Terror at Orlando Nightclub, 20 Feared Dead.

dlowan

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 03:34 pm
@Region Philbis,
This may already have been posted.

If you wish to help fund victims' medical expenses:

https://www.gofundme.com/PulseVictimsFund/donate
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 03:41 pm
@revelette2,
This is rich.

This guy was interviewed twice by the FBI and deemed not to be a threat. Obviously they were wrong, but if after the first interview, they did deem him one, despite whatever evidence led them to believe he wasn't, and he was stripped of any of his rights, you and your friends would be the first ones to wail "Islamaphobia!" if he found a sympathetic journalist in the NY Times to publish his tales of being persecuted because he was a Muslim.

If you don't think the FBI agents are sensitive, probably overly so, to charges of Islamaphobia, you are deluded.

This would be an example of how political correctness could be close to something like evil.
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 03:46 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

This is rich.

This guy was interviewed twice by the FBI and deemed not to be a threat. Obviously they were wrong, but if after the first interview, they did deem him one, despite whatever evidence led them to believe he wasn't, and he was stripped of any of his rights, you and your friends would be the first ones to wail "Islamaphobia!" if he found a sympathetic journalist in the NY Times to publish his tales of being persecuted because he was a Muslim.

Why would they deem him a threat and persecute him despite evidence to the contrary?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 03:50 pm
@InfraBlue,
Because the government has never made a mistake?

The point is that people are playing Monday morning quarterback about this guy when it assists them in arguing for more gun control. Surely even you're oh so clever mind absorbs that fact.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 04:12 pm
@Region Philbis,
I understand people up in the air over gun laws. But, this guy had issues, like any other Serial Killer, fact of the matter is, he, is / was a Mass Murderer.

His face-book page, indeed, states " Anti- Gays" underneath his name, yet in 2009, he worked in Cafe's with a whole heap of guys who's chosen partners were of the same sex, according to them, he got on well with them, according to them, something must have changed.

He also badly wanted to be in the Police Force. It would be my thoughts that if he was investigated a couple of times by the FBI, no way would they ever allow him in the Police Force. If that was his underlying dream and it was taken away.... Most Mass Murderers have a point they reach before they decide to go out with a bang and take innocent lives with them, no matter whether it's a school, night club, it's always a public place with a lot of people.

No doubt they will find that he looked up Mass Murderers and their destructions on the Internet, prior to and for how long is anyone's guess.

They were "people". They died because of another mentally ill person whereby something triggered. Should this wanna be Cop have been able to have such a forceful gun, or any gun. Obviously not. But, it's the "person" behind it that killed those innocent men and women.

It's claimed his ex-wife escaped him, via her Family, getting her out, that he was physically abusive and verbally abusive to her on-going.

It's claimed by his Father that in front of his now wife and son, that he saw two men kissing and that is why he did what he did.

It's claimed that he went to Church with his son, never said a word, smiled and left.

Was it an act also of Terrorism? I don't think that, that matters.

If he was abusive to his ex-wife to the extent her Family rescued her, his Family must also have known that he had issues, mentally.

What erks me, is that everyone walks away, no one says a word and then one day, like Elliot Rogers, these people go on a rampage then what, do they regret that they didn't want to believe there was an issue, or get that person help. Who knows.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 04:19 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Good points.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 04:24 pm
@ossobuco,
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, Osso...

https://news.vice.com/article/orlando-gunman-omar-mateen-father-seddique-mir-mateen-punish-gay-people

Quote:
A day after 49 people were massacred at a gay dance club in Orlando, the gunman's father, Seddique Mir Mateen, posted a video on Facebook in which he said that it should have been up to God — not his son — to administer "punishment" for homosexuality.

In the video, which was posted early Monday morning and later removed, Mateen said that his son's actions are not supported by Islam, but he also suggested that the victims of the attack — the deadliest mass shooting in US history — deserved to be punished by a higher power.

"The punishment for homosexuality is upon God and he will decide on them not humans," Mateen said. "What he [my son] has done has shocked me... I ask God for help and guidance for all the youth to follow the true path of Islam."

This suggests that 1) he would not have the approval of his Father but 2) exactly how he was bought up about same sex and somehow, he actually does have the approval of his Father in reading between the lines.

Also though to post this on Face-book? Where the heck did he state, I love my Son, no what have you done, I can't believe you're gone, why couldn't the Police have shot you in the leg and let you live, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Quote:
Mateen's father told NBC News on Sunday that his son became very angry recently after seeing two men kissing in downtown Miami in front of his young son.

"He saw two men kissing each other in front of his wife and kid, and he got very angry," the father said. "They were kissing each other and touching each other, and he said: 'Look at that. In front of my son, they are doing that.' And then we were in the men's bathroom, and men were kissing each other."

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 04:42 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Because the government has never made a mistake?

The point is that people are playing Monday morning quarterback about this guy when it assists them in arguing for more gun control. Surely even you're oh so clever mind absorbs that fact.

The government wouldn't be playing Monday morning quarterback, though. If they were to make a mistake then the guy would be unfairly persecuted.

How you're tying this in with gun control is beyond me.

Your argument is a non sequitur.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 04:52 pm
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13445550_10207116918583771_1079277800942506390_n.jpg?oh=2afec08f9c06ff73dd1ae689ae712489&oe=5807F44D
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 04:56 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I take it the father wasn't for him taking over Allah's job, while understanding and being for the, to me, cultural mores of distaste and shaming of this ordinary and oft joyful human behavior, from many zillions of reports on the subject.

Ah, people get to not approve of stuff. I was brought up as extremely religious, disapproving of a great deal, and hey, look at me now. Time, reading, observation, or just getting a job - can help the enclosed, like I was.

I see the problem as the intersection of hate of some sort taught by whomever, obsession/mental illness, and availability of weapons that can obliterate many. I would guess that has been the recipe for some wars, but I'm no war historian.
Builder

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 05:58 pm
@parados,
Quote:
They haven't even removed all the bodies yet and you want the video footage?

Parents reading cue cards very badly is all I'm seeing.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 06:29 pm
@ossobuco,
I think the Father had two website pages, one face-book and was against Pakistan. I also think that the kid was Bullied as a kid, who wasn't?

There are apparently two wives, no one knows where the second one is, who had has child.

I'm betting though that he wanted to beat his Father, somehow and was angry at him all of his life.

Just my thoughts, you know me with these things Smile
ossobuco

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 06:41 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Listening. You are a more inveterate researcher than I am, paying attention,
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 06:47 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Yes.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 06:49 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm also not invested in this and that, tend to watch.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 07:58 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote Finn:
Quote:

Yes, and nothing about your argument about how the FBI should have caught him changes the fact that assault weapons are absurdly easy to obtain in this country. Make them easy to obtain, and inevitably some lunatic will use them, and this will continue until they are banned.
Builder

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 08:44 pm
First guy interviewed is a known actor, and is using his own name. Describes a "bullet" as long as your index finger, "hanging out of this guy's leg". You can't make this stuff up. Seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMlpKHfnJyg
0 Replies

Builder

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 08:48 pm
@Blickers,
So you're following the party line?

Interesting.
Blickers

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 08:52 pm
@Builder,
So what are you trying to say, the whole shooting scene is a fake?
ossobuco

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 08:54 pm
@Blickers,
Pass on by, please.
0 Replies