell research results won't cure dyslexia.

And I don't mean that in a Eddie Haskell kind of way.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 01:24 pm
bpb

I see why you don't like bush but feel he is going to get voted in because we have stupid people who fall every which way the wind currently blows, but what is there that keeps you from liking John Kerry? Do you believe the swift boat guys? Do you believe the spin about kerry's military votes? Or do you just think kerry hair is too high and don't like him but would have voted for him rather than Bush?

If you don't want to answer, it's ok, i was just genuinly curious.

I can see that now the democrats are going to have start selling john kerry rather than relying on bush natural flub ups.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 01:29 pm
Gee, a novel idea. Make the people actually want their party's nominee to win the Presidency!

<good luck with that!>
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 01:31 pm
And there's not a great deal of spin being put on Kerry's military (and also 2nd ammendment) voting record. It's a lousy record that speaks for itself.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 01:46 pm
If you guys are speaking to me:

Yes I agree we should start selling John Kerry. I think we have been afraid to because we didn't want him "out" there to be picked on. Well, he got picked on anyway. So now it is time to start selling him. Actually I bet there is a lot of good things to work with. I know that I am going to start anyway. What good it does really don't matter.

The records do speak for themselves. In John Kerry's favor. Sometimes in those votes, there are other things in the whole ammendment that keeps a person from voting for it and the other way around. Despite how you guys like to make out, everything can't be said in two seconds flat in a sound bite.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 01:51 pm
JOHN KERRY VOTING RECORD:: THE LIST

ABORTION

Voted to federally fund abortions.

Voted against parental consent for minors.

Voted against ban on Partial Birth Abortion (3 times)

Voted against ban on sending money to UN population fund if the money was sent to pay for China forced abortion and sterilization policy.

NARAL lifetime rating of 100%

National Right to Life Committee lifetime rating of 0%

DEATH PENALTY

Opposes federal death penalty.

Voted against death penalty for terrorists. (recently flip-flopped in 2002)

Voted against death penalty for drug-related murders.

TAXES & BUDGET

Voted against Bush tax cut and wants to repeal portions of Bush tax cut.

Voted for 1993 Clinton tax hike. (largest in history)

Voted against major tax relief packages at least 10 times.

Voted at least 5 times against balance budget amendments.

Kerry voted at least five times to raid The Social Security Trust Fund.

MILITARY & NATIONAL SECURITY

Voted for 7 major reductions in military funding Voted against Gulf War I (1991).

Voted for Gulf War II (but then criticized and voted against military appropriation for troops).

Voted against MX missile.

Voted against Trident Submarine.

Voted against SDI (Strategic Defense Initiative â€" Star Wars).

Voted against B-1 and B-2 Stealth Bomber and Fighter.

Favored UN control of US Troops (in the 1970s).

Supported Slashing $2.6 Billion from Intelligence Funding While Serving as a Member of Senate Intel Committee.

Attended a seminar (the so-called "Winter Soldier Investigation) bankrolled by Jane Fonda in Detroit in February 1971 during which 125 self-proclaimed Vietnam veterans testified at a Howard Johnson's about atrocities allegedly committed by our own forces.

Many of the so-called Veterans were frauds and virtually every alleged atrocity was investigated and proven to be false.

FAITH & VALUES

Voted against ban on human cloning.

Voted Against Defense of Marriage Act (to give states option to decide whether to recognize homosexual marriages in other states).

Sent letter to Massachusetts Legislature opposing Constitutional Amendment defining marriage as solely between a man and a woman.

Favors civil unions for homosexuals.

Voted to extend hate crimes protections to homosexuals.

Voted against a constitutional amendment on flag desecration.

EDUCATION

Voted against voluntary school prayer.

Voted against voucher pilot program.

Voted against approving a school-choice pilot program

JUDGES, COURTS & LAW

Voted against confirmation of Clarence Thomas for Supreme Court Justice.

Voted against confirmation of Robert Bork for Supreme Court Justice.

Voted against confirmation William Rehnquist as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

Voted against confirmation John Ashcroft as US Attorney General.

Voted against punitive damages in products liability cases. As Michael Dukakis Lt. Governor From 1983-1985, Kerry Supported Granting Prison Furloughs To Hundreds Of Massachusetts Inmates.

FOREIGN POLICY

Against linking Most Favored Nation status to China human rights record.

Voted for Kyoto Protocol on Environment that exempted major Third Word polluters.

Supported Iraq regime change as late as January, 2003.

Now has flipped-flopped For Unilateral nuclear Freeze.

Voted against deployment of INF missiles in Europe.

POLITICAL ASSOCIATIONS

Leading member of VVAW (Vietnam Veterans Against the War)

Attended and conducted anti-war and anti-American protests in the 1970s. Organized the Protests.

Votes with Ted Kennedy an average of 94% of the time.

Received $300,000 contribution from Johnny Chung as directed by Chinese intelligence officer.

Supported Communist Sandinistas and visited with leader Communist Daniel Ortega days before Ortega flew to Moscow and received $200 million in Soviet aid.

Has a lifetime rating of 26% from Citizens Against Government Waste.

Has a lifetime rating of 0% from the National Rifle Association.

Lifetime liberal vote rating of 93% from Americans For Democratic Action (5 points higher than Ted Kennedy).

Voted with the liberal activist group, The League Of Conservation Voters, an average of 95% of the time.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 02:05 pm
How can he be the most consistently liberal voter, and a flip-flopper? The two just don't go together.

This is the part that really gets my goat, tho:

Quote:
Voted against major tax relief packages at least 10 times.

Voted at least 5 times against balance budget amendments.

Kerry voted at least five times to raid The Social Security Trust Fund.

You don't know anything about those votes. There are a lot of reasons for voting for/against a bill, whether it is fiscally untenable for the country, or there are crazy riders added on, or if the part you are listing was a rider to a LARGER bill. I remember several of those 'balanced-budget' amendments, and some of them were just plain retarded, others were Voodoo economics amendments. But, it sure makes him look bad to list it in this fashion, doesn't it?

This is called: Manipulating statistics to make someone look bad. I know that you didn't make the list; can you please post your links?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies